Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-mobile Plans and thier Hidden Cost

Feedback Score

Cool T-mobile Plans and thier Hidden Cost

just a word of warning to the community at large. T-Mobile appears to be in the business of hidden and duplicate charges.

I decided to try t-mobile out and wow talk about your total end cost.

The story is long and ardous but the end result:

2 phones (MOT razors)
    2 Lines
    400 ins message
    Insurance
    1 year contract

(First months bill + phone cost)

Quoted cost (montly) for the first year

One year Total :$ 2575.00

It is gonna end up costing me over twenty five hundred by the end of this year for T-Mobiles Cell phone plan.

I hope this awakens people to the hazards of some phone companies.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So what plan was this, and are you going over your minutes? I have never had a "hidden charge" or excessive charge on my bill, and I've been with T-Mobile for about 8 years. If you use up your minutes, you're going to be hit hard, but you can get a plan with more minutes anyway.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T; Digicel
    Feedback Score
    Unless we hear this "long and arduous" tale, I cannot say you are fairly assessing T-Mo.
    As another long term customer, I've never had any hidden fees. And any errors caused by them were immediately corrected with one phone call.
    PSA: karibOS is FEMALE

karibOS v6.17

lisa: "the simpsons are going to canada!" homer: "awwww, why leave America to go to america, jr.?"

Phones
    Galaxy Blaze 4G
    Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G
    HTC HD7
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't see it. I have My Faves 1000 minute plan shared (2 lines), BIS service on one line, insurance. Total for a month is $160.00 give or take extra mins or text messages. No hidden fees, no extras I didn't ask for. The bulk of it seems to be the phone cost. Phones are expensive with a 1 year plan no matter where you go. Also, every carrier has to charge taxes and regulatory fees. That is our Federal Govt not the carrier. I'm just grateful I get 1000 minutes and only pay 20/month for BIS. AT&T and Verizon would choke me $180 to $200 a month for same package. Browse the other carriers websites, add up your package(similar phones and all) and add $15 to $20 in fees/taxes. See which ones add up to what and you'll see you're not being charged any more than anyone else.
    Last edited by lvmychryblsmrzr; 03-31-2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Mistake
    To heck with flowers and candy, leave the jewelry at the store, but when it comes to cell phones, I always want one more.

Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Moved: Please post in the proper Forum.
    Google Nexus 5

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How much did you get charged for each phone? $300.00?? Because some quick math based on your numbers would play it out at around $600 for your two phones and about $165/month for service over the course of a year.

You need to detail out your costs here because this is really, really, really suspicious.
    signatures? off.

Phones
    Galaxy Blaze 4G
    Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G
    HTC HD7
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The Razr2 is $200 each with a 2 year contract. I can imagine they were $300 each with only a one year contract. That's $600 right there. Which makes sense if your total was $775 with the first bill.That puts your bill around $175 a month with insurance, messaging, taxes and surcharges(FCC). That's not too bad considering what you have in add ons and that it's a 2 line plan.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lvmychryblsmrzr
    The Razr2 is $200 each with a 2 year contract. I can imagine they were $300 each with only a one year contract. That's $600 right there. Which makes sense if your total was $775 with the first bill.That puts your bill around $175 a month with insurance, messaging, taxes and surcharges(FCC). That's not too bad considering what you have in add ons and that it's a 2 line plan.
    It's 2008. If anyone pays more than $25 for a RAZR (not a RAZR 2, that's not what the OP said) as part of a new contract then they have been royally taken to the cleaners.

Phones
    G1
    RAZR2 V8, Sidekick III, T-Mobile Dash, MDA, SDA, Blackberry Pearl
    V330, V551, V600, V3 razr, V3x razr, ROKR E6
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Don't forget activation fees on the first bill as well. 2 lines will run you 70 bucks.
    Wouldn't it be nice if your cell phone could dispense beer?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Motorola RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon - Voice/Data/Text
    TriCore Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Weird,, as much as the OP might sound like he/she may be exagerating, I think I would have to agree witht he OP.. I have noticed a lot with my bills.. I have both Sprint, VZW and ATT before T-Mob,, and so far, I have been paying a WHOLE LOT more with T-Mob then with anyone else even with my Corp Discount... I did not move to T-Mob because it was cheap, it was because I had to for M2M, but in the end, since I have always heard they are overall cheaper but I have seen that are not at all..

Dont even pay attention to my signature,, it needs to be updated because what you see there is not at all what am getting charge for..
    • Which is the best provider in the USA? - POLL 2013 •

My Verizon's 4G LTE Network is Way Better than my own COX Cable Internet

(¯`• FerNey äKä BuźźeƦs •´¯)

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, without any further elaboration (examples, perhaps? what plan, how many minutes over?) by the OP (who hasn't been back anyway) and not knowing anyone else personally who has been overcharged, duplicate charged, or had any hidden charges on his or her bill, I'm certainly not going to agree with the OP. The only time my bill was ever more than my contract rate was when I went over my minutes, and that was my fault.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Motorola RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon - Voice/Data/Text
    TriCore Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I currently have a $70.00 plan with 800 mics, 4 lines.. We never go over our minutes, and we do have unlimited TXT for $20.00 more dollars. Also since there is not M2M on a MyFaves plan I pay an extra $10.00 for it..

So the brake down is like this..

Shared plan 800 MINUTES - - $70.00 for 1st 2 lines
    Extra lines - - - - - - - - $20.00 for 2 more lines
    M2M - - - - - - - - - - - - $10.00
    Unlimited TXT all lines - - $20.00
    Unlimited Data- - - - - - - $20.00 only on 1 line
    -----------
    Total - - - - - - - - - - - $140.00

My bill is been around 161.00 and as high as 171.00 but it never shows any extra charges for data, or online purchases or anything.. Taxes do bring it up a bit higher then 140.00, but it should not bring it up that much. I never paid this much with VZW or ATT. And the Reps can not explain why my bill comes up higher then it should.. They try though..

Phones
    Nokia 5320 (Arriving on 10/3/08
    Nokia 6263
    Nokia 5310
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    $161 sounds fair for a plan costing $140. As someone up there said, add about $15-$20 in taxes and fees and that.

As far as the OP, I think this was just a bait to start a war, as he hasn't been back in over a month to look at his thread.

Finally, I am also with T-Mobile. I've had no hidden charges at all with them during my contract. (Granted, its only been about a year.....)

Phone
    Samsung SCH-i760
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Also, please remember it has not been identified which outlet this service was purchased at. In Wal-Marts, especially, it is easy to feel like you are being overcharged. I've seen an activation processed, only to have the customer's bill cycle end 26 or so days on down the road instead of a full 30 and the customer be PRO-RATED for that first full month in addition to that "partial" first month, which nearly doubles the first bill. I've yet to understand why our POS does that.
    Diomedesxx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diomedesxx
    Also, please remember it has not been identified which outlet this service was purchased at. In Wal-Marts, especially, it is easy to feel like you are being overcharged. I've seen an activation processed, only to have the customer's bill cycle end 26 or so days on down the road instead of a full 30 and the customer be PRO-RATED for that first full month in addition to that "partial" first month, which nearly doubles the first bill. I've yet to understand why our POS does that.
    Bills are generated in the thousands per day, they assign random bill cycle dates because it's easier to send out a constant number of bills per day. I do think that they could do a better job about making the proration a little smaller... but everywhere you go you get billed in advance these days...

I laugh when we call our 'regular' plans 'post-paid' accounts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast