Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Prepaid - Roaming in Canada?

Carriers
    at&t
    Feedback Score

U.S. Prepaid - Roaming in Canada?

Of the following carriers, which one provides roaming in Canada for U.S. users?

* 7-Eleven Speak Out
    * T-Mobile
    * Airvoice
    * RedPocket

Does anyone know the roaming rates?

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile To Go (prepaid) offers Canada roaming at 69cpm.

I don't know if the other three mentioned offer roaming in Canada.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    I think T-Mo is the only prepay that reliably roams in Canada. Sometimes you can use the internet on Boost in Canada but calls do not go through.

Phones
    Nexus 6, Note3, Note2, iiPad3, Nexus 5,
    Moto X, evo3d, gnex, atrix,
    e71, v3xx, s56
    Carrier
    vzw, att, tmo, RingPlus, lyca, tru, ekit
    Feedback Score
    With the Tmo2Go Cananda LD change from 20c to 50c, I believe the roaming rate is now 99c/min (49c roaming + 50c LD). I will not be able to test that in the near future though.

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    I hadn't heard that the LD charge had increased.

Perhaps one of our Canadian members with T-Mo To Go can confirm the change in LD rate.

Phones
    LG P500h Optimus One - great phone!
    LG vx5600
    Carriers
    Telus
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just made a call a few sec's ago for this post, and I can confirm it's still 69c/min..

enjoy.
    Loving my Allegany Mountain Camp.. 10!!! Acres of Nice and Quiet Peacefulness.. .....................
    oh, and I get to buy GOOD cheap beer at Duty Free every couple wks $22 2-4-Cans of Alexander Keiths Thats Half-Price!

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Thanks DaBones for confirming that the Canada roaming rate on TMTG is still 69cpm.

It's much appreciated.

Carriers
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the info guys. So, 7-11 doesn't roam in Canada even though they offer the 7-11 phones in Canada?

Phones
    LG vx5600
    Carriers
    Telus
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You're Welcome dd....

and Steine, no, 711 SpeakOut phones from the US do not roam in Canada, and the same goes for the CDN service, it will not raom in the US..

Phones
    e71, v3xx, s56
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBones
    I just made a call a few sec's ago for this post, and I can confirm it's still 69c/min..

enjoy.
    Well enjoy it while you can. I have been charged 50c/minute to call Canada from the US for some time on Tmo2Go. I guess the Int'l roaming/LD rate has not caught up yet. Of course I only do that to test out the rate, nobody in their right mind would pay 50c LD when there are so many ways to get it for less than 2c.

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarkson
    Well enjoy it while you can. I have been charged 50c/minute to call Canada from the US for some time on Tmo2Go. I guess the Int'l roaming/LD rate has not caught up yet. Of course I only do that to test out the rate, nobody in their right mind would pay 50c LD when there are so many ways to get it for less than 2c.
    You're talking about long distance *to* Canada and the other part of this conversation was about roaming *in* Canada. Two different rates. To roamin Canada is 69 cents/minute. Not sure what rate is to call to Canada, but it's an amount *above* your airtime rate so whatever the rate you get per minute you have to add long distance on top of that.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phones
    e71, v3xx, s56
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    The roaming rate from Canada to the US has been 49c/minute PLUS the Canada LD rate of 20c/minute making the total for roaming from Canada 69c/minute.

T-Mobile raised the Canada long distance rate from 20c to 50c a few months ago. It seems that Tmo had not reflected this in the total roaming rate yet, but it probably will be at some point, so watch out.

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    As Telekom noted, you are confusing the LD rate to call Canada from the US with the roaming rate while in Canada.

The LD rate to call Canada is 50cpm plus your airtime rate. The roaming rate while in Canada is 69cpm (49cpm roaming plus 20cpm for LD).

See the international prepaid rates from T-Mobile's website: http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/prepaidrates.aspx

Phones
    e71, v3xx, s56
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    I will update my prepaid chart with the 69c since that is reality. However you are missing the common sense rule.

LD is 50c within the US, but 20c in Canada? It recently went from 20c to 50c in the US, so it stands to reason it has just not caught up in the roaming rate in Canada.

Why would it cost airtime+50c to call Canada, but only 69c to roam in Canada?

To make it more confusing, I just did a test and Tmo2Go is charging 50c/minute total to call Canada from the US. Odd.

Phones
    LG vx5600
    Carriers
    Telus
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 summers ago, (2006) when I first got T-Mo2Go, the LD rate to Canada from the USA was 40c/min, plus your airtime rate.. that was what was listed on their website at that time, and thats what i got charged then..

are we sure it's gone up to 50cmin now?? or are you having your 40c + the 10c airtime rate you have? I am not in the US to try it, and when i was in the US a few weeks ago, I never dialed any CDN number's..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast