Thread: Help, I can't transfer contacts on 8700 to memory card???

Phones
    iPhone 3G, BB Storm, VX6900, BB 8830, LG vx8700, Moto E815
    LG vx6000, V60i, V60c
    Startac 7868w, Sammy sch-211
    Carrier
    AT&T, VZW
    Feedback Score

Help, I can't transfer contacts on 8700 to memory card???

Am I missing something? I've been through the menu so many times now I'm going crazy. I would like to save the text messages and contacts(most important) to the memory card I have in the phone.

Also, will it be a problem to use a memory card to get the contacts off an 8100?

I searched and didn't find an answer...

Thanks.

Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The answer is no. Can't be done. Use BitPim and a data cable or bluetooth.

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Phones
    iPhone 3G, BB Storm, VX6900, BB 8830, LG vx8700, Moto E815
    LG vx6000, V60i, V60c
    Startac 7868w, Sammy sch-211
    Carrier
    AT&T, VZW
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for such a fast response.

This is disturbing to say the least. Isn't the point of a memory card to increase storage and backup all important data? What's more important than your contacts?

The is ludicrous.

Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well the idea is that you can store video, pictures, and music on your memory card. Anyhow, the 8100 used a mini-sd card, whereas the 8700 uses a micro-sd (trans flash) card. They are incompatible.

Your options are to take the phone to any VZW store where they will do a phonebook transfer for you, or, to get data cables for both phones (or a usb dongle) and do it yourself on your computer. The other alternative is to use a program called Backup Assistant which is available through Get It Now to backup the contacts from the old phone, and then load them onto the new phone. This program is free if you have a My Account online account, and it's all done over the air. Pretty easy, only you'll have to re-activate the 8100, download/install/run Backup Assistant, and then activate the 8700 and do the same thing. The whole process could be done in under 15 minutes if you do it right.

If you need help performing any of these tasks, there are lots of good threads about it, and with the exception of doing yourself through your computer w/ Bitpim, Verizon's excellent customer support can help you through the whole process.

good luck

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.G

If you need help performing any of these tasks, there are lots of good threads about it, and with the exception of doing yourself through your computer w/ Bitpim, Verizon's excellent customer support can help you through the whole process.
    Several occasions I've had people mention BitPim to me and I have to be evasive and say that I've only ever heard of the program or deny I've even heard of its existence. If I could, I'd love to walk someone through BitPim to save ringtones, etc. Unfortunately my guess is I'm in a huge minority of CS Reps that even know what BitPim is.
    I am no longer an employee of VZW, I left on good terms and still think VZW is the best network in the U.S. and most helpful CSR's in any industry.

God Bless our U.S. Military.

Phones
    Droid, Env-Touch, Dare,
    Hers Voyager, retired..u900Flipshot, u740 ,LG vx8100 backup
    Son HTC touch, vx9900 retired
    Carrier
    Verizon wireless formerly Airtouch
    Feedback Score
    backup assistant on both phones

you need to re-activate the 8100

dl BA, backup your contacts to the vzw server

activate the new phone/8700 dl BA to the new phone, then run BA and it will restore your contacts to the NEW phone
    TheMopedwhiz aka TheeWizard, a member of the Verizon Wireless Customer Council

Phones
    Samsung Rogue
    Orange Boulder
    Env, V325
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    backup assistant works wonders...im so glad its working again....
    Computer

Cell Phone w/USB

Boulder Ringtones