Thread: IMEI subsidy password generator

Phone
    v620
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

IMEI subsidy password generator

I have a Motorola v60i from Fido that I want to use with a Rogers SIM.

These phones can be unlocked using the IMEI and generating a subsidy code. Yes, I know hundreds of people are running unlocking services -- what I want to know is how those people are generating the subsidy code; especially if all they need is the IMEI.

Anybody who knows is keeping quiet, because there's no information out there about how those passwords are generated (I've been looking for hours -- apart from some broken P2K software, I've found nothing).

So, if there is anyone out there who knows and is willing to share in the spirit of co-operation, especially to keep an old phone from ending up on the trash heap, I'd be most grateful.

If you're a reseller looking to push unlocking services, don't bother replying.

Thanks!

Phone
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    And mods please don't close this thread I dunno if you'd find it inappropriate or not but he poses an interesting question I was also dying to know the answer to.

Phone
    There is not enough space here to list them all!
    Carrier
    Tmobile, FreedomPop, and TextNow
    Feedback Score
    i wanna know too - someone has got to have an inside source - people generating those subsidy codes are robbing those of us that just want to unlock our phones!

Feedback Score
    theres probably an algorithm. the people who have it would never share, its a large source of income for them

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Motorola PEBL
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had an AT&T V9 that I had purchased and tried to obtain the subsidy code to sell it as an unlocked phone. I tried two vendors and neither could find the code. The way I understood it was that they were subscribed to some kind of service that let them search databases of some sort. I doubt its completely correct, but its the only way I could make sense of how they couldn't find the code for my phone.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    V60i GSM
    Motorola Q GSM
    Carrier
    At&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    One way or another they have access to either A) Manufacturer Database B) Carrier's DB, or C) an Algorithim for the phone manufacturer.
    Bold: Data, Text
    V60i (Hell yeah I rock vintage phones!): Voice Only

Next on the list: The next Blackberry?

Steve Jobs is a price fixin', money grubbin' ***hat. I wish I could be that capitalist.
    The iPad is an overpriced iPod touch with the giant screen feature
    How'd That Go?

Phones
    Motorola Va76r
    Motorola Rokr E8
    Carrier
    Cingular *New At&t*
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu21
    One way or another they have access to either A) Manufacturer Database B) Carrier's DB, or C) an Algorithim for the phone manufacturer.
    Basiclly, and im leaning towards Algorithim....I can't imagine having legal access to a carrier DB..unless there was kickback....which is possible.

Interesting thread though, would love to see more information
    R.I.P. HTC 8925, you were too good for this world

Feedback Score
    i have a z3 that i flashed recently because there was no web access and now it is requesting a subsidy code. can anyone help me the phone was originally t-mobile branded.

Feedback Score
    interesting topic! I also curious!

Phones
    HTC One X
    HTC One X
    Fujitsu Arrows Z ISW11F
    Carriers
    AU by KDDI
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I remember reading somewhere, perhaps it was Wikipedia, perhaps other websites, that there's a few different methods that depend on the carrier and the manufacturer.

Some manufacturers use algorithms, and license these to unlockers and carriers so they can get the IMEI codes. Others have a straight up database IMEI->code, which they also license to unlockers and carriers.

Some carriers have a database too (whether the manufacturer used an algorithm or not, although there's GOTTA be some algorithm to create the code initially, I doubt anybody wants to manually do it lol) of their phones and the subsidy codes.

Now if only I could find those sources and fill some gaps I surely missed...

Patrix.

Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zarraza
    i wanna know too - someone has got to have an inside source - people generating those subsidy codes are robbing those of us that just want to unlock our phones!
    lol the insider people who get the codes from the servers are the one making money why would they give it for free if they can make a quick change outta it. If you need your phone Unlocked Via IMEI just let me know i have some connnections as well.

and only the OLD nokia and a few old phones are cracked which can be generated by code and there are calcualter the new BB5 phones are impossible dont even try you walill hardlock your phone.

Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by denize
    i have a z3 that i flashed recently because there was no web access and now it is requesting a subsidy code. can anyone help me the phone was originally t-mobile branded.
    what firmware did you flash it to, it seems like you flashed it with a branded firmware if it was an unbranded firmware and your phone was initally unlocked before it wouldnt ask for subsidy code.

Phones
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X1|HTC Fuze
    Too much more to mention...
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    To the OP:

Today I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING...I want to unlock my $20 motorola, but don't want to spend a whole 'nother $20 just to unlock. I've never understood how all those companies can charge from $20-40 to unlock a phone...
    1000 posts 08/15/07 @ 12:02am / 2K posts 05/22/08 @ 10:47pm
    Sony Ericsson K850i speedtest

Phones
    RORK E8
    Nokia 6133 (gone)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i think t-mobile licenses their unlock codes to other companies, since once i called them to get my phone unlocked (they wouldn't since i'm a prepaid customer and hadn't refilled within 30 days) and the guy told me a place online that i could go to get an unlock code -- BUT i would have to pay $20.

Phones
    Nokia E72 / Motorola Milestone
    I9000M, Desire, V9x
    KRZR K1, V9 Euro, V9, V8...
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's gotta be program based as well, a shop not too far away from me used to unlock them easily but disappeared overnight...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast