Thread: very frequent texter... treo to mogul

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus x 2 lines
    Feedback Score

very frequent texter... treo to mogul

I had wanted something with a thumb keyboard originally, but I didnt want to give up my beloved nokia. I hate palm OS with a passion, so treos were out of the question, until a friend of mine, who loves palm, got a 700w, hated the windows mobile, and gave it to me.

With threaded SMS installed, i LOVE this treo, although now, i'm seriously looking at a 6800. Someone I've been hanging out with has a mogul, and i was playing with it, and I think its mostly tolorable... and when she went to sleep, i installed threaded sms on it... lol

The biggest worry i have is the actual texting. Now, i can do it with one hand, usually not even looking at the keys, although sometimes i spell stuff funny.
    My biggest concern is not being able to text one handed well with the slide out keyboard... Although this could be an advantage, as it would discouraging me texting when I shouldnt... for example, driving... or texting while trying to dispatch an ambulance somewhere, or under the table when on a date...

I want to hear from anyone who went from a treo to a mogul, tell me about your experiances
    Disclaimer: If this is an answer to a TECHNICAL QUESTION, then MY ANSWER is correct, even if its contradicting something that a tech support rep, or anyone else said. I am not giving you the answer YOU WANT, I'll give you the answer I know is CORRECT.
    If this is about CARRIER POLICY, then you should probably be aware that carriers change their policy unexpectedly, and inexplicably. Even if the answer is correct when posted, it could very well be wrong in a day, or week.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus x 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    PS. Any CDMA phone works. I'm on cricket.

PPS. I average 1400 OUTGOING texts per month.

Device(s)
    Sprint HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Well I switched from dumb phones, most of them with T9, to a P4350 (like the Wing in your sig). It drove me nuts having to slide out the keyboard to send a text. I found it really annoying. That phone broke so I switched to a Nokia N95. Me and the keypad on the Nokia never jived and I found that I wasn't able to regain my speed that I had prior to a qwerty bar, found myself missing the keyboard too.

Now I am back in qwerty land with the Mogul, don't mind texting with the key anymore. Yes it's nearly impossible to type much of anything one handed, I have big hands and can pull it off sometimes by just typing with my thumb but it's really slow and you have to look at the keyboard a lot.

I always thought the palm keyboards seemed cramped. Only complaint about the Mogul I have is that compared to the P4350 they keyboard looks almost the same save for a few layout differences. Yet there is a subtle difference in the shape of the keys, the P4350's are more dome shaped then the Moguls, and I find it easier to type with them.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus x 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    thanks for your input. I do think the palm keys are crammed, so its usually one handed thumb typing on it.

With the wing, i've been two handing it all the time, usually with it on a flat surface.

not so fast for the texting, i've noticed. its mostly email (and mobile facebook)

Device(s)
    Incredible?
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would recommend that you wait until it is time for the Treo 800w comes out, buy a Mogul and if you do not like it trade it in for the 800w in 30 days or less. It is all a matter of personal preference and you really need to lay with both to get your opinion formed.