Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: 11 Digit Phone Number Calling

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0

    11 Digit Phone Number Calling

    I keep getting calls from this 11 digit phone number calling me: 5 093 849 1416
    It's freaking me out because it won't stop calling.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    6,172
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    perhaps international or some nefarious caller-id actions. Did you try answering?
    My Plan:
    Simple Choice Unlimited Talk + Text + Web
    Line 1: Unlimited 4G Data + 500 MB HotSpot
    Line 2: 2.5 GB 4G data/HotSpot

    ALIQVA LOCVTIO DEMENS LATINA IN TRANSVERSVM SCRIPTA

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Twice, it hung up right away.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    8,416
    Phones
    Moto G
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Moto G, Lumian 925
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    TelnaMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Check your activity online and see what the number looks like there.
    Donald Newcomb

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Shows up the same: 50938491416
    No dashes, nothing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    7,905
    Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntF50
    I keep getting calls from this 11 digit phone number calling me: 5 093 849 1416
    It's freaking me out because it won't stop calling.
    509 is the country code for Haiti.

    It could be a fake caller id, or it could be someone calling you from Haiti.

    Are you in a place like Florida which might have a lot of Haitians there? (hence a wrong number or a recycled number)
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    A hole in the ground.
    Posts
    1,638
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsmith59
    509 is the country code for Haiti.

    It could be a fake caller id, or it could be someone calling you from Haiti.

    Are you in a place like Florida which might have a lot of Haitians there? (hence a wrong number or a recycled number)

    Haiti uses a 7-digit number as well.

    So 50938491416 is actually an invalid number...
    VerizonWireless MiFi 2200 EVDO-RevA

    | My HoFo Feedback! | Flickr Account |

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    578
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Actually, I think it works out.

    (509) Country Code
    (3) Cellular Access Code
    (849-1416) Phone Number
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous1
    there are some codes that have words in them. For example, *#WORD#. How do I type in WORD? All I get is numbers...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBruha
    I don't know. Monkeys are one thing, but newbs?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    A hole in the ground.
    Posts
    1,638
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CLRana9017
    Actually, I think it works out.

    (509) Country Code
    (3) Cellular Access Code
    (849-1416) Phone Number

    I didn't think that held true in Haiti as they don't have city or mobile codes. Oh well, I've been wrong before.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    7,905
    Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketMac
    I didn't think that held true in Haiti as they don't have city or mobile codes. Oh well, I've been wrong before.
    Haiti calling info is really sketchy on google, but this site claims 330 and 4 are the "mobile codes" and 244 is the Port Au Prince code. So I assume numbers can be more than 7 digits longs or else Port Au Prince has less then 10,000 numbers.

    http://www.ldpost.com/countries/haiti-509

    Haiti may be one of those more old-fashioned countries where number length varies by city.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca.
    Posts
    948
    Phones
    Currently: Samsung Galaxy S - Vibrant
    Parents: Blackberry 8220 (Mom), Moto Milestone (Dad)
    Previous: Too Many to list...
    Carriers
    -T---Mobile (current)(2007-Present),
    At&t Wireless(2002-2004)
    Feedback Score
    0
    you know what's weird, I recieved this weird number called like maybe an hour ago and i didn't pick up the phone, but they left a msg which a msg i don't understand so i deleted it.

    +33950865282

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    7,905
    Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Petey07
    you know what's weird, I recieved this weird number called like maybe an hour ago and i didn't pick up the phone, but they left a msg which a msg i don't understand so i deleted it.

    +33950865282
    33 is France, so maybe the message was in French?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    also international call usually start with 011 then country code then phone number. Whenever i get calls from France, Germany and Singapore, and India they always started with 011. but then again it could be because all numbers were from business landlines (but it should be different)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca.
    Posts
    948
    Phones
    Currently: Samsung Galaxy S - Vibrant
    Parents: Blackberry 8220 (Mom), Moto Milestone (Dad)
    Previous: Too Many to list...
    Carriers
    -T---Mobile (current)(2007-Present),
    At&t Wireless(2002-2004)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsmith59
    33 is France, so maybe the message was in French?
    maybe it's in french or it could be some other language.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Beyond
    Posts
    2,281
    Phone
    myphone4S
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mandar123
    also international call usually start with 011 then country code then phone number. Whenever i get calls from France, Germany and Singapore, and India they always started with 011. but then again it could be because all numbers were from business landlines (but it should be different)

    I received a few calls from Europe that started with 612. That is Minneaplis I was like WTF?
    Caller ID can be screwed up sometimes. I'd call my coworker from a landline to Verizon and some weird 4 digits would show up on the caller ID.

Bookmarks