Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: HARD CABLE Sidekick LX unlock?

Device(s)
    Sidekick 3
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Funny how people here thinks it's totally impossible to have a fully unlocked SK3 or LX.
    It is possible i have one (SK3). Everything works except the catalog, with is undestandable since fido didnt released the device (so no point to have a SK3 catalogue runing). Now i don't know if mine was Hardcable unlocked but all i can say is that it works and im one of the few in Montreal who has one.

Feedback Score
    or you can buy it from ebay for $30...

Device(s)
    Sidekick LX
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Yagami-Light
    Funny how people here thinks it's totally impossible to have a fully unlocked SK3 or LX.
    It is possible i have one (SK3). Everything works except the catalog, with is undestandable since fido didnt released the device (so no point to have a SK3 catalogue runing). Now i don't know if mine was Hardcable unlocked but all i can say is that it works and im one of the few in Montreal who has one.

I guess I should have specified "here in the states"
    Team Blue

Device(s)
    T-Mobile - OOC
    Carrier(s)
    at&t 450 - Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    Shouldn't really use your cellphone as a basis of bragging. :/ especially a sidekick lol.
    Rev. A with WMWifiRouter

Previous Phones:
    Sidekick Slide #2, iPhone #4, at&t Quickfire, Upstage, BB 8320, BB 8310,Sprint Mogul, SK LX Blue, iPhone #3, SK LX Brown, 755p, iPhone 8GB, Moto q9c, SK Slide, iPhone 4GB, Sk iD, SK 3, BB Pearl, MDA, Razr Black, Razr Silver, MPx220, SK 2, v398, v501, v600, v460, Samsung e105, Nokia 3650, Nokia 6010, Siemens A56, Nokia 3590, Nokia 3390

Plus a bunch of Blackberry backups.

Device(s)
    Sidekick LX
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xburnerx
    Shouldn't really use your cellphone as a basis of bragging. :/ especially a sidekick lol.
    Hey, I don't appreciate that. As we all know, the Sidekick is THE best phone on the market. I mean, don't you guys think it's so badass that we can finally make our own ringtones and watch video? oh wait...

Device(s)
    T-Mobile - OOC
    Carrier(s)
    at&t 450 - Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    I was referring to yagamis statement, but I did catch your sarcasm.

Device(s)
    Sidekick 3
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    xburnerx
    My my goal by posting wasn't to brag at all, if you're reffering to this satatement:
    ''all i can say is that it works and im one of the few in Montreal who has one.''
    It was to let people know that it is indeed possible to have it working on the Fido network.

PS: I know sk's are not the best phones out there lol

Feedback Score

kk so can you send me the website or whatever that you unlocked your sidekick off of? something like $30-50 is good...

Device(s)
    HTC G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So can I add ringtones? J/K

I can't believe after all this time there still isn't a way to get ringtones. That is the only thing I hate about it. The catalog of ringtones sux and it is never the part of the song I want.

blargh!

Device(s)
    Samsung galaxy s4
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by darkgoddess51
    Hey, I don't appreciate that. As we all know, the Sidekick is THE best phone on the market. I mean, don't you guys think it's so badass that we can finally make our own ringtones and watch video? oh wait...
    yea sure thats why i dumped it for an iphone after using them for 4 years, maybe now that microsoft is going to run things they might make it easy to get sidekicks unlocked. the canadians will do whatever it takes to get unlock the "hiptop" but its not really the phone that you can benefit from even when your in the states.

Device(s)
    Sidekick LX
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by reas0n555
    yea sure thats why i dumped it for an iphone after using them for 4 years, maybe now that microsoft is going to run things they might make it easy to get sidekicks unlocked. the canadians will do whatever it takes to get unlock the "hiptop" but its not really the phone that you can benefit from even when your in the states.
    Lol that's opposite ends of the spectrum! How in the world was your transition from typing on a keyboard to typing on a screen? I mean, I love my touch, but there's NO WAY I could use an Iphone full time.

And as for unlocking the sidekick- I don't necessarily think it should be capable of being unlocked; It just needs to be brought up-to-date and (almost)everyone would be happy.

Feedback Score

help

yo i was wondering if your internet still working man if yes what kind of internet settings u have cause i have a sklx unlocked with fido and the internet it's not working

thanks

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900 (Fido)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjoel51
    yo i was wondering if your internet still working man if yes what kind of internet settings u have cause i have a sklx unlocked with fido and the internet it's not working

thanks
    Must have the $20/month Hiptop unlimited data plan.

It's grandfathered, so if you do not already have it you're out of luck.

Solearius

Device(s)
    Samsung galaxy s4
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by darkgoddess51
    Lol that's opposite ends of the spectrum! How in the world was your transition from typing on a keyboard to typing on a screen? I mean, I love my touch, but there's NO WAY I could use an Iphone full time.

And as for unlocking the sidekick- I don't necessarily think it should be capable of being unlocked; It just needs to be brought up-to-date and (almost)everyone would be happy.
    nope after 4 years and seeing a very slow progress if any im done with sidekicks the same old tired catalog c'mon what kind of app is dating bootcamp or flirting 101 its for 13 year old girls. as for typing on a screen im ok with that. they expect people to pay for those apps lol ive seen enough and had about enough... great aim though. servers suck there down a bit too often, i even had 3 of my sidekicks keyed out and the apps i was getting were still under par. to each his/her own.

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hrm Im thinking of grabbing an unlocked LX since my S620 broke. Only downside as everyone says is no Data which I don't use a lot anyways so Im not worried, but what about MMS... same thing Im assuming? (since it is technically data)

Also, you can't bluetooth over or throw some ringtones on a memory card and use them on the LX?

Thanks
    HoFo
    eBay

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast