Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: HARD CABLE Sidekick LX unlock?

Feedback Score

sidekick fido

Quote Originally Posted by Solearius
    Must have the $20/month Hiptop unlimited data plan.

It's grandfathered, so if you do not already have it you're out of luck.

Solearius
    i don't get it how come it's grandfathered ? and why am i out of luck ?

Device(s)
    T-Mobile - OOC
    Carrier(s)
    at&t 450 - Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    on tmobile you can send an mms with no data connection, dunno about yon fido. as for your last questions.....no. ringtones is to catalog as understanding is to unbound.
    Rev. A with WMWifiRouter

Previous Phones:
    Sidekick Slide #2, iPhone #4, at&t Quickfire, Upstage, BB 8320, BB 8310,Sprint Mogul, SK LX Blue, iPhone #3, SK LX Brown, 755p, iPhone 8GB, Moto q9c, SK Slide, iPhone 4GB, Sk iD, SK 3, BB Pearl, MDA, Razr Black, Razr Silver, MPx220, SK 2, v398, v501, v600, v460, Samsung e105, Nokia 3650, Nokia 6010, Siemens A56, Nokia 3590, Nokia 3390

Plus a bunch of Blackberry backups.

Device(s)
    Sidekick Slide
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    i have an unlocked sidekick slide, and it pretty much only works for calls and txts. i still have to mess around with my voicemail cause for some reason it wont connect right to it, and when i try and save my voicemail number in the phone, it doesent. and im trying to connect to edge, i called rogers and they gave me the APN
    APN: internet.com
    username: wapuser1
    pswrd: wap

and it searches and searches but never connects... whatever i only wanted txt and calls anyways, the internet would be nice... and i can check voicemail from other phones, and somehow on my sidekick i just need to mess with it.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900 (Fido)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjoel51
    i don't get it how come it's grandfathered ? and why am i out of luck ?
    Because Fido stopped offered the $20/month UNLIMITED HIPTOP DATA plan as of February 29, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by finny18
    i have an unlocked sidekick slide, and it pretty much only works for calls and txts. i still have to mess around with my voicemail cause for some reason it wont connect right to it, and when i try and save my voicemail number in the phone, it doesent. and im trying to connect to edge, i called rogers and they gave me the APN
    APN: internet.com
    username: wapuser1
    pswrd: wap

and it searches and searches but never connects... whatever i only wanted txt and calls anyways, the internet would be nice... and i can check voicemail from other phones, and somehow on my sidekick i just need to mess with it.
    Your SLIDE will only work for PHONE & SMS. You will never get data working on Rogers.

Feedback Score

Sidekick LX Unlocked

Whoever says you can not unlock the sidekick lx is wrong. I have a sidekick lx unlocked for at&t and I can use the web browser. Sometimes you get lucky with the internet thing. If it is hard cable unlocked you get texting and the phone at all times and I am 100% sure of that.

Device(s)
    TREO 680
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Agreed, even with proper code unlock, you will get phone and text 100% of the time.
    Regards,
    Global Unlock
    Global Unlock
    Accredited by the Better Business Bureau
    Howard Forum Sponsor since 2004

Device(s)
    Sharp 903SH
    Carrier(s)
    DiGi
    Feedback Score
    how can we get this proper codes to unlock?
    Yo Watz'Up!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900 (Fido)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CCA78
    Whoever says you can not unlock the sidekick lx is wrong. I have a sidekick lx unlocked for at&t and I can use the web browser. Sometimes you get lucky with the internet thing. If it is hard cable unlocked you get texting and the phone at all times and I am 100% sure of that.
    No you can't.

Device(s)
    phone jumper
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i'm still working on it, but the way i figure it...if he had it working, he'd post up how to do it.

Device(s)
    Sharp 903SH
    Carrier(s)
    DiGi
    Feedback Score
    I got an unlocked SK LX... only calls and text only.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900 (Fido)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kichoufumetsu
    i'm still working on it, but the way i figure it...if he had it working, he'd post up how to do it.
    Working on what?

Device(s)
    phone jumper
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagami-Light
    Funny how people here thinks it's totally impossible to have a fully unlocked SK3 or LX.
    It is possible i have one (SK3). Everything works except the catalog, with is undestandable since fido didnt released the device (so no point to have a SK3 catalogue runing). Now i don't know if mine was Hardcable unlocked but all i can say is that it works and im one of the few in Montreal who has one.

lol...sorry, just got to the boards...guess that was posted a while ago, haha...i'm thinking about buying a sk3 from a friend of mine and i'm thinking about buying it...i've got it unlocked for phone and sms, but i cannot find anything, ANYWHERE about how to do the web. as far as i can tell, since the phone is dedicated to the danger network, suposedly, that is what the "special code" is for...however obtaining that special code is a pain in the rear. you have to unlock the phone and put in that code in a specific order for it to all work, as far as i've read. but T-mobile is now contracted to not give it out by danger(you have to hope for a rep that doesn't know that), and danger i haven't been able to get ahold of, but i'm figureing they'll say the same thing, that they cannot give out that code.

Device(s)
    Sidekick LX
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I find it so funny that there is a huge post talking about how we WILL NOT talk about UNLOCKING SIDEKICKS and yet here is another one. When will people learn...? Get it through your thick skulls people. You can unlock the SK but data will not always be functional..I don't know how much more clear people can make it. No matter how many times your keep asking the answer will not change. lol. if you ask another million times, the answer still wont change. I think this post should just be erased...

Device(s)
    TREO 680
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    smurfturf21, you are sooo right

Lets try this

English:
    Yes, you can unlock a sidekick for voice and text, the data does not always work.

Chinese:"
    是,您能打开声音的一个伙伴,并且文本,数据总是不运作。

Dutch:
    Ja, **** u een sidekick voor stem openen en de tekst, de gegevens werkt niet altijd.

French:
    Oui, vous pouvez ouvrir un associé pour la voix et le texte, les données ne fonctionne pas toujours.

German:
    Ja können Sie einen Handlanger für Stimme entriegeln und Text, die Daten nicht immer arbeitet.

Greek:
    Ναι, μπορείτε να ξεκλειδώσετε ένα sidekick για τη φωνή και το κείμενο, τα στοιχεία όχι πάντα λειτουργεί.

Italian:
    Sì, potete sbloccare un assistente per la voce ed il testo, i dati non funziona sempre.

Japenese:
    はい、声のための仲間の鍵を開けることができ、テキストは、データ常に働かない。

Korean
    그렇습니다, 당신은 음성을 위한 친구를 자물쇠로 열 수 있고 원본은, 자료 항상 작동하지 않는다.

Spanish
    Sí, usted puede abrir un compinche para la voz y el texto, los datos no trabaja siempre.

If you do not get it now that only voice and text can be unlocked, not data. Then there is helping anyone

Thanks,
    Mukul
    Global Unlock
    www.globalunlock.com

Device(s)
    Sharp 903SH
    Carrier(s)
    DiGi
    Feedback Score
    my LX is unlock and using a non T-Mobile sim, and I'm still gettin the update OTA.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast