Thread: Delete all contacts?

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Feedback Score

Delete all contacts?

I have an old v325 that I'm giving to a friend. I want to delete all my contacts, all at once, before giving it to him. However, I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I tried Menu>Tools>Initial Setup>Master Reset (code:000000) and it cleared all the *settings* but not the contact data.

Any help would be appreciated; I searched around and couldn't find the answer.

Thanks!

Phones
    Treo 700P
    Motorola KRZR K1m
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is from a 9/07 archive.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmk1974
    I am looking to sell my Verizon KRZR K1m and I can't find where or how to do a master clear or reset to the factory defaults. Can someone point me to the right menu or hidden menu? Thanks!

Reply:

If running verizon flash:

You either need to use software such as radiocomm or you can do this from the phone...

Goto opcode screen:
    Enter: CLR, 0, 4, 8, 2, 6, 3, * (Note: Must be done quickly.) Seems especially true with this sequence, more so then entering debug mode.

From the opcode screen:
    Enter 18* and click center radial button on phone. Then enter 0 and click on center radial button.
    -wait and it will say success after a short time.
    Enter 18* and click center radial button on phone. Then enter 1 and click on center radial button.
    -wait and it will say success after a short time.

It may or may not reboot after entering commands.

Exit out. Contacts, Pix & Flix, Called #’s, etc should all be deleted…

I believe that:
    18* enter, 0 enter – does master reset.
    18* enter, 1 enter – does master clear.

WARNING: There are other #’s that can be entered…but I think you can really BREAK/BRICK your phone in there quite easily…

Phones
    Treo 700P
    Motorola KRZR K1m
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sorry - I missed that you were talking about the V325 - I had the k1M on my mind I quess. I don't know if the V325 uses opcode.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I can't remember exactly, but it has to do with Mark All. Go to Contacts/ Options, you'll find it in there. Once you mark all you can copy to sim card, or delete.

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Feedback Score
    VMPG: I followed the opcode instructions and after rebooting it seemed to work. Although I'm surprised that after doing both a master clear and a master reset, it still has my phone number stored in it. Oh well.

cokeman73: This is a verizon phone, I don't think your suggestion applies.

Phones
    Samsung i607
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Huh, Master Clear didn't erase them? Have you tried to go to contacts and menu and see if there's a delete all contact option? Sorry, don't have this phone but some phones give you this option.

Phone
    LG enV2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My phone is a Razr V3c. I erased all my contacts in one swoop by using Moto Phone Tools.
    More Tacos!