Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Audio Test Clips

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    I don't have any concrete plans; I only "test" what I end up buying to try for myself.

On the horizon, I do hope to try the next Jawbone to see if it fits better for me (and sounds better, incoming) as well as the Joby Zivio. Whenever, that is, they are released!
    Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.

Device(s)
    Toshiba G810
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    ic... guess there probably won't be any updates for a bit...

Looks like it's time for me to decide whether to grab the Z9 vs wait for the SoundID HD300 or Jawbone2.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Always accepting donated "tester" units! Or, if/when I dig up some long-forgotten audio accessory! I know I've got a box full...

Device(s)
    Motorola SLVR L7
    Carrier(s)
    CSL One2Free
    Feedback Score

etyBLU vs TheBoom

Quote Originally Posted by WirelessAndy
    The etyBLU bluetooth headset has been added.

WirelessAndy's Audio Test Page

Added today (4/24/08):
    etyBLU bluetooth headset
    "Special Tests" section added
    I wish I had seen your test clips before I bought the etyBLU. I agree the boom mic will not stay aligned near your mouth if you are walking or moving, much less if you are on a treadmill! I have less of a problem with the earbud in my ear canal but I did have a problem with finding the connect/disconnect button because it is flush with the headset shell, and needed a firm push each time. Your test clips show that the etyBLU is much better in a windy situation with the windsock on - which at the moment I am not using!!

Your test clips show that TheBoom headset is the clear winner and, like others have said, I wish they made a bluetooth version. In your opinion, for a person who would be walking a great deal and riding buses and subway trains rather than sitting and driving a car, which model of theBoom would you recommend as being the best without having the boom microphone flopping about. In Hong Kong the weather gets hot and very humid so there would be perspiration which means most bluetooth headsets slip about a little in your ear - and if they have boom microphones like the etyBLU and TheBoom this would make them more prone to slipping.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    cornwall,

Well that's one test I didn't try: The treadmill test! That's a good point: For those of you who use bluetooth headsets while physically moving (I tend to speak only when seated or while driving) the ability for a headset to be stable is a big deal.

The "theBoom" is by far, in my opinion, the best non-electronic noise-reducing performer that's also comfortable. But some may not like the overall mass and the cord. When I custom ordered my "E" style headset, I asked: Why no bluetooth?

The engineer told me that they feel they're not totally comfortable with implementing bluetooth since it's a weak link in the quality chain. The performance of a wired cord is more predictable vs. over-the-air transmission of audio via bluetooth. No pairing issues, no dropouts, no static with a wired cord. Of course, there is the fact that you're not truly cord-free!

Welcome to the HowardForums, cornwall2m!

Device(s)
    Motorola SLVR L7
    Carrier(s)
    CSL One2Free
    Feedback Score

TheBoom Vs. etyBlu

Thanks for your comment. I just need a good headset linked to my cellphone when I am out in the street, in a store, or on a bus, that when I receive a call, I can respond and the caller can hear me clearly. At the moment with my etyBlu and Plantronics Voyager 510, that is not possible unless, as you found in your test clip of the etyBlu, you manually push the boom mike closer to your mouth. With the Voyager 510 that does not work because the boom mike is too short.

Its bad enough that you look like a tele-marketer who forgot to remove his headset when he left his office to go outside !! Did you find theBoom headsets uncomfortable or heavy if you wear them for (say) four hours continuously, and which model was the lightest and most comfortable.

Thanks, cornwall2m.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Actually, many of us on this bluetooth forum have found the Plantronics 510 to be the best overall performer for incoming audio (loud and clear) and outgoing audio, thanks largely in part to the big boom mic, which puts the mic close to your mouth (always better).

For more information on TheBoom, visit their website. There are several styles to choose from. Comfort is up to you and very individual.

http://www.theboom.com/

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Audio test clips are down for now.

Will update soon.

edit: Fixed 8/17/08
    Last edited by WirelessAndy; 08-17-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Feedback Score
    Hi there! I totally agree that reviews should have audio test clips on them as well. We've been trying to get them on all the products on our site and we're about halfway there. We've tested each headset in three locations, a quiet office, walking down a busy street and driving in the car with the windows down. You can really hear the difference!

Check them out if you are interested. I'll just link you to the Voyager 925 page. The Audio tests are towards the bottom and feel free to look around at some of the other headsets we've tested as well!

Discovery 925 Bluetooth Headset Audio Test

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Here's a page I made with a few tests of BT headsets:

https://home.comcast.net/~dmk1974/fi...othTesting.htm

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If anyone was thinking of getting theboom, give them a call now. They have a holiday sale running till the 18th.

Device(s)
    nokia e71
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

San Fransisco

i've heard that the jawbone requires good contact w/ the user's face, and that those of us w/ a beard might not get good results. does anyone have first-hand experience with this?

i need a headset for talking w/ patients when i'm on call (i'm a primary care doc and talk to my patients a lot) and some of them are elderly and need an intelligible voice. i'm often in my car or out in public when talking w/ them. also, after decades of working at rock concerts myself, i need a good, loud and clear incoming voice.

i've been using a bluespoon ax2 w/ my nokia e71. it worked ok until i dropped it onto a concrete floor.

i noticed the jawbone 2 w/ noise assassin @ costco today - and one of my patients (who's clean shaven) was raving about his. if it weren't for the possible beard issue, i might get it. . .
    Last edited by docflash; 02-01-2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: incomplete
    "i don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top." --anon.
    see http://www.docflash.com/quotes.html for more

flash gordon md / [email protected] / www.docflash.com
    CEO, Ross Valley Medical Corporation
    1300 S. Eliseo Dr., STE 200, Greenbrae, CA 94904
    vox 415.461.2262 / fax 415.461.9376
    For info on my newest book, Blood, Sweat & 2nd Gear: More Medicine for Motorcyclists
    see http://snipurl.com/fg-bs2g or amazon.com

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    doc,

The Jawbone works wonderfully if you can get a good mechanical fit against your face. The facial hair is merely another variable. I PERSONALLY prefer non-mechanical methods of increasing intelligibility.

At the moment, I recommend the Plantronics headsets with AudioIQ2, such as the Pro or 975.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

by beard do you mean a few days growth or full blown zztop?
    my JB1 is not adversly affected by my 2 week growth after I get it in place. unless you are in airport type noise the JB is overkill and the Plantonics Pro,925,975 give a MUCH better incoming volume and you dont have to fit it " just right",clean shaven or not,for its noise reduction to more than suffice in normal to semi extreme conditions. rocks say " that dude is deafer than me" about my dad and he hears me fine on my Pro,925 and Jabra 8010 but thats it. my JB,and all others I own he gets flustered and gets off the phone unless I go to handset,which is not always practical so I use the 8010 or Pro when I call him. because its slightly bassy he hears me better on my 8010 than my handset.
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4limbs View Post
    Here's a recording of my HBH-300. I think it's still one of the best sounding headsets you can get. The long pause in the middle is me hoping I didn't get snagged by the cops!
    4limbs, I have just heard your this recording and I just want to say that I really like that too much. The thing that I want to say that I have listen that here only for the first time. I really appreciating to you for sharing this here with us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast