Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: P905i Guide

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G [S] 16GB White (OS 3.12)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score

P905i Guide

I've seen SH905i Guide and so I thought "why not P905i guide?" So here it is. Due to the nature of this forum not allowing users to edit their post after 2 hours, I will have to keep posting newer posts to tag on new information.

This means please try not to create discussions in here and post only new tweaks that you've discovered or learned while reading the manual / from other forums or sites so I can post update and keep this thread clean.

FAQ:

Please note: This FAQ is created solely for reference and are subjected to changes and mistakes. If you find a mistake in this guide kindly reference where the mistake is and what the correction should be.

Common FAQs
    How do I check what my own number is?
    Key Combo: Menu -> 0

How do I quickly pop out the calculator app?
    Key Combo: Menu -> 8 -> 5

I've made a really big mistake and screwed up my entire phone, how do I reset it back to its default settings?
    (CAUTION: THIS WILL WIPE ALL OF YOUR CURRENT SETTINGS + ALL PRE-INSTALLED THEMES AND GAMES)
    Key Combo: Menu -> 2 -> 3

What is melody linkage?
    Melody linkage means the phone will light up or vibrate based on the melody being played (your ring tone) depending on what you are currently trying to set.

What is quick silent and how do I use it?
    Quick silent is a feature where it will stop your phone from 1)ringing 2)vibrating. This is not affected by the fact that manner mode is active or not. To activate quick silent, press the up arrow key on the side of your phone. You can also set quick silent to activate when you flip open your phone (see Incoming call options).

How do I open up my phone book during a call?
    I've been stuck in 2 situations now where I want to load up my phone book during a call but not knowing the steps to approach this. Lucky you, the instructions below will teach you how to do just that.

During a call, press multi -> menu or the circle button -> down (square pad) -> circle button

How do I turn on/off speaker phone?
    During a call, press the "send" button (as if making a call). You should see a speaker icon on your screen. To turn off, press the send button again.

What are the restrictions for album art on P905i?
    Album art must not exceed 27kb and file format must be in JPG/JPEG.

If I wanted to make wallpapers for my phone what should be the size of my wallpaper? (credits to yamagatacamille for the info)
    480 x 854px

Language settings
    How do I change the phone from Japanese to English?
    Key Combos: Menu -> 1 -> 5 -> 2

Clock settings
    How to setup my clock manually?
    Key Combos: Menu -> Settings -> Clock -> 1 -> 2

What is summer time?
    Summer time is basically the Japanese way of saying Daylight Savings Time. This only affects countries that are affected by DST changes (eg: Canada, US maybe?)

How do I make the clock only show my current time (without Japan time)?

This has been a real mystery for a while to Docomo users, but it's no longer a secret! The key to make Japan time disappear is to make it believe that you're in Japan! All you have to do is set the clock manually (see above) but set your time zone to Japan (+9 GMT) and vola! Japan time gone.

Illumination
    Key combo: Menu -> Settings -> 3

What is Illumination?
    Defines the way your P905i will light up during different situations (eg: charging battery, on a voice call, missed a call, receiving a call, making a call.etc)

How do I set Illumination Color and Pattern?
    Key combo: Menu -> Settings -> 3 -> 2

Depending on whether you are setting color or pattern you will choose the corresponding option at that screen.

Setting color:
    You would choose Phone or MessageR since you can't do anything else anyways. That will dictate how the color and style of your circle light on the cover of your phone will light up.

Setting Pattern:
    Standard - Lights will blink by the way the lighting is set via Setting color (see above)

Melody Linkage - Follows the rhythm of your current ringtone or music played upon triggering an event.

How do I set the way my light illuminates during voice call?
    Key combo: Menu -> Settings -> 3 -> 3

How do I turn on illumination when I've missed a call or have an unread message?
    Key combo: Menu -> Settings -> 3 -> 4 -> 1

How do I turn on illumination when I close my phone?
    Key combo: Menu -> Settings -> 3 -> 6 -> 1

How do I turn on hourly illumination?
    Key combo: Menu -> Settings -> 3 -> 7 -> 1

How do I turn on Bluetooth illumination?
    Key combo: Menu -> Settings -> 3 -> 9 -> 1

Lock/Security
    Key Combo: Menu -> Settings -> 5

What is the default security code?
    If you have never touched the security code and it suddenly asks you, just enter "0000". That is your default security code.

How do I change security code?
    Key Combo: Menu -> Settings -> 5 -> 0

Enter your current security code. You will be prompted with a new screen asking for a new security code. Press "yes" after to confirm your new code.

What does Lock All do and how do I turn it on?
    It locks EVERYTHING (like it says)! This prevents unauthorized use of your phone until you enter the correct security code.

Activate lock all: Key combo: Menu -> Setting -> 5 -> 2
    punch in your security code and the lock will begin

How do I turn off All Lock?
    just type in your security code and push the middle circle button on your phone.

How do I customize what callers I should allow to reach me?
    Key Combo: Menu -> Settings -> 5 -> 9

First enter your security number to reach the lock setting screen.

Unavailable: The caller has blocked his/her ID from being displayed
    PublicPhone: The caller is calling from a local phone booth
    User unset: The caller is using calling id settings determined by the network settings.

Set these settings to your liking to help prevent telemarketers!

How do I set a timer lock on my phone so after X minutes it will automatically apply "Personal data lock"?

scroll down so that you reach Lock/Security page 2/2 and press 1 or the circle center button. Then choose 1 again.

How do I set face reader setting?

scroll down so that you reach Lock/Security page 2/2 and press 1 or the circle center button. Then choose 2.

You will be prompted by a security code input screen. Once you pass the input screen, you will be required to take 3 pictures of yourself so they can get a good sample for face recognition.

Incoming Call settings
    Key Combo: Menu -> settings -> 8

What is Vibrator?
    This defines the style in which the phone vibrates in the event of an incoming call.

How do I set vibrator?
    Key Combo: Menu -> settings -> 8 -> 1 -> 1
    There will be a few vibration options for you to choose as well as melody linkage (see "what is melody linkage" under common FAQ for details).

How do I set vibrator for receiving SMS?
    Key Combo: Menu -> settings -> 8 -> 1 -> 4
    Same as above, they have a few vibration options with melody linkage (see "what is melody linkage" under common FAQ for details).

What is Manner Mode?
    Manner Mode in North American phones would be equivalent to "silent mode". The phone will only vibrate upon receiving incoming calls or an sms.

What is the shortcut key to activating Manner Mode?
    on standby screen, press and hold down "#" key for 1-2 seconds.

What Manner Mode settings are available?
    Manner Mode, Super Silent. The difference between the two is that Super Silent mode turns off Voice Mail Tone and confirmation tone for checking missed calls and new mail

How do I set answer setting?
    Answer setting allows you to set special ways of answering your phone. There are 3 options:

Any Key answer: pressing any key (except for end key) will allow you to answer the phone call
    Quick Silent:
    In this case, the phone will stop ringing and vibrating (see above (common faqs) for description of quick silent).
    Off: Clear all answer settings

How can I set my phone so it plays my ringtone after ringing for X seconds?
    Key Combo: Menu -> settings -> 8 -> 8 -> 1
    Set the number of seconds it should ring before playing your ring tone from 01 - 99. Please note: this setting does not apply to people who are in your phonebook

How do I turn on/off displaying missed calls?
    Key Combo: Menu -> settings -> 8 -> 8 -> 2
    Push 1 again to display. Push 2 to set it not display. Missed calls will be displayed on your standby mode screen. To check for missed calls press the circle button in standby screen, select the phone with "miss" sign and press the circle button again.

Talk settings
    Key combo : Menu -> Settings -> 9

How do I adjust my talking volume?
    Key combo : Menu -> Settings -> 9 -> 1

How do I set hold tone
    Key combo : Menu -> Settings -> 9 -> 3 -> 2

What is Noise Reduction and how do I turn it on/off?
    Key combo : Menu -> Settings -> 9 -> 3 -> 4 -> x [x: 1: on, 2: off]

Noise reduction is Panasonic's noise canceling technology. It tries to reduce background noise and boost your voice for better clarity.

What is quality alarm and how do I turn it on/off?
    Key combo : Menu -> Settings -> 9 -> 3 -> 5 -> x [x: 1-off, 2-high tone, 3-low tone]
    Quality alarm is a feature where when the phone detects the signal is being reduced and predicts that you maybe cut off very soon, a tone will sound as a warning. (Please note: if quality of signal drops drastically, you may be cut off without getting this warning).

What is reconnect signal and how do I use it?
    Key combo : Menu -> Settings -> 9 -> 3 -> 6 -> x [x: 1-off, 2-high tone, 3-low tone]

Reconnect signal is when you've lost signal while talking on the phone and after a short duration regains signal, a tone will sound. (Please note: air time charges still apply from the moment you regain signal to the moment you are completely reconnected with the caller on the other end)

Network settings
    Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3

What are prefix numbers and how can I make use of it?
    Prefix numbers basically are user defined set of numbers which are mainly used to assist you with dialing long distance calls. You can store up to 7 prefix numbers. The use to this is the fact that you can tag on those prefix numbers to any contact you wish to add to. This is convenient so you won't have to literally enter those numbers for all of your friends in another country.

Where can I set/edit my prefix numbers?
    Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 1
    Select an empty slot or one that wish to replace. and press the mail button

How do I delete my prefix numbers?
    select the i-mode button -> x [x: 2 - delete the current selection, 3 - delete all prefix numbers]

How can I configure the way my phone searches for network?
    Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> x [x: 1- Auto, 2-Manual, 3-Network re-search (use 3 only if you are using manual mode)]

You can manually select your provider or set your phone to automatic mode (automatic does me wonders so I would highly recommend it).

How do I turn on/off my carrier's name on my standby screen (aka. Alpha tag) ?
    Key Combo: Menu -> Settings -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 2-> 3 -> x [x: 1- on, 2- off]
    [Thanks to yamagatacamille for correction]

How do I select 3G/GSM mode settings?
    Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 2 -> 4 -> x [x: 1- Auto, 2- 3G only, 3- GSM/GPRS] (Please note: since some sims do not work with 3G yet and we know GPRS is not available to us, the only way to get GSM only is via Auto mode)

What is international call dial assistance and how do I turn it on/off?
    Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 2 -> 3 -> 1 -> x [x: 1-On, 2-Off]

International call dial assistance is not a paid service (which it may sound like). It is a feature on the phone where it helps put the +(country code) before a dialing the phone number for Long-D calls.

How do I set country code for long-D calls?
    Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 2 -> 3
    scroll to the country you wish to edit and press the mail button

Phonebook

How do I quickly access my phonebook?
    Option 1: press the down button (square pad)
    (please note: you may need to press it twice if you've gone to phonebook and selected a search feature other than "all")
    Option 2: Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 2 -> down button (square pad)

How do I transfer contacts from phone to sim or vice versa?
    Technically your phone should automatically import contacts that are on your sim when you plug in your sim and power on. This guide however, will teach you how to do it manually.

phone -> sim method :
    Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 1 -> 1 -> 1

Uh oh! It doesn't copy, it just shows a search screen, what do I do now? Relax, you can either do a search on a specific person or press down button (square button) again. You can now select who you want to copy over. Press mail button when you've finished.

1. I want to transfer all my contacts. How do I select all?
      press the i-mode button -> 3

Sim -> Phone method:
    Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 1 -> 2

The rest of the instructions are same as Phone -> Sim method.

Can I transfer my SMS over as well?
    Sure you can!

Sim -> Phone
    Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 1 -> 2 -> 2 -> x [x: 1-Inbox, 2-Outbox] -> y [y: 1-Inbox, 2-Received Message, 3-Forwarded Message, 4-Chat, 5-Trash box]

Phone -> Sim
    Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 1 -> 1 -> 2 -> x [x: 1-Inbox, 2-Outbox] -> y [y: 1-Inbox, 2-Received Message, 3-Forwarded Message, 4-Chat, 5-Trash box]

How do I delete Contacts and SMS from my phone/SIM?

1. Deleting SMS

Sim -> Phone
      Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 2 -> 2 -> 2 -> x [x: 1-Inbox, 2-Outbox] -> y [y: 1-Inbox, 2-Received Message, 3-Forwarded Message, 4-Chat, 5-Trash box]

Phone -> Sim
      Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 2 -> 1 -> 2 -> x [x: 1-Inbox, 2-Outbox] -> y [y: 1-Inbox, 2-Received Message, 3-Forwarded Message, 4-Chat, 5-Trash box]

2. Deleting Contacts

phone -> sim method :
      Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 2 -> 1 -> 1
      The rest of the instructions are the same as copying (see How do I transfer contacts from phone to sim or vice versa)

Sim -> Phone method:
      Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 2 -> 1
      The rest of the instructions are the same as copying (see How do I transfer contacts from phone to sim or vice versa)

What are the ways I can add a new number to a new or existing contact?
    Method 1: User calls you and leaves his/her user ID on your Received call list.
    All you have to do is press left (square button) -> scroll down to the caller you wish to add -> press i-mode button -> 8 -> 1 -> x [x: 1- New contact, 2- Existing contact]
    • What if I want to add it to my SIM as well?

In standby screen press left (square button) -> scroll down to the caller you wish to add -> press i-mode button -> 8 -> 1 -> x [x: 1- New contact, 2- Existing contact]

Method 2:
    begin dialing the number -> menu -> x [x: 1-phone, 2-sim] -> y [y:1- New Contact, 2- Existing contact]

Method 3: (attention: this method only allows you to add a new contact)
    key combo: menu -> phonebook -> 1 -> x [x: 1-phone, 2-sim]

How do I search by contact name in my phonebook?
    key combo: menu -> phonebook -> 2

• What if I want to search by memory, Reading, phone number, group, mail address, 2-touch dial, group or just view all?
      Key combo: CLR -> x [x: 1- View all, 2-Reading, 3-Group, 4-Memory number, 5- name, 6- Phone number, 7- Mail address, 8- 2touch dial]

How do I edit my contact's info?
    Begin in the search mode you wish to start in (see "what if I want to search by memory, Reading...")

scroll down to the contact you wish to edit -> circle button (square pad) -> menu

When you are finished, press mail button to save.

What is group setting and how do I make use of it?
    If you're getting tired of typing in letters to do a name search, simply can't remember all the memory numbers/mail address/reading of your friends, then groups will bring a relief to your frustration. Groups allows you to add all your friends to a specific group that you design. You can categorize them anyway you want making it really easy for you to search by group and scroll down only a few times to reach the contact that you will always need to get in touch with. There are 19 groups available for you to set so there's plenty of room.

To set your phonebook to group search mode, see above ("what if I want to search by memory, Reading..." )

How do I customize group settings?

Key combo: menu -> phonebook -> 7
    scroll down to the group you wish to modify and press
    circle button (on square pad)

How do I change group name?

scroll down to the group name you wish to modify and press
    menu

How do I add a contact to a specific group?
    Perform as you would under How do I edit my contact's info -> scroll down to "GR" -> circle button (square pad) -> scroll down to the group you wish to add the contact to -> circle button (square pad)

How do I check my phonebook's status?
    Key combo: Menu -> phonebook -> 0

SMS

How do I set my service center number so I can send/receive SMS?
    Menu -> Mail -> right button (square pad) -> 3 -> 4 -> 2. Enter the service center number.

How do I compose SMS
    envelope -> 8

Caller ID
    How do I get the caller ID to display contacts that are in my phone book when they're calling me?

Menu -> Settings -> right button (square pad) -> 3 -> 3 -> 1 -> 1 -> x [x : scroll to your country]

Camera
    key combo: TV

Does photo light turn on automatically?
    In fact, it does! When the P905i detects extreme poor lighting conditions it will automatically turn on its photo light to try to help counter that problem.

How do I turn on photo light manually?
    In camera mode, press Menu.

How do I activate inside camera?
    In camera mode, press Send. To activate outside camera, press Send again.

How do I change the resolution of my images
    In camera mode, press 5 and choose the size you want.

How do I turn on/off image stabilizer?
    In camera mode, press 6

How do I set photo quality?
    In camera mode, press 4

How do I change between the photo shooting modes?
    press TV until you reach your desired photo shooting mode.

How do I configure where the photos/movies are saved?
    In camera mode, press i-mode -> 6 -> 1

How do I disable movie recording file size limitation?
    In camera mode, press i-mode -> 6 -> 3

How do I activate auto timer?
    In camera mode, press i-mode -> 9

How do I add special effects?
    In camera mode, press i-mode -> 0

How do I activate AutoFocus mode?
    In camera mode, press up (square pad) until AF is displayed on the upper screen.

How do I activate macro mode?
    In camera mode, press up (square pad) until a flower is displayed on the upper screen.

How do I activate infinity mode?
    In camera mode, press up (square pad) until a mountain is displayed on the upper screen.

How do I zoom in and out?
    In camera mode, press left/right (square pad) until the desired zoom is achieved and press circle (square pad) to set the current zoom.

How do I manually "focus" the camera before I take my shot?
    In camera mode, press down (square pad). Your squared crosshair should light up green. If it is red, the camera cannot focus properly, try changing the lighting conditions or background to get the camera to focus properly.

Life Kit Voice Memo
    To disable the phone answering machine feature, go to
    menu -> life kit -> 8 -> 3 -> 2

To erase your recorded msgs go to
    menu -> life kit -> 8 -> 1 -> x [x: scroll to your desired msg] -> i-mode -> 2

To record your own msg
    menu -> life kit -> 8 -> 5 -> 1

Mobile Ridge Racer
    Because everyone's settings can vary, I will only post how to turn on motion sensor only.

How do I set motion sensor? One picture says it all (this is in the settings menu of mobile ridge racer).

How do I use motion sensor in the game?
    Simply press the circle button (square pad) and hold it when you're tilting your phone to the direction you wish the car to turn. To stop motion sensing release the circle button (square-pad).
    Last edited by riel; 06-13-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Device(s)
    nokia 6610
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    good thread

soo i turned on the kisekae tool and now i can't get it back to english menus!

a little help please haha or how do i turn off the kisekae theme

its probably simple but i cant figure it out

Device(s)
    P905i (red)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joo
    good thread

soo i turned on the kisekae tool and now i can't get it back to english menus!

a little help please haha or how do i turn off the kisekae theme

its probably simple but i cant figure it out
    under displays...try to find a section that saids menu icon or something like that

Device(s)
    nokia 6610
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    i figured it out

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    FAQ:

Please note: This FAQ is created solely for reference and are subjected to changes and mistakes. If you find a mistake in this guide kindly reference where the mistake is and what the correction should be.

Common FAQs

I've made a really big mistake and screwed up my entire phone, how do I reset it back to its default settings? (CAUTION: THIS WILL WIPE ALL OF YOUR CURRENT SETTINGS)

What is melody linkage?
    Melody linkage means the phone will light up or vibrate based on the melody being played (your ring tone) depending on what you are currently trying to set.

Quick silent is a feature where it will stop your phone from 1)ringing 2)vibrating. This is not affected by the fact that manner mode is active or not. To activate quick silent, press the up arrow key on the side of your phone. You can also set quick silent to activate when you flip open your phone (see Incoming call options).

Language settings

Clock settings

What is summer time?
    Summer time is basically the Japanese way of saying Daylight Savings Time. This only affects countries that are affected by DST changes (eg: Canada, US maybe?)

Can I turn off displaying Japan time on my main screen?
    Not that I know of. If you do, please post detail instructions and tell us how.

This has been a real mystery for a while to Docomo users, but it's no longer a secret! The key to make Japan time disappear is to make it believe that you're in Japan! All you have to do is set the clock manually (see above) but set your time zone to Japan (+9 GMT) and vola! Japan time gone.

Illumination

What is Illumination?
    Defines the way your P905i will light up during different situations (eg: charging battery, on a voice call, missed a call, receiving a call, making a call.etc)

Depending on whether you are setting color or patter you will choose the corresponding option at that screen.

Setting color:
    You would choose Phone or MessageR since you can't do anything else anyways. That will dictate how the color and style of your circle light on the cover of your phone will light up.

Setting Pattern:
    Standard - Lights will blink by the way the lighting is set via Setting color (see above)

Melody Linkage - Follows the rhythm of your current ringtone or music played upon triggering an event.

How do I turn on illumination when I've missed a call or have an unread message?

Lock/Security

If you have never touched the security code and it suddenly asks you, just enter "0000". That is your default security code.

Enter your current security code. You will be prompted with a new screen asking for a new security code. Press "yes" after to confirm your new code.

It locks EVERYTHING (like it says)! This prevents unauthorized use of your phone until you enter the correct security code.

just type in your security code and push the middle circle button on your phone.

User unset: The caller is using calling id settings determined by the network settings.

Set these settings to your liking to help prevent telemarkters!

How do I set a timer lock on my phone so after X minutes it will automatically apply "Personal data lock"?

scroll down so that you reach Lock/Security page 2/2 and press 1 or the circle center button. Then choose 1 again.

scroll down so that you reach Lock/Security page 2/2 and press 1 or the circle center button. Then choose 2.

You will be prompted by a security code input screen. Once you pass the input screen, you will be required to take 3 pictures of yourself so they can get a good sample for face recognition.

Incoming Call settings

What is Vibrator?
    This defines the style in which the phone vibrates in the event of an incoming call.

How do I set vibrator?
    There will be a few vibration options for you to choose as well as melody linkage (see "what is melody linkage" under common FAQ for details).

Same as above, they have a few vibration options with melody linkage (see "what is melody linkage" under common FAQ for details).

What is Manner Mode?
    Manner Mode in North American phones would be equivalent to "silent mode". The phone will only vibrate upon receiving an incoming call or an sms.

Manner Mode, Super Silent. The difference between the two is that Super Silent mode turns off Voice Mail Tone and confirmation tone for checking missed calls and new mail

Answer setting allows you to set special ways of answering your phone. There are 3 options:

Any Key answer: pressing any key (except for end key) will allow you to answer the phone call

Quick Silent:
    In this case, the phone will stop ringing and vibrating (see above (common faqs) for description of quick silent).

Set the number of seconds it should ring before playing your ring tone from 01 - 99. Please note: this setting does not apply to people who are in your phonebook

Push 1 again to display. Push 2 to set it not display. Missed calls will be displayed on your standby mode screen. To check for missed calls press the circle button in standby screen, select the phone with "miss" sign and press the circle button again.

More to come still... this is all for now hope that I've ramped up the guide far enough for you guys to do some impressive stunts with your phone

Device(s)
    nokia 6610
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    kool shortcut on manner mode

anyone know how to transfer the pictures on your phone to your computer?

Device(s)
    nokia 6610
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    anyone know how to import their contacts from the sim to the phone

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

FAQ:

Common FAQs

I've made a really big mistake and screwed up my entire phone, how do I reset it back to its default settings?
    (CAUTION: THIS WILL WIPE ALL OF YOUR CURRENT SETTINGS)[/I]

What is melody linkage?

I've been stuck in 2 situations now where I want to load up my phone book during a call but not knowing the steps to approach this. Lucky you, the instructions below will teach you how to do just that.

During a call, press "multi" -> menu or the circle button -> V (down arrow key) -> circle button

During a call, press the "send" button (as if making a call). You should see a speaker icon on your screen. To turn off, press the send button again.

Language settings

Clock settings

What is summer time?

Illumination

What is Illumination?

Depending on whether you are setting color or pattern you will choose the corresponding option at that screen.

Setting color:

Setting Pattern:

Lock/Security

Incoming Call settings

What is Vibrator?

How do I set vibrator?

What is Manner Mode?
    Manner Mode in North American phones would be equivalent to "silent mode". The phone will only vibrate upon receiving incoming calls or an sms.

Quick Silent:

Talk settings

How do I set hold tone

Noise reduction is Panasonic's noise canceling technology. It tries to reduce background noise and boost your voice for better clarity.

Key combo : Menu -> Settings -> 9 -> 3 -> 5 -> x [x: 1: off, 2: high tone, 3: low tone]
    Quality alarm is a feature where when the phone detects the signal is being reduced and predicts that you maybe cut off very soon, a tone will sound as a warning. (Please note: if quality of signal drops drastically, you may be cut off without getting this warning).

Key combo : Menu -> Settings -> 9 -> 3 -> 6 -> x [x: 1: off, 2: high tone, 3: low tone]

Reconnect signal is when you've lost signal while talking on the phone and after a short duration regains signal, a tone will sound. (Please note: air time charges still apply from the moment you regain signal to the moment you are completely reconnected with the caller on the other end)

Network settings

Prefix numbers basically are user defined set of numbers which are mainly used to assist you with dialing long distance calls. You can store up to 7 prefix numbers. The use to this is the fact that you can tag on those prefix numbers to any contact you wish to add to. This is convenient so you won't have to literally enter those numbers for all of your friends in another country.

select the i-appi button -> x [x: 2 - delete the current selection, 3 - delete all prefix numbers]

Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> x [x: 1- Auto, 2-Manual, 3-Network re-search (use 3 only if you are using manual mode)]

You can manually select your provider or set your phone to automatic mode (automatic does me wonders so I would highly recommend it).

How do I turn on/off my carrier's name on my standby screen (aka. Alpha tag)?
    Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 3 -> x [x: 1- on, 2- off]

Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 2 -> 4 -> x [x: 1- Auto, 2- 3G only, 3- GSM/GPRS] (Please note: since some sims do not work with 3G yet and we know GPRS is not available to us, the only way to get GSM only is via Auto mode)

Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 2 -> 3 -> 1 -> x [x: 1-On, 2-Off]

International call dial assistance is not a paid service (which it may sound like). It is a feature on the phone where it helps put the +(country code) before a dialing the phone number for Long-D calls.

Phonebook v1
    Since the demand for phonebook functionality is really high right now, I'm going to do parts of it. I'll finish it off with a part 2 very soon.

(please note: you may need to press it twice if you've gone to phonebook and selected a search feature other than "all")

Technically your phone should automatically import contacts that are on your sim when you plug in your sim and power on. This guide however, will teach you how to do it manually.

phone -> sim method :
    Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 1 -> 1 -> 1

Uh oh! It doesn't copy, it just shows a search screen, what do I do now? Relax, you can either do a search on a specific person or press down button (square button) again. You can now select who you want to copy over. Press mail button when you've finished.

press the i-app button -> 3

Sim -> Phone method:

Sure you can!

Sim -> Phone
    Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 1 -> 2 -> 2 -> x [x: 1-Inbox, 2-Outbox] -> y [y: 1-Inbox, 2-Received Message, 3-Forwarded Message, 4-Chat, 5-Trash box]

Phone -> Sim
    Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 1 -> 1 -> 2 -> x [x: 1-Inbox, 2-Outbox] -> y [y: 1-Inbox, 2-Received Message, 3-Forwarded Message, 4-Chat, 5-Trash box]

1. Deleting SMS

Sim -> Phone
      Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 2 -> 2 -> 2 -> x [x: 1-Inbox, 2-Outbox] -> y [y: 1-Inbox, 2-Received Message, 3-Forwarded Message, 4-Chat, 5-Trash box]

Phone -> Sim
      Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 2 -> 1 -> 2 -> x [x: 1-Inbox, 2-Outbox] -> y [y: 1-Inbox, 2-Received Message, 3-Forwarded Message, 4-Chat, 5-Trash box]

2. Deleting Contacts

phone -> sim method :
      Key combo: Menu -> Phonebook -> 3 (enter your security code on prompt)-> 2 -> 1 -> 1

Sim -> Phone method:
    Last edited by murdoc2k; 04-19-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Device(s)
    N73
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joo
    anyone know how to import their contacts from the sim to the phone
    doesnt it automatically import it to the phone, mine does~

Device(s)
    N73
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Great Job MURDOC, keep up the great work~

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    yeah keep it up, it help save me a lot of time when i received my phone earlier today while trying to figure it out how to change it to english.

Device(s)
    nokia 6610
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    wow i didn't even know it had a speakerphone

great guide

Device(s)
    N73
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    hey, anyone know how to use call waiting...i was talking and another call came in and I didnt know how to pick up..haha~ please help

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    FAQ:

Common FAQs

(CAUTION: THIS WILL WIPE ALL OF YOUR CURRENT SETTINGS + ALL PRE-INSTALLED THEMES AND GAMES)

What is melody linkage?

During a call, press multi -> menu or the circle button -> down (square pad) -> circle button

Language settings

Clock settings

What is summer time?

Illumination

What is Illumination?

Setting color:

Setting Pattern:

Lock/Security

Incoming Call settings

What is Vibrator?

How do I set vibrator?

What is Manner Mode?

Quick Silent:

Talk settings

How do I set hold tone

Key combo : Menu -> Settings -> 9 -> 3 -> 5 -> x [x: 1-off, 2-high tone, 3-low tone]

Key combo : Menu -> Settings -> 9 -> 3 -> 6 -> x [x: 1-off, 2-high tone, 3-low tone]

Network settings

select the i-mode button -> x [x: 2 - delete the current selection, 3 - delete all prefix numbers]

How do I turn on/off my carrier's name on my standby screen (aka. Alpha tag)?
    Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 3 -> x [x: 1- on, 2- off]

Phonebook

phone -> sim method :

press the i-mode button -> 3

Sim -> Phone method:

Sure you can!

Sim -> Phone

Phone -> Sim

1. Deleting SMS

Sim -> Phone

Phone -> Sim

2. Deleting Contacts

phone -> sim method :

Sim -> Phone method:

What are the ways I can add a new number to a new or existing contact?
    Method 1: User calls you and leaves his/her user ID on your Received call list.
    All you have to do is press left (square button) -> scroll down to the caller you wish to add -> press i-mode button -> 8 -> 1 -> x [x: 1- New contact, 2- Existing contact]
    • What if I want to add it to my SIM as well?

In standby screen press left (square button) -> scroll down to the caller you wish to add -> press i-mode button -> 8 -> 1 -> x [x: 1- New contact, 2- Existing contact]

Method 2:
    begin dialing the number -> menu -> x [x: 1-phone, 2-sim] -> y [y:1- New Contact, 2- Existing contact]

Method 3: (attention: this method only allows you to add a new contact)
    key combo: menu -> phonebook -> 1 -> x [x: 1-phone, 2-sim]

How do I search by contact name in my phonebook?
    key combo: menu -> phonebook -> 2

• What if I want to search by memory, Reading, phone number, group, mail address, 2-touch dial, group or just view all?
      Key combo: CLR -> x [x: 1- View all, 2-Reading, 3-Group, 4-Memory number, 5- name, 6- Phone number, 7- Mail address, 8- 2touch dial]

How do I edit my contact's info?
    Begin in the search mode you wish to start in (see "what if I want to search by memory, Reading...")

scroll down to the contact you wish to edit -> circle button (square pad) -> menu

When you are finished, press mail button to save.

What is group setting and how do I make use of it?
    If you're getting tired of typing in letters to do a name search, simply can't remember all the memory numbers/mail address/reading of your friends, then groups will bring a relief to your frustration. Groups allows you to add all your friends to a specific group that you design. You can categorize them anyway you want making it really easy for you to search by group and scroll down only a few times to reach the contact that you will always need to get in touch with. There are 19 groups available for you to set so there's plenty of room.

To set your phonebook to group search mode, see above ("what if I want to search by memory, Reading..." )

How do I customize group settings?

scroll down to the group you wish to modify and press
    circle button (on square pad)

How do I change group name?

scroll down to the group name you wish to modify and press
    menu

How do I add a contact to a specific group?
    Perform as you would under How do I edit my contact's info -> scroll down to "GR" -> circle button (square pad) -> scroll down to the group you wish to add the contact to -> circle button (square pad)

How do I check my phonebook's status?
    Key combo: Menu -> phonebook -> 0

Device(s)
    DoCoMo FoMa SH905i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    how come i cant send a sms on my p905i?

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast