Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: P905i Guide

Device(s)
    p905i
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    How do I select 3G/GSM mode settings?
    Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 2 -> 4 -> x [x: 1- Auto, 2- 3G only, 3- GSM/GPRS] (Please note: since some sims do not work with 3G yet and we know GPRS is not available to us, the only way to get GSM only is via Auto mode)

or press and hold MULTI button.
    thank you nui loa & mahalo very much!

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility Fido Virgin Mobile Globe Telecom
    Feedback Score
    bluetooth is limited to headset use i suggest using infared
    Present..
    [former] Motorola Milestone, Samsung Galaxy S & Desire Z [alternate] Apple Iphone 4 [main] Samsung Galaxy SII

Past..
    A56 (silver) 3390 (blue) 7210 (turquoise) E715 (light blue) 6600 (black) 6230 (black) W600i (silver) N93 (black) Z550a (silver) E840(silver) U900(black) T715a (black) 703SHf (cream) 709sc (white) 904SH (black) 705SH (white) 903SH (black) 705P (mocha) P905i (black) SO905iCS (black) SH-06a(white) 6120 (black) N97-3 (black)

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G [S] 16GB White (OS 3.12)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ke0la
    How do I select 3G/GSM mode settings?
    Key Combo: Menu -> right (on square pad) -> 3 -> 2 -> 4 -> x [x: 1- Auto, 2- 3G only, 3- GSM/GPRS] (Please note: since some sims do not work with 3G yet and we know GPRS is not available to us, the only way to get GSM only is via Auto mode)

or press and hold MULTI button.
    thank you. I will add this to my next update.

I'm planning to roll out a new set of updates for my guide around this saturday. Stay tuned.

Device(s)
    White Iphone 3gs 16gig
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Bluetooth for P905i is not usable for data transfer so don't bother use infrared instead. The bluetooth is crippled it is only used for a bluetooth headset.

EDIT: LOL CRAP

everyone replied so fast well then ignore this lol
    Contrary to popular belief I'm not really obsessed or in love with tofu as a food, sure its good and all but I'm not in love with it. Someone else typed this name for me when I was registering >_>

ps. For future reference just qoute me as Tofu instead of the whole name....sounds too cheesy LOL

Device(s)
    p905i
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by murdoc2k
    thank you. I will add this to my next update.

I'm planning to roll out a new set of updates for my guide around this saturday. Stay tuned.
    i think i should be thanking you for all of your input/guidance in making it easier for us p-shooters! lol! if there's anything else i come across, i'll be sure to post it here!

Feedback Score
    hi people

i did a micro sd reformat from my p905i.

however, no folders were created after i reformat the sd card. do i have to manually create the folders one by one?

folders like the DCIM etc etc. were not inside. after reformatting, the micro sd becomes blank when inserted to my laptop.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    SE W910i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    hi all,
    I found an English Manual from the ntt docomo site: http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/s...ma/905i/p905i/

^Is it even helpful at all? o__O
    cuz... i see that many of u who already have the phone are experiencing some problems...
    I'm thinking of getting it.. cuz it's a really nice phone, but i'm hesitating because.. I'm not sure whether it is worth going thru the hassle & trouble setting up stuff.

Device(s)
    DoCoMo P905i
    Feedback Score
    viberzdae, u gotta take a photo to get DCIM folder on your card etc.
    DoCoMo P905i /white/

Device(s)
    White Iphone 3gs 16gig
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    You can manually create the folders it will still work. Unless you want the phone to do it itself and take a picture or recording etc. It doesn't matter.

The English manual is helpful to some extent but not all that reliable. >_> If your not ready for the hassle the phone brings I would suggest not getting it.

Device(s)
    Black P905i
    Feedback Score
    Oh shi-- I just managed to get my own ringtones to play on my P905i.

EDIT: minus2 suggested just renaming the .midi to .mld - AND IT WORKS! My tedious method is now redundant!

First off, I used GuitarPro5 to export someone's tab file into midi. You can go to ultimate-guitar.com and search for songs - most songs have tabs made by someone. Obviously, you want one for GuitarPro, which you'll need to get if you don't have... And you'll probably want a tab file where someone has also tabbed out all the other instruments.

Then, I used http://smaf-yamaha.com/jp/tools/dl/A...SMAF-132-j.zip to convert it into a .mmf

To use this program, drag the midi onto the interface. For me, it then said 'Error: Format of SMF must be format0.' Press OK.

It'll then say 'Use SMF Filter when error occurred?' press OK again.

The SMF Filter list pops up, I just hit OK, but you can play around with it to select which channels you want...

Then, Go to File -> SMAF Save As.

From here, use http://smaf-yamaha.com/tools/panason...A2-P-110-e.zip by dropping the .mmf file you just made onto the UI.

Now, you've made your .MLD! Find it, (should be where the .mmf was\Output\SM*), then put it into your phone (X:\PRIVATE\DOCOMO\RINGER\ RUD001\), and rename it to RINGxxxx.MLD (eg. RING0001.MLD)

Now, disconnect your usb cable/whatever and on your phone go to Databox -> Melody -> MicroSD -> Melody -> RUDxxx -> RINGxxxx

From here, you can play and admire the fine sounds your P905i makes (10), and you can also rename them.

Being midis, they'll initially sound like crap, but with some time-consuming tweaking you may be able to make it sound passable. Obviously, it'll never be as good as wave/mp3/whatever, but it's the best we have at the moment...
    Last edited by sha[R]d; 05-18-2008 at 09:43 AM.

Device(s)
    Sony K810i
    Carrier(s)
    O2 UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sha[R]d
    Oh shi-- I just managed to get my own ringtones to play on my P905i.

The sha[R]d method:

First off, I used GuitarPro5 to export someone's tab file into midi. You can go to ultimate-guitar.com and search for songs - most songs have tabs made by someone. Obviously, you want one for GuitarPro, which you'll need to get if you don't have... And you'll probably want a tab file where someone has also tabbed out all the other instruments.

Then, I used http://smaf-yamaha.com/jp/tools/dl/A...SMAF-132-j.zip to convert it into a .mmf

To use this program, drag the midi onto the interface. For me, it then said 'Error: Format of SMF must be format0.' Press OK.

It'll then say 'Use SMF Filter when error occurred?' press OK again.

The SMF Filter list pops up, I just hit OK, but you can play around with it to select which channels you want...

Then, Go to File -> SMAF Save As.

From here, use http://smaf-yamaha.com/tools/panason...A2-P-110-e.zip by dropping the .mmf file you just made onto the UI.

Now, you've made your .MLD! Find it, (should be where the .mmf was\Output\SM*), then put it into your phone (X:\PRIVATE\DOCOMO\RINGER\ RUD001\), and rename it to RINGxxxx.MLD (eg. RING0001.MLD)

Now, disconnect your usb cable/whatever and on your phone go to Databox -> Melody -> MicroSD -> Melody -> RUDxxx -> RINGxxxx

From here, you can play and admire the fine sounds your P905i makes (10), and you can also rename them.

Being midis, they'll initially sound like crap, but with some time-consuming tweaking you may be able to make it sound passable. Obviously, it'll never be as good as wave/mp3/whatever, but it's the best we have at the moment...
    cool..i thought u can just rename your midi files to .mld

i'm not sure if that works though mayb u can give it a try.

what i did found was that...i used a program called "audicity" to convert my .wav files into MA-2 mmf format...and saving it at 8000Hz i think....
    then i dropped that mmf file into the same program u used and...

bang! pops out a .mld file....however, i've not tried it yet...as my phone isnt here...maybe you can give that a try...if it works...it means we'll get proper ringtones on our p905i!! althought the quality might not be extremely clear but its better than midi's...i would say.

Device(s)
    Black P905i
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, that was what we initially tried - converting the wave -> mmf -> mld. However, if you try to play the .mld in PSMplayer or whatever, it comes out retarded and doesn't play on the phone (in my case, as well as several others).

Hang on, I'll give renaming the midi file a try...

Edit: **** me, it works. Almost my whole method is now redundant... Haha. At least it makes it easier for us!

Device(s)
    Sony K810i
    Carrier(s)
    O2 UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sha[R]d
    Yeah, that was what we initially tried - converting the wave -> mmf -> mld. However, if you try to play the .mld in PSMplayer or whatever, it comes out retarded and doesn't play on the phone (in my case, as well as several others).

Hang on, I'll give renaming the midi file a try...

Edit: **** me, it works. Almost my whole method is now redundant... Haha. At least it makes it easier for us!
    hahah..its alrite man...at least you gave it a try

Device(s)
    White 16gig iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Ok im in the P905 club.. problem is im supposed to be roaming with my p905 or trying to and i cant connect to a network over here even though it sees other networks. Anyone have any idea how to get my rogers sim to roam in HK? Manual? Auto search?
    HoFo Feedback

Previous Phones:
    O2: Mini II, Touch Enhanced | Samsung: D900, D600 | Sharp: 902 | Moto: black V3, V635
    SE: K850i, W810, S710a, T610, T310 | Nokia: 3360 | Panasonic: P905i

Device(s)
    White 16gig iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Never mind got it...

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast