Phones
    XV6900 Touch
    MotoQ
    XV6700
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon XV6900 (Touch) BT DUN Fix

My new Verizon XV6900 was delivered Friday by FEDEX, and I immediately transferred my stuff over from the old reliable (original, 2-year-old, firmware-flashed-three-times) MotoQ.

Verizon delivers the new XV6900 (Touch) with VZAccess Manager; this program disables Windows Wireless Zero configuration if you let it manage all connections.

If you've set up another phone as a BlueTooth modem to work w/your laptop you can do so with this phone as well, but you need to install something Verizon left out... the Dial-Up Networking (DUN) driver.

When you pair this phone with your laptop, WM 6 in this phone supports ActiveSync by BlueTooth, but not Dial-Up Networking. The only services the laptop finds (or the phone) besides PAN & ActiveSync are headset and Stereo... no DUN.

Just Google up WM6_DUN.zip; it's the Windows Mobile 6 DUN driver... if you unzip and install the .cab file in the phone and run it from File Explorer, then pair to the laptop you'll now find that DUN is a service,and you can set up a network connection and ditch that stupid VZAccess Mangler.

By setting up a standard Network Connection you can also bypass having to use the funky Modem Link feature.

Other than you need sunglasses to keep from being blinded by a WHITE case, it's a pretty cool phone so far... and NO, there's no built-in GPS we've been able to find.

Phones
    xv6900
    LG Voyager
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

DUN BT fix not working

Hello,
    I was able to install the WM6_DUN driver and connect using #777 as the number. However, when I tried to connect to any website on my laptop, I get the following in my web browser:

"This device is currently not authorized to access Dial-Up Networking services, please contact your wireless service provider for more details."

and I am redirected to the following website:
    https://dunsp.vzw.com/

I think they are shutting down this backdoor unless you/someone knows of a another way to connect Verizon DUN?

PS. I have the 44.95 Data Plan too but no Laptop Connect plan or whatever they sell separately for laptop tethering!

J
    Last edited by jberlet; 04-19-2008 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Updated info...

Phones
    XV6900 Touch
    MotoQ
    XV6700
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Come on, now... no cheating. Everybody used the "back door" so much, they wore it out.

I have the all-you-can-eat plan which includes tethering your laptop...

VZW had gotten smart on this hole in their system... if you have the a plan that permits tethering, this will work.

Phones
    Droid, Env-Touch, Dare,
    Hers Voyager, retired..u900Flipshot, u740 ,LG vx8100 backup
    Son HTC touch, vx9900 retired
    Carrier
    Verizon wireless formerly Airtouch
    Feedback Score
    one thread was already deleted, because people were talking pricing and bypassing vzw charges,

instead of the technicalities of making connections work..

to keep this thread open, means NO talking about pricing, making it work on cheaper plans

its technical only !!

data charges are NOT being discussed
    TheMopedwhiz aka TheeWizard, a member of the Verizon Wireless Customer Council

Phones
    xv6900
    LG Voyager
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ok - I will remember to not talk plans in the future but if the solution to getting DUN working with this phone requires a certain plan, I need to understand this. I am pretty pissed off that I paid - shhhh don't say this...44.95 for a #$#@$@ data plan that I can't connect my phone with to do bluetooth DUN! Looks like another $15 (shhhh..don't say it out loud) for getting this "all-you-can-eat" data plan rangemaster mentions. Oh well, see what the friendly inept VZW rep. tells me over the phone...

Phones
    Droid, Env-Touch, Dare,
    Hers Voyager, retired..u900Flipshot, u740 ,LG vx8100 backup
    Son HTC touch, vx9900 retired
    Carrier
    Verizon wireless formerly Airtouch
    Feedback Score
    rangemaster thank you..

I have ICS via usb cable and a friend who was frustrated got his BT ICS working

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themopedwhiz
    rangemaster thank you..

I have ICS via usb cable and a friend who was frustrated got his BT ICS working
    Is there an alternative method available?