Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ::OFFICIAL::Kyocera Lingo Thread

Device(s)
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Helio,
    Feedback Score

::OFFICIAL::Kyocera Lingo Thread

post all you problems, solutions, hacks, etc here for the kyocera lingo here.

i will do mine.

CODES:
    ##626* (NAM programming) (password=333333)
    ##786 (Field Test Mode) (password for fielf debug=000000)
    ##889 (TTY) (no code required)
    ##932 (Web browser editing) (requires an unknown MSL code.)
    ##2769737 (Brower Editor....again) (requires an unknown MSl code)

thats basically all i have for this phone.

EDIT:
    oh and problems:
    1)how do i install games and apps?!

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (M1000-2X0/1.0.07.1 UP.Browser/6.2.3.9.g.1.111 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

so far i have the same problem... i cant install any games/apps via the internet. i CAN install using cricket games/apps but im sick of paying 5 bucks for crappy games. anyone know how to install games/apps using the mobile web?

Device(s)
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Helio,
    Feedback Score
    yeah its like a bunch of BS.
    it has java support and mp3 support but we cant download ANYTHING from the internet. im so tempted to either:
    A)break this phonein half because of its lack of features for the $200 price tag.
    or
    B)buy a data cable and hack the damn thing myself

Device(s)
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Helio,
    Feedback Score
    ok i decided im going to hack this phone myslef!

heres EVERYTHING i have:

Codes:
    ##626* (##NAM*) NAM Editor. Security Code=333333 (if your phone is locked the code is different and im trying to figure it out now)

##932 (##WEB) Web Link Edito.r Secuity Code=?????? (findng it out)

##2769737 (##BROWSER) READ ABOVE CODE

##8626337 (##VOCODER) Vocoder Editor. MSL Code=?????? (finding out)

##889 (##TTY) No Code Required

##786 (##RUN) Some Information And Access To Debug menu (Debug menu Code=000000)

##3282 (##DATA) 3G Programming menu! (Just discovered this and checking it out now)

##4357 (##HELP) Some Phon Information

##2539 (##AKEY) A-Key Programming Menu (requires A-Key code :?)

##7738 (##PREV) PREV Version. (When clicking "More" it asks for a securoty code. I used 000000 and it took me to the main menu :?)

I really need to find the MSL code. But that WILL be different for everyone!!! The MSl is a combination of a "Master Code" and the ESN (Electronic Serial Number). Once this is discovered i will be able to mess around with ALL the 3G Programming Features and Vocoder.

Looks pretty promising from here but i just got my data cables for my phone and the phone tools. but im probably gonna make my own software to edit such things as the carrier display, menu, features, codes, etc.

All my fellow lingo users should be happy.

oh and to "Totalysexyguy" i have a way to download online games/apps/ringtones and so on BUT i need to figure out the damn MSL code to edit out the "Added Security" thats blocking the phone from trusting 3rd party apps.
    In case you didnt know everything from the browser uses a link from crickets browser. In the 3G programming menu i can edit the IP addresses and so on. So once i change the IP address (i will probably make it load Google instead of the regular cricket wap browser) we should (technically speaking) be able to download anything we want because its not loading crickets setting from the WAP site (so its bypassing all its security checks)

UPDATE1:
    Well ive had no luck figuring out the codes (MSL and changed security code) for now. BUT i did manage to find a MSL code generator BUT i dont have any idea on how to use it. They are valid Win32 Applications so idk how to run them.
    Hmmmm.....time will tell
    Last edited by [email protected]<K0R; 05-02-2008 at 07:25 PM.

Device(s)
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Helio,
    Feedback Score
    well i found out how to upload ringtones and mp3's to the phone:

http://www.gadgetize.com/2007/10/kyo...ringtones.html

i tried uploading a jad and jar file but the both unsupported :?
    so im all wtf they phone has java support but yet it doesnt support java files?! thats some BS. lets hope i can fix this

Feedback Score
    Kinda new here but I have the Kyocera wildcard through virgin mobile and every time I try to activate it, it tells me that I need to take it back to Walmart and have it unlocked. I tried that and they cant do- say that VM needs to do it and VM says that WM needs to do it. Can you help?

Device(s)
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Helio,
    Feedback Score
    ummm heres VM's activation page troubleshooter:
    https://www.virginmobileusa.com/acti...vate.do?page=0

other then that im not sure if you can do anything

Feedback Score
    So no know "unlock code" then?
    Thanks for your quick answer.

Device(s)
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Helio,
    Feedback Score
    sorry but i dont know the unlock code.....as a matter of fact idk how to unlock any CDMA phones. only GSM phones.

(i mean sure i know how to reprogram a cell phones NAM but still activation is out of my league lol)

and no problem. its rare that people post in this forum but when they do, im always gonna be the first to answer

Feedback Score

any luck gettin any games working yet hackor?

Device(s)
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Helio,
    Feedback Score
    unfortunately no

i cant do anything until i get the browser code. Then i can try making a new session (as crickets browser doesnt use normal web pages. EX: its "Search" browser "disguised" as google search URL is "search.wap.mycricket.com" not www.google.com.)
    i believe that this is blocking stuff (such as java apps and games) from being downloaded because its all through cricket's filter and by removing the filter (creating a new session independent fom crickets normal wap searching) i should be able of to downloading anything.

This is just a guess but a very logical one at that.

I, unfortunately, wont have this phone much longer because im canceling the phone some time this week (probably friday) so if i do, i will stop the project here.
    I will post, my final thoughts, provide help for anyone willing to try this, and try helping.

Feedback Score
    Hmm, im by no means an expert, but my phone seems to navigate just fine to any website address I.E. www.google.com / hotmail.com / howardforums.com ect ect...

Device(s)
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Helio,
    Feedback Score
    yes it can navigate to them but it still loads the cricket wap site in the beginning of the web session so possible, the code in the wap site is remaining on the phone until the session ends.
    As i said, its just a theory and it seems pretty logical.

the only real doubts i have about it is that why would cricket add something like this on a phone?
    which has a simple answer. Money. They want us to pay for games, apps, ringtones, etc.

Feedback Score

well thats a shame... but i will keep crossing my fingers for ya that maybe u will find a way around this roadblock.

Device(s)
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Helio,
    Feedback Score
    for now, i cant find anything. Cricket wont supply codes, and figuring out a 6 digit code with 10 possibilities each number (0-9) is something i WILL NOT be doing because i dont have nearly the amount of free time that would require

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast