Thread: Is the HTC Tilt right for me?

Device(s)
    Which phone do you use?
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Is the HTC Tilt right for me?

I want to move onto a new phone from my n95, but the camera performances pushes me away from the tilt. I love how it has a full QEWERTY keyboard and I have used windows OS before but wasn't really pleased with it. How customizable is this phone? What I didn't like about Symbian was that I couldn't change my wallpaper without adding a 3rd party application or creating my own theme. Also what are some pros and cons you guys have aganist this phone? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Curve 8900, AT&T Tilt, and Pearl 8110 (Current Phones)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If you are worried about camera quality, look towards Asian phones or carry around a Canon SD1100IS with you. Anyway, customobility: excellent. It's Windows. XDA-developers has a site that should give you insight for how much stuff is out there for these phones. Wallpapers can be changed without adding any software, don't worry

Cons: Video Drivers are non-existent in this phone. Do a google search and you'll see the complaints.

Pros: Solid feel, works anywhere in the world, WiFi, 3.75G, and a slew of other features. It will be similar spec wise to the N95 and both are good phones....I liked the Tilt and went for that.

Device(s)
    RIM BB Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Was comparing the HTC Tilt to my current WM6 phone (Treo 750) and it seems better in most respects: better keyboard, higher-res camera, wi-fi, etc.

At upgrade price of $299, it sounds like a reasonable deal.

Any downsides to the TILT that would make me stay with T750 ?

Thanks in advance - Manuel