Thread: Master Reset for LG Rumor?

Feedback Score

Master Reset for LG Rumor?

I wouldn't be surprised if this problem has already occurred but here goes.
    I recently bought an LG Rumor from my friend. The problem is that it still has the phone number set as the previous owner's and it's all set up.
    I was wondering how I would go about resetting the phone so that I can activate it on my plan? I don't have a Sprint Store around me so I can't just go down and have them wipe it. I already went into the "Security" options and did a "Reset" but it still has all the Phone Information and I need it to be totally clean so I can activate it.
    Please help seeing as how my Samsung A640 is totally dying on me and I need this new phone ASAP.

Feedback Score
    After you activate the Rumor onto your account, your friends number will be replaced with your number. You don't need to have your friends number erased from the phone in order to activate it, as long as the phone's ESN has been cleared for activation.

Feedback Score
    and if i go into "security" and do one of those resets that clears the ESN?
    or how would I go about making this happen?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfling64
    and if i go into "security" and do one of those resets that clears the ESN?
    or how would I go about making this happen?
    You don't need to go into your security settings. Just call up your cell phone provider and tell them that you have another phone that you want to activate on your account. They will tell you if it can be activated or not. Most likely if you got it from a friend, you shouldn't have any problems with getting it activated.