Thread: How to get your FedEx tracking number without calling Verizon

Phones
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 (retired, gave to bro-in-law)
    LG VX10000 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

How to get your FedEx tracking number without calling Verizon

Not quite sure if anyone's made a guide on how to do this yet. I figured I'd give it a shot, working for FedEx and all.

This method, AFAIK, is best used if you called telesales to order your phone. I haven't been able to verify it for orders placed online. Then again, you can just go to Verizon's website for tracking information, right?

1. After receiving an e-mail confirmation from Verizon about your order, note these two numbers:

2. Go to www.fedex.com/us/ and place your mouse cursor over 'Track', which is under 'Package/Envelope' and to the right of 'Ship' toward the top of the page. 5 options should pop up, but the one that you want is 'Track by Reference'. (Or you can just click here and go straight to the track by reference page )

3. Under 'Enter reference information' you'll see Account number, Reference, Ship date, Destination country, and Destination postal code. You can leave the 'Account number' field blank. Under 'Reference', type in the Location number you noted earlier, place an underscore '(_)' after that number, then type up the order number right after it. It should all be grouped together, with no spaces. (Example: 1530701_837590287).

You can then leave the 'ship date' alone as it should be displaying today's date and will look for anything shipped +/- 15 days from that day.

'Destination country' is self-explanatory and 'Destination postal code' will be where you are having the package shipped to. Not the bill-to ZIP code.

4. Click 'Track' and you should be set! Keep in mind that you should probably wait a few hours after you place your order to check. It isn't instantaneous.

Hope this helps!

Feedback Score
    Great write up, thanks!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that... some people don't know how to track packages, sending or expecting...

Phones
    Samsung Rogue
    Orange Boulder
    Env, V325
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    nice job...
    Computer

Cell Phone w/USB

Boulder Ringtones

Phones
    iPhone 4 16GB
    LG VX10000 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No prob . The Glyde and env2 threads were my sources of inspiration what with everyone managing to get those phones ordered earlier than intended. Not to mention the fact that I tend to do 'reverse lookups' like this at work on an almost daily basis. Can anyone confirm this working for phones being shipped from the east coast?

Phones
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Samsung u370; Casio Ravine 2
    ;; broken: LG VX8700 (blank screen) and Motorola E815 (broken hinge)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question

Thank you for the great information!

Is there some way to obtain the "location" number without having to call Verizon ? When I ordered phones for my family over the phone, I didn't think of asking for a package tracking number and I didn't think of giving the agent an email address.

Edit: I called Verizon and was informed that the location number identifies the call center in your state (I don't know if there are any states that either have more than one call center or no call center); the location number then for every customer in that state is the location number of your state's call center. This agent said that your location code generally will remain the same for a long time.
    Last edited by Matt_; 06-25-2009 at 06:36 PM.
    (1) "Tutorial: Making Album Art Work (Most LG phones)" (link)
    (2) "MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity" (link)

Phones
    iPhone 4 16GB
    LG VX10000 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    AFAIK the agent shouldn't have the tracking number ready as the order would still have to be processed at the warehouse in order to be shipped, which would then yield a tracking number. Since I haven't had to order a phone in a while I forgot if the agent actually asked me for my e-mail address or if their system automatically sends a confirmation to whatever e-mail you have registered with them. Has anyone been able to confirm whether or not this method works with online orders?

Phones
    iPhone 4
    Droid Incredible
    Samsung 4G LC11
    Carrier
    Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    This is crafty. Good work :thumbsup:
    Verizon Wireless - More bars in more places on the now network.
    Every time you ask whether you can use a VZW smartphone without a data plan, God kills a kitten.
    And by God, I mean me - and by kitten, I mean many kittens. So many kittens.

Mobile Phone History by Carrier - on Pastebin

Phones
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Buick OnStar w/ Verizon
    Moto V3c ;)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    AWESOME. Thanks!

They can make cell phone technologies that can download faster than my DSL line. Why can't they make a phone that I can use on my submarine?!

Phones
    Nokia N82
    Iphone soon:)))
    Nokia N82 black
    Feedback Score
    Cool info right off the bat