Thread: I keep getting calls every night from a restricted number, how do I block it?

Feedback Score

I keep getting calls every night from a restricted number, how do I block it?

OK, for a few weeks now EVERY night I get a call or sometimes two from a restricted number. When I answer and say hello they hang up. It gets really annoying because sometimes they are late at night. Is there anything Telus can do? Because its starting to creep me out.

Phones
    BlackBerry 8900
    iPhone 3G
    BlackBerry 9000
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Call your local police departments non-emergency line and tell them that you are being harassed via telephone on a nightly basis.

Feedback Score
    get the # unblocked and post it here.
    On contract terms and responsibilities and getting the right information:

When youre talking about signing a contract for 3 years that will in the end may potentially cost you 20x X number of months you really should do everything to protect yourself.

Phone
    IPhone4S 64gb white & BB 9900 & HTC HERO (all current)
    Carriers
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mitts2010
    OK, for a few weeks now EVERY night I get a call or sometimes two from a restricted number. When I answer and say hello they hang up. It gets really annoying because sometimes they are late at night. Is there anything Telus can do? Because its starting to creep me out.

do u have a regular phone or a smartphone.? whats ur phone model

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    foward your call to 911. Then the guy would learn a lesson.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    LG CX8600 (POS)
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekToronto
    foward your call to 911. Then the guy would learn a lesson.
    Ahaha that would be hilarious. Do it )

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Op: Do you have a nice number? I had a nice number before and people would call me about tours! lol

Phones
    BlackBerry 9530 Storm
    BlackBerry 8330 Curve
    BlackBerry 8130 Pearl2
    Carrier
    Telus (Super IM15)
    Feedback Score
    I here also got the same problem

... its annoying, i get all sort of call from number starting 18374 something like that

I pick up and all the time some indian or whatnot ask me some strange name

Carriers
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mitts2010
    How long have you had your number if you dont mind me asking? Is it a fairly new activation? If so maybe the number wasnt recycled properly thru the number pool and they arent pranking you they are pranking someone else. Your best bet would be to call client care and ask them if anyone else has had this number before you and if they had ask how long it had been dormant before you got it. if it is a short ammount of time request they change your number for you due to harassment.

Hope this helps
    TELUS /Koodo Super Moderator
    Lounge Super Moderator

Phone
    IPhone4S 64gb white & BB 9900 & HTC HERO (all current)
    Carriers
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    i was gonna suggesr if he has a smartphone he can get one of those programs that will automat5ically filter calls for him

Phone
    2 Cans and a string!
    Feedback Score
    Might just be those numbers about survey.. I got a few myself.. whenever I would pick up, some guy was talking to me in spanish and asked me to press 1 for this 2 for that..
    Called Telus about it, and they said it was a known problem.. 2 weeks later it stopped..

Then, about hm 1 month ago, same thing but, from a language I didn't recognize.. did the same thing, called Telus, again, known problem and it stopped..

Phones
    SGS 4G
    Nokia 3205i (currently as flashlight & alarm)
    LG Venus for kid's toy
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    If you call CSR right after the you received the call in question, can they track it down?

Feedback Score
    someone at the phone company can but they won't and even if they do, they won't tell you what the number is

Carriers
    MOBLICITY
    Feedback Score
    I think If it is going to a situation that you cant take it anymore. Call your customer service and ask them to change your number to a new # (not a recycled one) Tell them that its a harassment issue. Otherwise they will try to charge you with a $ 25 service fee.