MOTO Droid
    MOTO Q9c
    Samsung SCHa-950 (semi-retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    It is an MMS and will count as an MMS.
    How much are MMS vs SMS now? I forget. Are SMS 10cents and MMS 25cents? Or have they gone up again?

SMS = text
    MMS = mulitimedia (pic/flick/audio)
    All the same for me I don't pay extra for either. Since my son is not on my share plan! LOL

Phones
    LG VX9100 (enV 2)
    LG VX4600 (retired)
    Motorola v120c (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It is an MMS and will count as an MMS.
    How much are MMS vs SMS now? I forget. Are SMS 10cents and MMS 25cents? Or have they gone up again?

SMS = text
    MMS = mulitimedia (pic/flick/audio)
    $0.20 per SMS, $0.25 per MMS if over limit or no texting plan. Texting plans are now as follows:
    250 any carrier = $5.00
    Unlimited IN Messaging + 500 non-verizon = $10.00
    Unlimited IN Messaging + 1500 non-verizon = $15.00
    Unlimited Messaging any carrier = $20.00

Someone mentioned in either this thread or the Official Env2 release thread that sending a msg to yourself would obviously count as IN messaging if you have one of the higher tier plans and therefore no extra charge.

Man I remember when it was $0.04 to send and $0.02 to recieve...

Phones
    a930
    a670
    vx-6000
    Carrier
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    I do that all the time as well. It counts as a picture message.

I got my env2 on friday and I already filled it with tones.

Feedback Score
    what bit rate you guys use? is it sound good? i emailed once, but it sounded like crap. thanks

Phones
    LG enV Touch
    LG enV3 (retired)
    LG Dare (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    for most mp3's in general i use 160kbps or 192.....if you're just using for ringtones, 128 or 160 is probably more than sufficient.

Phones
    Chocolate
    Env2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've got the Env2 also and texted one of my "loudest" ringtones to the phone and when the phone is open (speaker obviously exposed) it is very loud but I'd like it to be louder when the phone is closed.... any suggestions? I have a heck of a time hearing this thing ring

Is there any "data" charge for pix and flix messages on top of the standard text?

Thanks!

Phones
    LG ENV2 - black (mine) LG ENV2 - maroon (wife's)
    Motorola Razr V3m (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i just got home with my new env2 and also discovered you can bluetooth it to a computer and transfer .mp3s to it and then text them to yourself and save them as ring tones... not sure if this gets around the cost of texts or not... but i thought i'd throw it our there

Phones
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    BB Pearl,Samsung FlipShot, Juke, SCH-U620
    LG enV, enV2, LG Chocolate, Motorola E815 & V710
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonvoorhees
    i just got home with my new env2 and also discovered you can bluetooth it to a computer and transfer .mp3s to it and then text them to yourself and save them as ring tones... not sure if this gets around the cost of texts or not... but i thought i'd throw it our there
    You are doubling the price of your MMS messages (you are not texting them to yourself, you are MMS'ing them - this is 5 cents more than a text).
    Since you are sending it from your phone, that is 25cents. And then you are receiving it on your phone, and that is another 25cents. So, just send them from your pc and save yourself 25cents.
    Of course if you have any sort of messaging page, then it doesn't much matter.

Phones
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooze
    I've got the Env2 also and texted one of my "loudest" ringtones to the phone and when the phone is open (speaker obviously exposed) it is very loud but I'd like it to be louder when the phone is closed.... any suggestions? I have a heck of a time hearing this thing ring

Is there any "data" charge for pix and flix messages on top of the standard text?

Thanks!
    On the new Nationwide plans there is no data charge for MMS messages - or, there shouldn't be.

Phone
    Blackberry Curve
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Since '95
    Feedback Score
    Well, I just put ringtones on an activated ENV2 using the Voyager settings on bitpim.

The secret?

I used a Cellebrite transfer machine to put the phone into a "service required" mode to transfer pix and videos, and before it rebooted, I yanked it off the cellebrite and plugged it into the computer running bitpim.

So the trick will be now, is how to put the 9100 into this "service required" mode without the $800 celebrite machine.

EDIT: Its a little harder than that is seems, I tried it again, and it wouldn't work. I had to pull the 9100 off the celebrite at precisely the right time for bitpim to be able to write to it, and it seems like if its off too long, the phone re-locks the filesystem again.

Weird.
    Last edited by PeterB; 05-14-2008 at 01:11 PM.
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Phones
    LG ENV2 - black (mine) LG ENV2 - maroon (wife's)
    Motorola Razr V3m (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You are doubling the price of your MMS messages (you are not texting them to yourself, you are MMS'ing them - this is 5 cents more than a text).
    Since you are sending it from your phone, that is 25cents. And then you are receiving it on your phone, and that is another 25cents. So, just send them from your pc and save yourself 25cents.
    Of course if you have any sort of messaging page, then it doesn't much matter.
    i have the unlimited messaging plan so no worries... but i do see your point... now if only you could actually add ringtones directly from bluetooth... oh well being able to file transfer without messing with the phone too much is still world's better than my razr.

Phones
    LG 9100 enV2
    LG 9800 V (Decommissioned)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonvoorhees
    How exactly do you "bluetooth it"?

Phones
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Detacht69
    How exactly do you "bluetooth it"?
    Pair the phone and your pc and then from your pc use the OBEX profile (OPP FTP) and drag and drop the mp3's to the SdSounds folder.

Phones
    lg Dare and Samsung Reality
    Samsung Reality
    lg Dare
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    if you put the ringtones in my sounds folder there is not an option to set as ring tone. drag and drop in my sounds folder via blutooth and send it as text. I've done it this way and haven't seen any charges for doing it this way, although i have unlimited text. I was reading that someone said u can use bitpim..lol cant see how that is possible. there is NO SUPPORT FOR BIT PIM at the moment and i'm sure there working on it. text em if u have a text package. cant wait for bit pim to get the env2 working.

Phones
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by papasin
    if you put the ringtones in my sounds folder there is not an option to set as ring tone. drag and drop in my sounds folder via blutooth and send it as text. I've done it this way and haven't seen any charges for doing it this way, although i have unlimited text. I was reading that someone said u can use bitpim..lol cant see how that is possible. there is NO SUPPORT FOR BIT PIM at the moment and i'm sure there working on it. text em if u have a text package. cant wait for bit pim to get the env2 working.
    You can use BitPim before you activate the phone - that's how I got my ringtones on my enV2.

And sending a media file from your phone and to your phone costs you two MMS (pic) messges, though they are both IN messages. So it is either free, or 50cents, depending on your plan.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast