Feedback Score

Ringtone m4r won't go into itunes problem

First of all my iphone is 16gb at 114 and using itunes 7.4.3.1 on Windows XP

I have followed the steps on different youyube videos as well as step by step instructions on how to create a ringtone for the iphone .

I started of by getting 20 or so ringtones as mp3 at about 20 sec in length.
    They are in itunes music playlist
    I then right click and convert to aac ( which sends the newly created file to an itunes folder somewhere else on computer .
    I then locate it and copy it to my desktop where it is an m4a file. I then rename it to m4r which changes the pic to an itunes ringtone on my desktop.
    Now in itunes itself i have a Ringtone (bell ) up at top left and a ringtone folder i created as well as a ringtone playlist
    The ringtone i try to move from desktop will only go into the top Ringtone spot but it doesn't show as being in there
    Doesn't matter if i deleted old files or not
    And with iphone plugged in there is nothing to see for a ringtone
    I have also tryed double clicking ringtone but still will not go into itunes ringtone spot

I have read and read
    So Close
    ?????????????????????????
    anyone know where i screwed up ?

Heart!!
    Last edited by heartattack01; 05-07-2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    Anyone .... ?

Still have the m4r files on my desktop
    just wont go into itunes to sync

duceduc Guest
    I use winscp to ssh the ringtone to the ringtone folder in the iphone dir. Works for me

Feedback Score
    I downloaded win scp but don't understand how to use this to ssh my files to itunes

i believe i am in explorer mode
    on a screen with a port # etc

thanks,
    Steve