Thread: Is there parental settings for The Grand Theft Auto 4

Feedback Score

Is there parental settings for The Grand Theft Auto 4

I was wondering if you could tone down the blood or remove the cursing? The reason I'm asking is because I would like to surprise my son with a playstation 3 the grand theft auto game. I saw a video on the internet that has a video of the main character having sex with a prostitute, not sure the mrs. will approve of that. does anyone know?

Feedback Score
    No I dont think there is a way. There is no actual sex shown, but there are strippers. You can see some humping... But your sons gota learn some way lol. Im 16. I played Vice city when I was 14? I think forget how long ago it was out.

Phones
    CrackBerry 8130 (Pearl 2)
    LG Chocolate, Razr v3c, Treo 650
    Samsung a900, a680
    Carrier
    Sasktel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda
    I was wondering if you could tone down the blood or remove the cursing? The reason I'm asking is because I would like to surprise my son with a playstation 3 the grand theft auto game. I saw a video on the internet that has a video of the main character having sex with a prostitute, not sure the mrs. will approve of that. does anyone know?
    yup the mature rating on the box
    although i remember playing gta 1 at a friend's house when i was in grade 3
    no sex but for its time it was pretty nasty

how old is your son if he's like 14 or so he's probably heard worse stuff in school than whats on the game, any younger than that i dunno if id buy it for him, no because he can't handle it but because you're wife will choke you if she watches him play it

Feedback Score
    Let me first say that I think it's cool that you care about what your son is playing; not enough parents even know what games their kids have.

...and no, there is not a parental control that I know of. If there is, it probably just won't allow the game to play at all.

If your son is under 15 or 16, this might not be the game for them as it is clearly aimed at a much more mature audience. There are plenty of cool games for the PS3, and personally, I think just getting the system itself and maybe a few age appropriate games would be more than enough to blow his socks off.
    I want to buy your Nokia E7.

HoFo Feedback (9+, 0-)

Feedback Score
    Yeah its a shame that there are no parentel settings for this game, i might have to pass on this game. I heard of a game called assassin kids which is suppose to be a really good game. Maybe a sports game or a fighting game might be good for him.

Phones
    Nokia 5300
    MotoROKR
    Feedback Score
    yea this not a game for kids. if you've read the reviews it's pretty much bordering "adults only" rating. how old is your kid anyway? get him a DS or a Wii instead

Feedback Score
    PS3 has the "cool" factor!

...I can't really think of any games I would want a younger kid to play on the PS3 though

Phones
    3G Iphone
    Nokia n95-3, back up
    K790a, sold
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    get him burnout paradise. if you want a shooter for your son, you cant go wrong with cod4. it is a violent game but its warfare. im having a blast playing this game. one time i stayed up till 4 in the morning playing online

Phone
    IPhone4S 64gb white & BB 9900 & HTC HERO (all current)
    Carriers
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda

there are parental settings in the ps3 system whether that affects the way the game is played is a different story. ill have a look when i go home tonight and post. but like most people have asked. how old is your son?

second you could possibly turn off the audio in the game there are little subtiles that tell you exactly what you have to do. so hes not missing much.

finally the prositute thing if hes under the age of 12 i wouldnt worry about it. u have to pull up to one of them in i think a nice car stop and honk the horn. wait till they come to the car then press L2. now im not saying he cant figure that out but they are only there at night. and u have to find them. another alternative is that there is a cheat to change the time of day u can just keep making it daytime although this would require to u kind of supervise.

all in all i dontthink gta is a bad game not as much as people make it seem. the cursin depending on his age i wouldnt worry about. its on tv its in music its at the schools.

so it all boils down to his age.

but call of duty 4 is a great game and i bet u hed love that.

Phone
    IPhone4S 64gb white & BB 9900 & HTC HERO (all current)
    Carriers
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    just checked parental controls dont affect the game.so ur only option is to turn off the audio in the game

or get the euro version of the game which is apparently toned down somewhat

Phone
    BB 9700
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think it'd be pretty cool if when enabling the parental control, the game actually "BLEEPS" out the swears and stuff.

But in all reality, thats not how the parental controls work.. Yet..