Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB (Black)
    HTC Thunderbolt (Verizon)
    Carriers
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Using a cell phone range extender with the iPhone?

I've had my iPhone for about 4 months, and I've not had many problems with it except for the cutting in and out of signal. I formerly was using the Cingular 8525, which gave me very minimal signal related issues. However, with learning that the iPhone doesn't have wonderful reception capabilities, I'm beginning to get less and less patient with these dropped calls and sometimes the disability to actually make calls due to signal drop offs.

For instance, when I'm out and about in town I very rarely have issues with calls coming out and in because there's usually 4-5 all around me. However, when I come home where I have not so great coverage (2-3 bars in certain places in the house when using the Cingular 8525), my iPhone doesn't always play nice. I've been considering getting a signal booster for my house, but I'm not sure how well it would work. I looked at the following: http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Exten.../dp/B000E14G7S

From the reviews that I've read on it, it appears that it does quite well with the iPhone. I'm wondering if anyone else has had their iPhone signal woes and resorted to an option like this or similar. If so, is this a good product to use, or what would you recommend? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I have one at work, and it seems to boost the signal slightly enough so I can receive rings, but the signal is still too weak to carry on a conversation. Prior to install the extender, I have zero signal, with it, my phone gets 1 bar sometimes, and more often, nothing.

So, your milleage will vary very much, it works, but don't expect miracle.

Feedback Score
    I have a Wi-ex unit, I've had it for over a year now.....it does work, I would say that it cuts out the "dropped calls" 80%, I still have "call failed" messages here and there.
    The Key Factor for the Wi-ex unit is installation. The $240 or so will be a waste if you do not do a proper installation.
    I would STRONGLY recommend downloading the full installation guide and make sure that you can install it per the instructions, otherwise it is a waste.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    These products work the best typically when you have a decent signal outside and a horrible one inside. All it does it take the signal from the outside and brings it inside. So, if you have horrible reception outside, you'll just bring that inside, which some boosting.

Joe

Phones
    Nexus One
    N97 Mini (SOLD)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    there are some good new threads over in the ATT forum about a new repeater or something that you can buy. i think its only 50 bucks. check it out.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Phone
    Mogul
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    A couple people here have bought Wi-Ex from me. I'm a E-Commerce store so anyone can purchase.

The product you wanted: http://www.firefold.com/Products/Wi-...YX500-CEL.aspx

Our whole line: http://www.firefold.com/Categories/Wi-Ex-Products.aspx

We will be a little cheaper and faster then Amazon. Also if there is any issue we quickly will resvole. A hofoer bought a Wi-Ex locally and could just not get it to work - 100% money back.

Email me if you have any questions - Robbie@FireFold.com

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Sanyo Taho , Novatel 4620 MiFi
    Novatel 4620 Hotspot
    Sanyo -Kyocera Taho
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hi - Long Time HoFo Advertiser here .We have many products that work with the iphone . Check out the link below in the signature.
    Check us out In Marketplace Forums For Howard Forums only deals
    WWW.MaximumSignal.Net
    WWW.MaximumSignal.Ca for Canadians
    Cellular Reception Solutions