Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Bell's Retention Thread

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy III
    Carrier(s)
    Telus | Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdholdom
    I still don't believe it. Unlimited 3g data for $35?
    Not available to consumers most of the time, unless grandfathered.
    TELUS Mobility - $50.00 per month (36 Month Term) (Personal)| $300 Port-In Credit
    350 Minutes (per second) | 6pm Eve & Wknds | Unlimited CDN LD | Unlimited SMS | Call Display | Voicemail | 6GB Data

BELL Mobility - $38.00 per month with Bell Bundle (12 Month Term) (Business)
    400 Minutes | 6pm Eve & Wknds | Unlimited Incoming | 500 LD Mins | Call Display

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadCore
    If I add another phone to my account, will the additional phone get the same features like the other 3 phones at the retention discounts? Does that make sense? Thanks.
    Wow, great and useful question. A shame that all these people who know so much in this forum can't answer it.

"Is your problem really your problem, or is your attitude toward your problem the real problem?"Joyce Meyer

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadCore
    Wow, great and useful question. A shame that all these people who know so much in this forum can't answer it.
    Retention NAGs have dire warnings to activating dealer
    Stuff like do not use this code or die (paraphrased of course )

Your best chance of getting new phone is while negotiating the retention offer
    When you tell them that you are thinking of porting over to whoever
    The retention rep gets his stats (by renewing you) and is more than happy to apply discounts to new line as well (which dealer is happy to activate as its an easy sale)

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c
    Retention NAGs have dire warnings to activating dealer
    Stuff like do not use this code or die (paraphrased of course )

Your best chance of getting new phone is while negotiating the retention offer
    When you tell them that you are thinking of porting over to whoever
    The retention rep gets his stats (by renewing you) and is more than happy to apply discounts to new line as well (which dealer is happy to activate as its an easy sale)
    Thanks for replying. I have an extra phone I can activate so a new one is not needed. I am only willing to put the additional phone on under the same deal the other 3 phones have (a retentioned family plan) and sign this phone for the duration of the contract already in place, which expires end of Oct 2009. I am not willing to extend my contract any more than what it is now. Good chance this will happen without issue? Quick call and done?

Device(s)
    Samsung a920
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    So I have exactly 7 months remaining on my 3-year contract, all finished up January 2009.

Here is my current plan 100 PreferredZ Plan (BC Student Union)

100 Daytime Minutes
    Bonus 100 Daytime Minutes 36M
    Early Nights & Weekends 6pm
    Detailed Billing (however I signed up to receive my bill online only) Shave The Planet!
    Unlimited Mobile Browser
    Voicemail
    Caller ID 36M
    100 Canadian Long Distance Minutes (plus an extra 100 for a billing error) = 200 total

Feature Add-on 500 Txt Msg + 50 pic/vid msgs ($5 a month)

Total is $35 + taxes a month

So what I want to know is if I sign another 3 year contract in January what can I expect to get from rententions? I want to keep my 36M features CID and 100 bonus minutes. So that being said, would it be too much to ask for Free incoming and Unlimited Txt, pic, vid msgs? Or is that reasonable to sign away another 3 years of my mobile life?

The biggest problem I face wih signing another 3 year contract is that I travel out of the country a lot, currently I'm living in LA and will be here for another 4 months, so I'm still paying my bill each month but not using my phone (except txt msgs). And If I decide to pack-up in 2010 or 2011 and head to the UK or Australia for a year then I'm stuck paying a cancellation fee of $400... So I was wondering if there is a seasonal feature which u can add to your phone like Sprint/Nextel has where you can extend your contract by up too 6 months for seasonal travel. Basically you pay $5.95 a month to keep your number and it extends your contract and plan while you are away, and you don't have to pay your regular usage charges until you retun and re-activate the account.

Anyways if anyone could give me a bit of advice on what to do it would be greatly appreciated. I have no problem waiting until my contract is up, I just want to know what are my options in advance.. maybe I should just continue MTM? Thanks for your help in advance, cheers.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy III
    Carrier(s)
    Telus | Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SS_VS_BB
    So I have exactly 7 months remaining on my 3-year contract, all finished up January 2009.

Here is my current plan 100 PreferredZ Plan (BC Student Union)

100 Daytime Minutes
    Bonus 100 Daytime Minutes 36M
    Early Nights & Weekends 6pm
    Detailed Billing (however I signed up to receive my bill online only) Shave The Planet!
    Unlimited Mobile Browser
    Voicemail
    Caller ID 36M
    100 Canadian Long Distance Minutes (plus an extra 100 for a billing error) = 200 total

Feature Add-on 500 Txt Msg + 50 pic/vid msgs ($5 a month)

Total is $35 + taxes a month

So what I want to know is if I sign another 3 year contract in January what can I expect to get from rententions? I want to keep my 36M features CID and 100 bonus minutes. So that being said, would it be too much to ask for Free incoming and Unlimited Txt, pic, vid msgs? Or is that reasonable to sign away another 3 years of my mobile life?

The biggest problem I face wih signing another 3 year contract is that I travel out of the country a lot, currently I'm living in LA and will be here for another 4 months, so I'm still paying my bill each month but not using my phone (except txt msgs). And If I decide to pack-up in 2010 or 2011 and head to the UK or Australia for a year then I'm stuck paying a cancellation fee of $400... So I was wondering if there is a seasonal feature which u can add to your phone like Sprint/Nextel has where you can extend your contract by up too 6 months for seasonal travel. Basically you pay $5.95 a month to keep your number and it extends your contract and plan while you are away, and you don't have to pay your regular usage charges until you retun and re-activate the account.

Anyways if anyone could give me a bit of advice on what to do it would be greatly appreciated. I have no problem waiting until my contract is up, I just want to know what are my options in advance.. maybe I should just continue MTM? Thanks for your help in advance, cheers.
    Mobility is the only service without a seasonal disconnect.

Device(s)
    Samsung a920
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up about the seasonal disconnect, any idea if they will ever add one? What about for what I want from retentions? Is it reasonable to ask for? Just keep what I have and add Free incoming and Unlimited txt/pic/vid msgs? Or should I consider porting to Telus or Rogers? Thanks again

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up about the seasonal disconnect, any idea if they will ever add one? What about for what I want from retentions? Is it reasonable to ask for? Just keep what I have and add Free incoming and Unlimited txt/pic/vid msgs? Or should I consider porting to Telus or Rogers? Thanks again
    Actually that is totally not true
    As long as you are not on contract (30 day terms) you can temporarily suspend service anytime with a phone call
    There is a fee to maintain line (& #) but its very low

Device(s)
    Samsung a920
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    So as long as I'm not longer on contract I can suspend my service while I travel, any idea what the price per month would be to do that? I would call customer service myself bu I'm in LA and don't dare to use my phone, roaming charges are insane! Also I was wondering if anyone would know if retentions would do a shorter renewal period? I have no problem paying a higher price for a new phone, but can't guarantee I will be in the country for longer then another year, therefore if I were to call into rententions at the end of my contract and said "Here, I'm willing to sign a 1-year or 2-year contract and I will pay the difference it my HUP bu I want Free incoming added to my contract for doing so" would that be acceptable? Cheers

Device(s)
    Samsung a920
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have an answer to that last post?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8100 Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have an answer to that last post?
    Yes. Retentions would. Call them.

1-800-667-ROAM (call from a landline phone if you don't want to pay roaming charges).
    Sammy740: It's ironically called BlueChips...something Bell isn't.
    Bell's new marketing slogan: Over promise, Under deliver.
    "System Access Fees are charged by all wireless companies to help pay for the network and the ongoing software, technology and other upgrades to that network. Generally, the higher the fee, the greater the opportunity to invest in network quality to enhance your experience. Just one more reason to choose Bell. "

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl (8130)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    So as long as I'm not longer on contract I can suspend my service while I travel, any idea what the price per month would be to do that? I would call customer service myself bu I'm in LA and don't dare to use my phone, roaming charges are insane! Also I was wondering if anyone would know if retentions would do a shorter renewal period? I have no problem paying a higher price for a new phone, but can't guarantee I will be in the country for longer then another year, therefore if I were to call into rententions at the end of my contract and said "Here, I'm willing to sign a 1-year or 2-year contract and I will pay the difference it my HUP bu I want Free incoming added to my contract for doing so" would that be acceptable? Cheers

you mentioned before you are on a corporate rate plan.. there are some plans that you can only take 3 yr terms with them (the agreement your company would have made with bell.. not bell forcing it). so depending on what your terms are you may not be able to go lower that 3 yr. you will have to call in to get the info on that though.

while you are off contract you can temp suspend the line for about $7-$15 a month.. this is also something you will have to call in to get the info with.

also about renewing a corporate acct you may only be able to get more bonus mins.. so getting unlimited incoming you may not to be able to get for free.. there are very little that we can really discount to corporate plans in retention as you are already getting such a great rate.

still though call in and see what can be offered. each rep may be a little different for offers but we follow the same grid.

hope that helps.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They have a formula for each plan, you dont need to call retentions or anything. Regular CS can give you the answer. Normally its $10 or $7.50 for most plans Ive seen, there are a few exceptions (& thats total cost, no SAF or extra features billed like cd, vm, txt etc)

Feedback Score

Your Cell Phone Plan/ Retention Plan Deals

I called Bell, renewed for 3 yrs. Got the following

200 daytime
    6pm Local Nights & Weekends(unlim)
    10 Nationwide My Faves(includes text)
    Voice Mail
    Caller Id
    Text Messaging 30( unlimited incoming txts)
    Unlimited Email , IM and Internet on my smartphone

$59.7 + Tax= $67.46

What do you guys think? I don't care if I have the best plan of all time, as long as I got a fair deal. I think it's a good plan. Better then an avg plan no?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    200 daytime
    Unlimited 8PM E&W
    VM
    CID
    Unlimited Mobile Browser
    Unlimited Texts
    20 Free Calls

= $22.50/mo + SAF

Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast