Phones
    blackberry 8120
    samsung blackjack 2
    samsung i600 with wifi
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Iphone will not automatically connect to known wifi networks

This is my second iphone and for some reason this one will NOT automatically connect to known networks. no matter what i always have to go in and manually select one. any fix?

Phones
    Samsung d820/e715
    Dash/Wing
    Feedback Score
    Do you have "ask to join networks" turned on or off?

Feedback Score
    it is turned on, but it makes no difference whether i have it on or off.

Feedback Score
    I had that problem when I was on 1.0.2, though my wife's iphone did not on the same firmware. Any way, I updated to 1.1.3 a while back and that fixed the issue for me. Maybe you should try to do a restore?

Phone
    nexus 5
    Carrier
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    >:-,

n810

"I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code"

Feedback Score
    I think Apple really stinks at Wifi or something. Just yesterday, I had both my GF's 8gig and my 8gig side by side in my garage. Her showed 2 bars, mine showed full. I did several power cycles, browsed the same sites, even timed them, as far as time it took to render the same pages.(which were too close to tell which was faster).

Why they are inconsistant is beyond me. The phones are identical.

My other exsperience, is that I bought a Mac Mini about a month ago, in which I also have in my garage(wireless). But it, (non-like my Dell Laptops), it was having issues with signal strength(D-Link). Not only was it somewhat low strength, but it constantly fluctuated(maybe WEP?). So I added another wireless router(Belkin) a bit closer to my garage, but it still has issues, although slightly better performance.(speedtest.net showed 1.5mbps) I grabbed both my Dell XPS M1330 and an older XPS 1710(Vistax86) and tested against both routers versus the Mac...The Dells were capable of 4.5'ish on speedtest(I have 5meg service), and the mac never could get past 1.5....The Mac suffered even more on the uplink compared to the Dells...

I've recently ran into a similar problem as the OP's with my Iphone. In which it would load a page over Wifi once, but that was it, "Could not connect to server"....I could turn Wifi off and back on, hit another page and no more. I tried with both routers with the same result. I ended up just giving the Iphone a static IP, and everything seems to be fine. I checked my routers DHCP config, and tested with other wifi devices, and everything points to the Iphone not holding onto an IP.

I bet if I baught an Apple Airport router, I wouldn't have any of these problems...

Phone
    nexus 5
    Carrier
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    i've been experimenting with an ipod touch, which goes thru the same thing, this site helped me last year http://andrewescobar.com/archive/200...-the-internet/
    but it seems to be down, but from it is this:

*change iPhone’s Wi-Fi DNS Settings to Connect to the Internet*

his page suggests changing to a public DNS server.

I just did that at the library, and it worked.

1. Forgot network (an option in the WiFi setup).

2. Turned OFF the iPod Touch by holding power button on top down until the red slider appeared, and then slid to off.

3. Restarted, waited as Apple appeared on screen

3. Waited for the network to reappear. Entered to public DNS server in place of one provided by network router. That's ip Address 208.67.222.222

4. Started Safari

5. Was no longer blocked by error message and went right out to Yahoo -

Feedback Score
    The wifi works no problem, BUT i need to connect manually. like if i go out and come back home, before it would automatically get my e-mails and all that crap. but now i have to actually go in and select my network anytime i wanna use it.

Phone
    nexus 5
    Carrier
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domenico_169
    The wifi works no problem, BUT i need to connect manually. like if i go out and come back home, before it would automatically get my e-mails and all that crap. but now i have to actually go in and select my network anytime i wanna use it.

THAT way is the safest way!, what if you went home, & you "automatically" connected to another network other than your own in the neighborhood, with a packet sniffer on it?, manually selecting is the safest way indeed.

Feedback Score
    why would i want to manually connect to my known networks all the time? If i pull up to my house, i want it to connect to it automatically. same thing goes for when im at work or at a friends/family.