Thread: enV2 Charger Compatability

Feedback Score

enV2 Charger Compatability

I'm looking to get a car charger for my new Env2, but most of the sites that are not Verizon haven't updated for the Env2 yet. Does anyone know any other LG models (ie Venus, Voyager, Chocolate) that use the same type of charger as the Env2?

Carrier
    nTelos
    Feedback Score
    Buy a charger for the RAZR2, it uses the same microUSB connection.

Feedback Score

Do NOT use a RAZR2 charger with enV2!

I went to a Verizon store and they gave me a RAZR2 charger for my enV2, yes, it fits, but ever since I have gotten the charger there is damage to my external screen on the phone. There is a little black line of "dead pixils" on the external screen that first appeared when i started using the charger and gets bigger and bigger the more I use it. I plan on returning the charger later today and getting an LG brand charger rather than a Motorola charger.

Luckily for me, I have been having problems with my enV2 lately and a new phone is being shipped to me. However, I did not mention this problem to the associate I spoke to on the phone because I did not put 2 and 2 together until after I had called them. I am going to notify verizon of this problem and send them copies of my reciepts when I send the phone back.

Phone
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carriers
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phatchamp
    I'm looking to get a car charger for my new Env2, but most of the sites that are not Verizon haven't updated for the Env2 yet. Does anyone know any other LG models (ie Venus, Voyager, Chocolate) that use the same type of charger as the Env2?
    The enV2 uses MicroUSB as does the Dare.

The Voyager and Chocolate use a propritary LG connector.

My brother is using a Mini-B to MicroUSB adapter (purchased at T-Mobile store), to re-use his Moto adapters from his Razr/V3M with his enV2.

I'm doing the same with my Dare and Razr2/V9M.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Phone
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've used a Motorola microUSB charger with an enV2.

No damage.
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Phones
    LG enV3 Slate Blue
    LG enV2 Black
    LG enV Orange
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clydefrog4963
    I went to a Verizon store and they gave me a RAZR2 charger for my enV2, yes, it fits, but ever since I have gotten the charger there is damage to my external screen on the phone. There is a little black line of "dead pixils" on the external screen that first appeared when i started using the charger and gets bigger and bigger the more I use it. I plan on returning the charger later today and getting an LG brand charger rather than a Motorola charger.

Luckily for me, I have been having problems with my enV2 lately and a new phone is being shipped to me. However, I did not mention this problem to the associate I spoke to on the phone because I did not put 2 and 2 together until after I had called them. I am going to notify verizon of this problem and send them copies of my reciepts when I send the phone back.
    Dead pixels have nothing to do with the charger...

The Dare also uses MicroUSB.

Phones
    LG VX9100 env2
    old LG VX8300
    old Nokia 3120
    Carrier
    VW
    Feedback Score
    Agreed, it seems unlikely that dead pixels could be the result of the charger. I use a generic cigarette lighter to USB adapter and a generic microUSB cable with no problems. That way, I can also use the cable for file transfer, flashing the firmware etc, plus it's cheaper than any dedicated car charger.