Thread: Hyper sim

Feedback Score

Hyper sim

Can someone explain to me what a hyper sim is and what is does?

Device(s)
    DoCoMo S0905iCS White, HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers 3G
    Feedback Score
    hyper sim is a plastic chip that is a sim card shape. what you do is you put ur sim card on top of the hyper sim and insert it into the phone. and then it will trick the phone into thinking that it has a docomo or softbank sim card in there so u can use the phone.

SE: T200, T237, K750i/W800i, w900, K800i (x2), w300, w600, z710i/w710, M600i, W810i, K790a, W580, T650i, W760i, W980i
    Apple: iPhone 8GB (x3), iPhone 3G 16GB White
    HTC: TyTn II, Cruise, Touch HD (x3), G1, Magic
    DoCoMo: SE SO905iCS (x2)
    SoftBank: HTC X01HT (x2), Samsung 707SC, Sharp 904sh
    Nokia: N95 8GB, Nokia E71-2, Nokia N79-3

Heatware: marktang

Feedback Score
    but can u call with ur local provider then?

Device(s)
    White Iphone 3gs 16gig
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    >_> thats really the main point of using a hypersim...lol to trick the phone into thinking its a softbank/docomo sim so you can use your phone as a phone instead of a expensive paper weight.

So yes you can make a call with your local provider. Unless it doesn't have the same band...I.E. you would need 1900 or 850 for it to be usable in Canada etc.
    Contrary to popular belief I'm not really obsessed or in love with tofu as a food, sure its good and all but I'm not in love with it. Someone else typed this name for me when I was registering >_>

ps. For future reference just qoute me as Tofu instead of the whole name....sounds too cheesy LOL

Feedback Score
    ok, thank you very much!!

Feedback Score
    i'm aware there are lots of hypersims available in the market...they priced the less 'stable' hypersim at a cheaper rate and vice versa...

but may i know the term 'unstable' that they meant? unstable in what sense? the hypersim might condemn your sim card?

Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    you need to buy them online and then cut the edges of your sim card !
    there are many tutorials on youtube and such (:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji006 View Post
    Can someone explain to me what a hyper sim is and what is does?
    Hi,

HYPERSIM is the only real-time digital simulator with the power to simulate and analyze very large-scale power systems with more than 2000 three-phase buses. It is used for factory acceptance and system integration testing, as well as for R&D works and commissioning tests.
    This solution relies on open architecture, high-speed parallel processing and modular scalability to deliver standard real-time simulators designed to meet the evolving needs of the most demanding utilities and manufacturers.
    Its intuitive and convenient interface allows engineers – within a single day – to create complex power system topologies and tackle operational and reliability issues.

For more information:
    go to OPAL-RT TECHNOLOGY's website.

Beatrice