Phones
    HTC Desire Z
    HTC Google Nexus One
    HTC Tilt 2 (Sold)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Does AT&T charge for MMS data?

If you don't have a data plan and you send an MMS, does AT&T charge for the data transmitted?

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by petard
    If you don't have a data plan and you send an MMS, does AT&T charge for the data transmitted?
    You cannot send or receive multimedia message without at least data as pay per use. You are not charged for data use for sending and receiving multimedia messages. If the message is larger than 300 kilobytes, you are charged $0.50 extra but it is not charged as data. It probably would be under the Overage category just as charges for international voice roaming and international messages are treated in OLAM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phones
    HTC Desire Z
    HTC Google Nexus One
    HTC Tilt 2 (Sold)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thats weired because my sister (both on the same family plan) sent me an MMS a couple days ago and now it shows .14MB in overage on her account.
    This has to be from the MMS because I changed the proxy on her BJII so that it is unable to access the internet other than MMS.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Thats weired because my sister (both on the same family plan) sent me an MMS a couple days ago and now it shows .14MB in overage on her account.
    This has to be from the MMS because I changed the proxy on her BJII so that it is unable to access the internet other than MMS.
    You have to go into the details to check the date and time to see if the data charge and MMS message match. There was something on the AT&T website about charging data if the message had to be resent because of problems with the transmission to AT&T from your phone. If I find it again, I post it in this thread.

Phones
    HTC Desire Z
    HTC Google Nexus One
    HTC Tilt 2 (Sold)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I checked, and its the same exact date and time for the data and message. I even just checked the browser right now, it says remote party has ended session whenever i try going to a webpage.
    I did this by changing the proxy her BlackJack II to ireless.cingular.com instead of Wireless.cingular.com but in the MMS setting you still have to specify a proxy and it is the Wireless.cingular.com one, so it shouldn't be affected by the switch to the Windows Mobile settings since the MMS application uses its own settings.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I checked, and its the same exact date and time for the data and message. I even just checked the browser right now, it says remote party has ended session whenever i try going to a webpage.
    I did this by changing the proxy her BlackJack II to ireless.cingular.com instead of Wireless.cingular.com but in the MMS setting you still have to specify a proxy and it is the Wireless.cingular.com one, so it shouldn't be affected by the switch to the Windows Mobile settings since the MMS application uses its own settings.
    Changing the proxy to an invalid value without changing the Access Point could allow the connection without proxy, which is what the Express or Proxyless connection uses. Not having the proxy just prevents a connection to the MEdia Net Home Page.

Check to see if the attempt to reach a web page used any data.

Phones
    HTC Desire Z
    HTC Google Nexus One
    HTC Tilt 2 (Sold)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri
    Changing the proxy to an invalid value without changing the Access Point could allow the connection without proxy, which is what the Express or Proxyless connection uses. Not having the proxy just prevents a connection to the MEdia Net Home Page.

Check to see if the attempt to reach a web page used any data.
    The attempt uses no data and says the remote part has ended the session. The MMS application ignores what proxy is set in Windows Mobile because you specify your own in it.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The attempt uses no data and says the remote part has ended the session. The MMS application ignores what proxy is set in Windows Mobile because you specify your own in it.
    Change the MEdia Net Access Point Name to something invalid. Applications not using the browser could still connect with no proxy.