Phones
    LG enV2 VX9100
    LG Decoy
    Razr V3M (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDaddyo
    how are you transferring files? I thought BitPim was the only way?
    Pics, flix, and mp3's can all be transfered by putting the micro SD card in a reader or USB cable to phone and menu-9-2-9 to enable USB Mass Storage mode.

Phone
    LG EnV-2 VX9100
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok boys and girls I got my replacement data cable from iTrimming today for my Env2. I am pleased to report it works finally. The phone was recognized by the computer and it shows as charging. The cable saga has come to an end.

For anyone interested the sku# on this cable at iTrimming was 6238A. All I can say is the one I got worked and it has a big white sticker on the cable portion that says made in China with some other numbers 07230-0817662. I have no idea if those numbers actually mean anything. So good luck peeps we finally have a winner in the Chinese cable lottery!...

Phone
    LG en v 9900
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by piercedtiger
    Pics, flix, and mp3's can all be transfered by putting the micro SD card in a reader or USB cable to phone and menu-9-2-9 to enable USB Mass Storage mode.
    Exactly. If BitPim does not work, why the need for a data cable?
    Hy-Tek... other than charging the phone, what else is the cable for? You returned your original cable to them first?
    Thanks

Phone
    LG EnV-2 VX9100
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hy-Tek... other than charging the phone, what else is the cable for? You returned your original cable to them first?
    Thanks
    You can still use the cable to add files thru the USB bulk storage and music thru the Verizon Music Manager software. Not it's not just a charger dude. You don't need BitPim and a GUI for everything just for tweaking but it is a lot easier with it. There are manual ways around BitPim just depends on what you are trying to do.

Nope they did not ask me to return the original cable. There would be no point anyway it didn't work and nobody was going to rewire a $5 cable and resell it.

*update* I transferred some mp3s to the data card via USB Mass Storage function and the phone recognized and was able to play them so data transfer works with this cable confirmed.
    Last edited by hy_tek; 06-09-2008 at 05:14 PM.

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    LG enV3 VX9200 (retired)
    LG VX9100 env2 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hy_tek
    Ok boys and girls I got my replacement data cable from iTrimming today for my Env2. I am pleased to report it works finally. The phone was recognized by the computer and it shows as charging. The cable saga has come to an end.

For anyone interested the sku# on this cable at iTrimming was 6238A. All I can say is the one I got worked and it has a big white sticker on the cable portion that says made in China with some other numbers 07230-0817662. I have no idea if those numbers actually mean anything. So good luck peeps we finally have a winner in the Chinese cable lottery!...

I too have a replacement cable coming from Eforcity they didn't ask me to send the old one back they are just sending out a replacement cable. I have tracking number and I should have it tomorrow. I hope I have the correct cable this go around.
    Thanks
    because BitPim WILL work I'd rather not re-enter all of my contacts and send myself 100 text messages with all my ringtones on them and "save as ringtone"
    **** it go big or go home

Phones
    LG enV2 VX9100
    LG Decoy
    Razr V3M (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks

The SD reader built into my desktop was unable to read SDHC cards so it was either buy another reader or USB cable for the phone so I can charge it, do DUN, or whatever else if/when bitpim works.

Phone
    LG VX9100 enV2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Bought my first cable from itrimming and it does not work. Just kept getting "power surge" and "unknown device" errors on usb port. Then bought a cable from dwoodsz on ebay and it works fine ($10). itrimming is sending a replacement, will report if it works or not when I get it.

Phones
    LG VX9100 env2
    old LG VX8300
    old Nokia 3120
    Carrier
    VW
    Feedback Score
    For a cheap cable that works, see here

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

env2 Driver

Here is a link to the driver that works with any cable that ask you to install the drivers.

Click Here
    The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
    You have to work to be successful.

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    LG enV3 VX9200 (retired)
    LG VX9100 env2 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GyverGear
    Here is a link to the driver that works with any cable that ask you to install the drivers.

Click Here
    its not the drivers people are having problems with its the ****** *** china cables that we are getting sold that get HOT and do not charge the phone, and Windows does not recognize the phone.

but im sure some people who dont already have the drivers will appreciate the link.
    -=Jason=-

Phones
    LG VX-9100 Env2
    Motorola V710
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by diab0liK
    Yeah, these are available at T-Mobile Retail Stores for $4.99....this has been widely covered, but for some reason (I guess the absurd length of the 9100 thread) a lot of people are still unaware.

At T-Mobile it's sold under the guise of a "Razr 2 Charging Adapter"...$4.99 + tax
    Thanks for the tip, I bought one today and it would appear to work. The phone is charging and windows prompts for a driver. Now I'm trying to find a driver.

Cheers,
    Aaron

Edit: I just noticed the post from gyvergear about drivers. I'll have to check that out later.
    Last edited by fatespeaks; 06-19-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    LG enV3 VX9200 (retired)
    LG VX9100 env2 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fatespeaks
    Thanks for the tip, I bought one today and it would appear to work. The phone is charging and windows prompts for a driver. Now I'm trying to find a driver.

Cheers,
    Aaron

Edit: I just noticed the post from gyvergear about drivers. I'll have to check that out later.
    Aaron, go to verizonwireless.com search for music downloader program. it will install drivers for the phone.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flomaster
    its not the drivers people are having problems with its the ****** *** china cables that we are getting sold that get HOT and do not charge the phone, and Windows does not recognize the phone.

but im sure some people who dont already have the drivers will appreciate the link.
    -=Jason=-

Thats not good at all.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flomaster
    Aaron, go to verizonwireless.com search for music downloader program. it will install drivers for the phone.
    Nope! Its name is V Cast Music Manager.

http://www.vzam.net/vcastmusic/

Phones
    LG VX-9100 Env2
    Motorola V710
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Arrow

flowmaster and f38urry,

Thanks for the info on V Cast Music Manager. I had been trying to find an install of VzAccess Manager for the vx9100 with no success, assuming that would have the correct drivers. I installed VCMM last night, though I clicked cancel on the Music Manager install portion. The certified-drivers are installed. Now to get bitpim working, though that is a topic for a different thread.

To summarize, LG VX9100 enV2 can be connected to a Windows XP system via USB for data transfer and battery charging with the following components:
    1. USB A to mini-B cable (You can find these anywhere, I used a Blackberry cable)
    2. USB mini-B(f) to micro-B adapter (Tougher to find, I used a Razr 2 Charging Adapter from T-Mobile for $4.99 plus tax)
    3. Drivers (Packaged with V-Cast Music Manager from VerizonWireless.com)

I tested this on a system with USB 1.1 and another system with USB 2.0. Both were Windows XP SP2. Drivers were not required for charging. The USB host port must supply power for charging, this likely excludes bus-powered hub's and may exclude some laptops and other computers.

Cheers,
    Aaron

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast