Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: In-depth: How do we fight the fakes/clones?

In a bunker with an assortment of tin foil hats.
    Device(s)
    Bold 9000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by netslave
    quality once vs a cluster fxxx of wasted time.
    Absolutely.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilIsInTheDetails
    "Fanboy" and "hater" are irritatingly similar. Primarily tossed around as a defense mechanism when one's opinion is challenged or made to appear invalid.

Device(s)
    Dell Streak 2.2
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

Don't hate clones

Quote Originally Posted by skatistic888
    I've been wondering..Is it not possible to have a sticky where we list the fake/clone phones we come across on ebay (or somewhere else)? In this way, we can have a place where all the fake/clone information is stored and we can report them much faster to the authorities. I report every one of them when I see them on ebay but I believe it'd be more effective if we were to take collective action.

8600 is already cloned, not to mention the Arte clones already started to pop.

Just recently, CI've come across some info on the fake Siroccos (most of which is gold). Apparently, these guys don't even use original 8800s (and convert them) anymore. They can use Nokia 6111s and flash them to look like a Sirocco. Consequently, *#0000# brings back RM-165 and everything else checks out. That's why you can find a gold Sirocco for so much less nowadays.

There's got to be something we can do!

It's funny that this clown wants to blow the wistle on clones clones help to improve phones by giving people what they want cheaper. If you got 600 to spend on new phone u would not be crying here in a hackers forums . Remember u get what u pay for. You will not stop us for nosing phones and customizeing them it's the firer if it's so bad bring down prices of phones so everyone can have them that's my opinion thanks for listenning lol

Device(s)
    Htc Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint now network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmixx241
    It's funny that this clown wants to blow the wistle on clones
    Nothing funny about being passionate about something he likes.

clones help to improve phones by giving people what they want cheaper.
    But if you dont know any better,all you get is all show and no go !

If you got 600 to spend on new phone u would not be crying here in a hackers forums . Remember u get what u pay for. You will not stop us for nosing phones and customizeing them it's the firer if it's so bad bring down prices of phones so everyone can have them that's my opinion thanks for listenning lol
    This is beyond retarded and i will not leave a comment

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1550303

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G [s] 16GB white
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers-Canada's Wireless Leader
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's funny that this clown wants to blow the wistle on clones clones help to improve phones by giving people what they want cheaper. If you got 600 to spend on new phone u would not be crying here in a hackers forums . Remember u get what u pay for. You will not stop us for nosing phones and customizeing them it's the firer if it's so bad bring down prices of phones so everyone can have them that's my opinion thanks for listenning lol
    that is totally the wrong way to look at it, im sorry but I don't agree with you. The way I see it, is if you can't afford a $600 phone, buy something in your price range that you can afford, that works the way it's supposed to. Don't be a poser, by a fake piece of crap that you're going to hate.Many of the fakes are triband also, so they may get terrible RF as well. If not getting reception is worth being a poser, then your prioritites are just messed IMO

/rant
    Apple: iPhone 2g 8GB x2, iPhone 3G 16GB x2, iPhone 16GB 3G [s] iPhone 32GB 3G [s] CURRENT
    SE W910i x2, SE W610i, SEW810i x3, SE W580i, SE Z710i, SE K750i, w200a, w600i, k790a, K550i
    BB Pearl, BB Curve, BB 8110, BB Storm 9530
    Samsung D807, u600 x2
    Nokia 6820, 3220, E71
    LG TU500, LG TG800, LG VU TU915
    Moto Razr V9, RAZR V3i x2, V3x, V3xx, V3 x2, Moto A780, RIZR Z3
    HTC Touch x3, HTC s710, HTC S621 x2, Fuze, Dream

1,000th post - Jan 14th, 2009. 11:20pm

HoFo Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

Device(s)
    Nokia 8800 Sirocco Edition
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sadly, a search on ebay for '8800 sapphire arte' does not return even a single authentic product as of today. what's sadder is that they are listed as 'authentic'.

if you knew what you were getting into, then it'd at least be ok in my book. but this is just plain wrong. then again, if anyone thinks what they're getting for ~100 bucks is gonna be anywhere near the real deal in terms of quality, oh well....

I can't even begin to waste my time with commenting on the post which suggests that clones somehow improve the quality of cellphones overally..genius, how could we not see that? I don't think N97 or N8 would ever see the light of day if it wasn't for the chinese n98 and n99!

Feedback Score
    Is it not possible to have a sticky where we list the fake/clone phones we come across on ebay (or somewhere else)? In this way, we can have a place where all the fake/clone information is stored and we can report them much faster to the authorities. I report every one of them when I see them on ebay but I believe it'd be more effective if we were to take collective action.

8600 is already cloned, not to mention the Arte clones already started to pop.

Just recently, I've come across some info on the fake Siroccos (most of which is gold). Apparently, these guys don't even use original 8800s (and convert them) anymore.

Feedback Score
    It is really obvious on the quality and the weight I guess.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6