Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: UL wap billing thread

Feedback Score
    Put aside the bill. It is now best to take it to media and bring attention to the public and have the public grill them real good. Look how much bad publicity Bell got over throttling

$22000 on a phone bill? on how many megs of data?

"CRACKBERRY" Webster's 2006 word of the year
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=391655

Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO for Canada
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtomtom
    Put aside the bill. It is now best to take it to media and bring attention to the public and have the public grill them real good. Look how much bad publicity Bell got over throttling

$22000 on a phone bill? on how many megs of data?
    tell me about it. the cost of a new car, for a few hundred mbs of data... with no warning as the bill got higher and higher... and the thought that its possible a fido rep sold them with dreams of unlimited usage (minus all the stupid fine print to catch the customer).

Why dont we get some contact info from those who have had high bills and get the media involved. If you want anyone can PM me the contact info and I can get it to my colleagues (I work in the media ) While there are some reps (on here mostly) that do know the rules of the plans and sell them as such, there were many that either just wanted to make a sale or didnt have the proper training (in both cases, fido is at fault). and at the same time, the story can educate the others as to the actual rules and fine print to watch out for.

the bad publicity really scares the public to think more than twice before going to that company. I know many who look at bell as scammers (even tho they dont even know half of the story... they just heard a bit of the headline and made their opinion) Rogers/Fido should be careful with this stuff. You can buy millions of dollars in ads and wreck it all with one bad news story.
    My Plans (Rogers): Biz Share Flex $80 (unlim stuff w 4gig) + $35 second line.

Device(s)
    Nok6300
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by partyfavor
    I think there is a little split here among customers and employees. the employees on this forum (maybe not all) are smirking at the bill and saying I told you so bla bla bla... and I agree that the customers on ho-fo DO KNOW better and if they get a bill, f' em =)

BUT there are probably a ton of ppl that dont come to any forum for info, and just walked into the store (or called in).... those ppl may have been sold a fido jack with the unlim plan (or some misinformation like that) and are going to see these bills.... you need to have some type of sympathy for them and cant call them scammers or stupid customers. (they dont go into all the fine print all day long, its the CSRs job to give them the right info). they definitely should be credited properly, but then they know better from here on in AND the csrs should know better for selling them an incompatible plan.

it does go two ways in many cases here. you cant defend the bill and laugh in the customers face. much of the issue was fido reps not knowing the proper rules (and then fido not billing the usage for two+ months). yes, there are some that actually know but dont listen or imei scam but that is a super small minority of the customers.

one of these days fido and rogers will send out a 22K bill to a business lawyer, and find themselves in some real hot water.
    Don't worry, every single customer who bought a windows mobile device and subscribed to an unlimited surfing option/valuepack including it have been contacted already..

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9380
    Carrier(s)
    Fido..I like the dog promos.
    Feedback Score
    when i switched over from rogers a few years back i didnt sign a contract just wanted a sim card for my unlocked phone and a monthly package with fido...the CSR simply asked for my drivers license number (no credit cards) and said I had a $600 limit, if my bill ever reached $600 my service would be cut off. im sure people could ask for this

Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO for Canada
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bpacheco6
    when i switched over from rogers a few years back i didnt sign a contract just wanted a sim card for my unlocked phone and a monthly package with fido...the CSR simply asked for my drivers license number (no credit cards) and said I had a $600 limit, if my bill ever reached $600 my service would be cut off. im sure people could ask for this
    im sure they could... but who thinks they need to put a limit on their account when they never go over their minutes and have a $7 unlimited browser option? theyd never expect that 7 bux to grow to 22K. in these cases, both parties point the finger at each other.

Device(s)
    BLACKBERRY BOLD
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by partyfavor
    tell me about it. the cost of a new car, for a few hundred mbs of data... with no warning as the bill got higher and higher... and the thought that its possible a fido rep sold them with dreams of unlimited usage (minus all the stupid fine print to catch the customer).

Why dont we get some contact info from those who have had high bills and get the media involved. If you want anyone can PM me the contact info and I can get it to my colleagues (I work in the media ) While there are some reps (on here mostly) that do know the rules of the plans and sell them as such, there were many that either just wanted to make a sale or didnt have the proper training (in both cases, fido is at fault). and at the same time, the story can educate the others as to the actual rules and fine print to watch out for.

the bad publicity really scares the public to think more than twice before going to that company. I know many who look at bell as scammers (even tho they dont even know half of the story... they just heard a bit of the headline and made their opinion) Rogers/Fido should be careful with this stuff. You can buy millions of dollars in ads and wreck it all with one bad news story.

Yep and in the end it will be spun and Rogers/Fido won't sound soo bad. Plus the whole big cell phone bill has already been done. No one will really pay attention this time.

FYI: make sure you split CSR's from Store Reps. CSR's do not make anything from the sales they do mutiple times a day.

Store Reps do get make money.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvrbo
    Don't worry, every single customer who bought a windows mobile device and subscribed to an unlimited surfing option/valuepack including it have been contacted already..
    Not this customer.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE: fido called him today, the whole amount (data) was credit back to the account and he got a warming about the option and non-fido handsets.

Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO for Canada
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gladman
    Not this customer.
    hehehe. man they (fogers) really did cause a mess for themselves didnt they =)

they couldve kept it real simple and had an open 'data is data' policy like before, yet have soft caps for the usage on the one unlimited plan they carry.

People would be told right up front that browser only should never use more than XX amount per month on average, so thats ur softcap. Use it however you like, just know that we could flag your account if your using it for other things and going well above normal usage. easy as pie. non fido, third party, whatever, all works, but at a low level of usage.

Then have other plans that are for higher usage and just simply state the data amount (50mb pack, 500mb pack, 1gig pack) and make the prices reasonable. People would pay, no scammers, no surprises, no confused customers and reps. done. I cant even imagine what the iphone plan will be.. im sure it will include certain things, but not others... and users will again rack up a high bill for using their unlimited iphone plan (that isnt really unlimited).

But instead, they offer all this fake unlimited crap (unlimited BROWSER ONLY, unlimited email ON THESE ACCOUNTS ONLY, unlimited telenav that TAKES YOUR DATA FOR MAPS, etc...) Its no wonder people are getting pissed and starting to look for ways to fool the system. We keep hearing of the loophole with rogers bb email (using opera etc...) and ppl 'scamming' there, but I dont here anyone trying to scam the $30 unlim telus deal... its a decent price, decent value, ppl are ok to pay for it.

Device(s)
    mtl k1 red
    Carrier(s)
    rogers
    Feedback Score
    Well, Fido has already got on the situation and anyone who has unusually high usage on thier account specifically linked to data usage is getting a call from a group who are there to educate and help people with the rules on surfing and data usage. They are part of the Customer Relations team

Feedback Score
    Fido giving lessons on how to surf the mobile internet?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    one of these days fido and rogers will send out a 22K bill to a business lawyer, and find themselves in some real hot water.
    No we won't. The policy shawntdot mentioned that protects customer would stop anything serious from ever occuring(I'm guessing that is why it was done). As an example, the results of the policy:

UPDATE: fido called him today, the whole amount (data) was credit back to the account and he got a warming about the option and non-fido handsets.

Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO for Canada
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekor
    No we won't. The policy shawntdot mentioned that protects customer would stop anything serious from ever occuring(I'm guessing that is why it was done). As an example, the results of the policy:
    dont be so confident in ur companies protection there...

im sure the regular policy in place to credit users will save their *** 99.9% of the time, but there is always that one person who has no problems taking it to them for 'selling' an unlimited plan with fine print that restricts it so much that its no where near unlimited. either by court or media, fido's policy wont be much weight for the public. itll seem like an afterthought just to save themselves to everyone.

i think they've created a large mess, and its gonna get worse with the added restrictions on things like the value pack etc...

Device(s)
    mtl k1 red
    Carrier(s)
    rogers
    Feedback Score
    I don't know how much more clear Fido can be about unlimited wap surfing.... Its like if you take the highway (GPRS) and there is a toll booth... you need to pay. If you choose to take the service road (WAP) it is unlimited.... Do you need more examples?

Device(s)
    BB Bold,Iphone 8GB, BB 8100, BB 8700
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Addo
    I don't quite agree with papapoon.
    Just like credit card companies will flag your account if there is unusually high purchase all of a sudden. This is all done with the intention to protect the customer.
    Its actually done to prevent fraud or take quick action.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast