Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recommend a signal booster/repeater?

Device(s)
    HTC Kaiser
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeman
    i've searched all the forums and from what I've gathered it appears that everyone of the cell phone booster devices ie the freedom blade, the wilson.... you put an antenna outside your house, then you have the booster inside, then you have to have a cable going from the booster to your phone???

Is there anything that works without having to have a cable attatched to your phone..

Like something that just brings the signal in and then repeats it throughout your house??? This is along the lines of what I'm looking for, because i'm looking to get better service for more than one phone at a time...
    The Wi-Ex unit does not require you to have a cable running to your phone. This is exactly what you are looking for. It didn't work so well for me though. Even with the window entry kit there was no way for me to get the antenna outside. With the antenna just inside the window it didnt help. I thought it would because I can make a call with my phone by the window. I just want to be able to walk around without calls dropping. Didnt work though. There is a 30 day money back guarantee so I am rerturning it (I like like 20 minutes from them but I still have to ship it. ). Try it. See if it works for you.
    http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_disp...PROD=YX500-PCS

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus x 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    Wilson signal boost kit.
    If you have an external window, i'd use their gain triband window antenna and not worry about running the cable thru the window frame.

You do need to stretch the antenna cable out on both the external antenna, and the internal antenna, and keep them as far apart as possible... Mount the internal antenna on the celing or somewhere up high.

You do NOT want to have the external antenna mounted INSIDE the house, even close to a window... Someone mentioned a yagi antenna pointed thru the window to a cell tower... thats the only way that the external antenna should be mounted inside, but that assumes you have a t-mobile cell site in a line of sight range from your window.
    Disclaimer: If this is an answer to a TECHNICAL QUESTION, then MY ANSWER is correct, even if its contradicting something that a tech support rep, or anyone else said. I am not giving you the answer YOU WANT, I'll give you the answer I know is CORRECT.
    If this is about CARRIER POLICY, then you should probably be aware that carriers change their policy unexpectedly, and inexplicably. Even if the answer is correct when posted, it could very well be wrong in a day, or week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2