Thread: connect to the internet with laptop using W385 cell phone??

Feedback Score

connect to the internet with laptop using W385 cell phone??

is there a way to connect to the internet on your laptop through by connecting your motorola w385 phone to the laptop? I've read on multiple web sites where you can connect most new phones to the laptop computer for the laptop to have internet access using a data connection cable or bluetooth. I'm just wondering if this is possible with the W385 phone.

Phones
    Motorola Q (Alltel)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It should very well be possible. But, the W385 is only a 1xRTT phone, which means painfully slow internet. Nevertheless, connect the phone with the USB cable, make sure that you have the USB drivers installed, and make sure that it is detected as a USB Modem. Then, set up a DUN connection with the user name "urphonenumber@vzw3g.com"; password "vzw"; phone number #777. Try it out!
    Scott M. in New Mexico

Here's a laugh: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=11989818

Feedback Score
    thanx i got this working by using motorola phone tools V5. Internet on my computer is very slow while it is connected to the w385, it goes at about 1.7KB/s, but the good thing that it is free

Feedback Score
    sorry, how do u set up a DUN connection?

Phones
    Motorola Q (Alltel)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Go to Start>Network Connections. Click on New Network Connection. Click Dial-Up connection. Fill in the blanks. And I would make sure it's free on that W385. Do you have unlimited Mobile Web? If not, they reserve the right to charge $15/MB for data.

Feedback Score
    yea, thanx, i set up a dial up connection and used the login: gnq and password: gnq, and yes it is free. Im on pay on talk Telus and i have an account of $0, and i can access the internet for free at 1KB/second

Feedback Score
    is this possible w/ a us cellular rokr?

Phone
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier
    Alltel 4EVER
    Feedback Score
    How do I do this with boost?

Phone
    W385
    Carrier
    Boost mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have the same problem I need to do this with boost mobile w385. Is this possible?

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    who ever finds out how to do this successfully with the boost mobile w 385 PLEASE send me a private message telling me specifically what you did. please and thank you in advance!