Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to get a copy of all sent and received text messages?

Feedback Score

Is there a way to get a copy of all sent and received text messages?

Is there anyway to get the actual coversation of text messages and not just the number that it was sent to? Does ATT offer this service? I don't know if you can pay to get them or what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Not without a court order. Even with this, I'm sure it would be difficult.

Feedback Score
    I don't even think with a court order it would be possible.

It's crazy for AT&T to store that data, plus a violation of privacy rights (to the extent that we have privacy anymore )

Carrier
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    I was going to make a comment about the rather famous EFF lawsuit over the big globe, but, well...

Phones
    Nokia 918
    Nokia 6160
    Nokia 3360
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What phone are you using?

Can you connect it to a computer and synchronize your e-mail and text messages?

Is there an Phone manager program available for your phone?

PDA phones (at least ones with Windows Mobile) can store text messages (and all information associated with them) as if they were e-mail messages.

For most other phones, there are software packages that let you hook your phone up to your computer and sync or transfer data (like phone numbers, ringtones, e-mail, and text messages) to and from your phone.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Try Dashwire, you can even send a text from a PC that appears to come from your phone.
    http://dashwire.com/
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Phones
    Moto V2
    Moto Z9
    IPhone 4S
    Carrier
    ATTWS
    Feedback Score

Cool

I backed up 35 txt via the USB cable I had with my N75. Using Nokia PC suite. Which had the TXT I send plus what I received.

Phones
    Samsung BlackJack II
    HTC Touch
    Dash
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonix
    Try Dashwire, you can even send a text from a PC that appears to come from your phone.
    http://dashwire.com/
    Yea Sonix is right. We offer a solution that backs up all conversations (via text), either sent or recieved. Going forward you should try it. But in terms of past texts you've either sent or recieved (before downloading Dashwire), we can't help you there.

Good luck
    Dashwire – Free Mobile Phone Backup, Contact Sync, Web Text Messaging, Photo & Video Uploads, and Connection to your Social Networks

Symbian support is coming soon! Click here to be notified when it’s ready: http://dashwire.com/comingsoon.

Are you using the latest version of the Dashwire Mobile client (http://m.dashwire.com)?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I seem to remember some official document from AT&T saying they don't store the data into the text messages beyond sending them across their network. However, considering they allow the NSA/CIA or whoever to have an office at their NOC, you never know.

Joe

Phones
    ATT Tilt 2
    ATT 8925 /Blackberry 8800
    Treo 750/Cingular 8525/8125
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    you are fools to think that att doesn't have copies of your texts somewhere.

please don't be sheep.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gammite
    you are fools to think that att doesn't have copies of your texts somewhere.

please don't be sheep.
    Sure they have it, but why should they go through the expense of getting them to you? Would those wanting those records be willing to pay for the cost of getting them? Than could range from hundreds to thousands!

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK, I thought about it and came up with a solution for those he need transcripts and doesn't have time/resources to get a court order: every time you send or rcv a message just write it down on a legal pad. Problem solved.

You can justify why you should be able to get it directly from At&t but you are still incorrect.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phones
    ATT Tilt 2
    ATT 8925 /Blackberry 8800
    Treo 750/Cingular 8525/8125
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonix
    Sure they have it, but why should they go through the expense of getting them to you? Would those wanting those records be willing to pay for the cost of getting them? Than could range from hundreds to thousands!
    we both know that in a few mouse clicks that corporate can find any text.

believe me. i know.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gammite
    we both know that in a few mouse clicks that corporate can find any text.

believe me. i know.
    And yet that doesn't mean it will happen. And your point would be ???

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    Blackjack II
    V3XX
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Goelz83
    Not without a court order. Even with this, I'm sure it would be difficult.
    EVERY text is stored in a database. There have been plenty of murder cases where thay have gone back months, even years & gotten the messages. Same goes for ALL web data. (searches, websites visited, etc.) You are very naive if you believe otherwise. There have been numerous examples of these kind in the news, and thats only what they report. Just think of what they are doing secretly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast