Thread: Motorola W755 Drivers

Phones
    Motorola W755
    LG enV green
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Motorola W755 Drivers

Got a new Motorola W755 phone. I have MPT 4.0.4A. It appears that there are no USB drivers for the W755. I am new to the Phone forums but am an IT guy and know my way very well around a PC. Can anyone offer help, suggestions, driver locations etc. Would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Phones
    Moto Q
    Motorola KRZR (K1m)
    Many more...
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

First of all v4.04 is way too old. Even 4.56c is no good. You will need the newest which as of now I believe is v5.07a of MPT.
    The Motorola USB Handset Drivers v3.5.0 are the newest as of April 18th and should support the W755. I am pretty sure that was one of the reasons for the update.

Take a look here:

Mod Edit: Link to warez removed
    Last edited by Moderator HF 22; 05-30-2008 at 10:47 PM.

Phones
    Motorola W755
    LG enV green
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help. I downloaded the USB drivers and installed them no problem. I tried downloading the MPT file and the file appears to be corrupt. Telling me it is not a WINZIP file when I try to open it. Any ideas?
    Thanks Again

Phones
    Moto Q
    Motorola KRZR (K1m)
    Many more...
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

The file is fine.
    Either use WinZip v11.2 or I prefer using WinRAR v3.71. It works for sure.
    Not to worry though the file is ok, it has been downloaded 150-200 times, and you will need it.
    Last edited by drkcobra; 05-29-2008 at 01:30 PM.

Phones
    Motorola W755
    LG enV green
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have winzip 11.2 but it didn't like the file. I downloaded WinRar and it was a happy camper ... strange ... anyway I was able to install the software and all is well. I appreciate the help.

Phone
    W755
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I need help, what do I need to transfer ringtones to my Motorola W755, it sounds like you guys figured it out. I have the MPT 5.00 and the Handset USB 3.5.0 Drivers. What could I be missing? Please help!

Phones
    Motorola Q (Alltel)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Use P2KCommander with Motorola Software Update running in the background. Copy your ringtones to the /a/motorola/shared/audio folder.
    Scott M. in New Mexico

Here's a laugh: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=11989818

Phone
    W755
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    what do you mean: with motorola software update running in background? Could you give me a little more info with how to and which versions to run? I am new to the phone modding game, but would like to get some of my own ringtones on my phone.
    thanks

Phone
    W755
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Alright, Figured out the ringtones. Thanks for the help.
    Now I am wondering how you would put games and pictures on.

Phones
    Motorola W755
    LG enV green
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Which version of P2KCommander are you using? I downloaded V4.9E and the *#$*&$ thing won't even run. I am on a Windows XP system

Phone
    W755
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weissmx
    Which version of P2KCommander are you using? I downloaded V4.9E and the *#$*&$ thing won't even run. I am on a Windows XP system
    I have version 4.00 which can be found here: http://www.somelifeblog.com/2007/03/...st-of-p2k.html

the folder to add ringtones is under /brew/mod/myringtones or something like that

It works good for me. I just haven't figured out how to do games or pictures yet because I can not find the right folder in the phone. So if anyone knows how to do that plz help.

Phones
    Motorola W755
    LG enV green
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can someone help me out here. I consider myself to be somewhat intelligent but I can't see to graps this. I have MPT which works just fine. I start that in the "background" and run P2KCommander which fails (version 4.9E). It literally will not start. I run P2Autostart and it does not recognise the phone (W755). What am I missing here?

Phone
    W755
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    wiessmx you should use the one I showed above. What I did was I uninstalled MPT all together, and just installed the 4.00 P2K commander, and it worked perfect with only a couple flaws, that restarting the computer proved to be the solution. let me know if you need further assistance.

Phones
    Omnia i910
    VX10000
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adidasdude1061
    I have version 4.00 which can be found here: http://www.somelifeblog.com/2007/03/...st-of-p2k.html

the folder to add ringtones is under /brew/mod/myringtones or something like that

It works good for me. I just haven't figured out how to do games or pictures yet because I can not find the right folder in the phone. So if anyone knows how to do that plz help.
    Picture go into a/brew/mod/10888
    Videos go into a/brew/mod/10890
    Ringtones go into a/brew/mod/my_ringers

At least that works on my W755 (Verizon)

Phone
    w755
    Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I installed MPT 5.07 and it recognizes my phone, but 4.0 p2k doesn't. Is there a different version I should be using?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast