Device(s)
    SH903(White)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    seriously, the black p906i looks really sexy, especially from this picture
    http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/static/ph...i/html/001.htm

i m still debating if i should get this or the sh906i

improvement from p905i that i found so far: better (higher contrast), and slightly better screen, hidden antenna for the tv, more rounded exterior, change of material (less prone to those annoying fingerprints), ability to support bluetooth devices

the only drawback is the lack of a LED camera light, which is kinda rare in high end phones (with the exception of the iphone which doesnt have any photo LED light either)

Device(s)
    White Iphone 3gs 16gig
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    lol sure the p906i looks nice in that picture but take a look at the guy holding it his hands ugly D: lol

anyways, seeing as how I have a P905i already I don't think I'm willing to cough up another 500 or so for a phone that only has minor improvements over it >.>
    Contrary to popular belief I'm not really obsessed or in love with tofu as a food, sure its good and all but I'm not in love with it. Someone else typed this name for me when I was registering >_>

ps. For future reference just qoute me as Tofu instead of the whole name....sounds too cheesy LOL

Device(s)
    White Sharp SH001
    Carrier(s)
    KDDI AU
    Feedback Score
    Originally I've been wanting the P906i after hearing that it has face recognition for photos, but I'd rather have the LED photo light instead. That was the deal breaker for me

Device(s)
    N95 8GB,Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    !!!!Rogers!!!
    Feedback Score
    id rather have the P905i... otherwise between the P906i n P905i its a few softwear changes and a new housing otherwise why bother getting a P906i...
    Boredom....
    Phones Own(ed)
    HTC Touch, HTC S621,SE P1i, Samsung Blackjack 2,903SH,N95 8GB,iPhone,Moto V3 Razor,SLVR L7,Nokia 3595,Nokia 6101,Nokia 6300, SE W380,SE W350, Sharp 903SH, SE W580

Feedback Score
    I cannot believe such a high-end phone has no photo light, I have had that once with the iphone & I am not having it again.

Device(s)
    SE K700i
    Carrier(s)
    NTT Docomo
    Feedback Score
    I never understood why they didn't have a side-ways menu on the 905. If you're flipping the phone, you may as well flip the interface too! I noticed the awkward feel when I was watching a video on it and had to press left (which is the up-key when the phone is upright) to raise the volume, and up (which is the right-key…) to skip frames.

The phone's still awesome.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    P906i looks pretty sweet especially with side way menu this time
    however, missing a camera flash + very very minor upgrade
    not really worth upgrading from P905i I think...

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G [S] 16GB White (OS 3.12)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawaki_Akira
    seriously, the black p906i looks really sexy, especially from this picture
    http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/static/ph...i/html/001.htm

i m still debating if i should get this or the sh906i

improvement from p905i that i found so far: better (higher contrast), and slightly better screen, hidden antenna for the tv, more rounded exterior, change of material (less prone to those annoying fingerprints), ability to support bluetooth devices

the only drawback is the lack of a LED camera light, which is kinda rare in high end phones (with the exception of the iphone which doesnt have any photo LED light either)
    I'm surprised you mentioned "less prone to fingerprints". Take a look at that nice glossy mirror surface on the P906. That "mirror" is a lot bigger than P905i's glossy surface. I would say it's more prone to fingerprints than anything else. I'm not very excited about 1-SEG since I can't use it anyways and I haven't seen any websites post about having higher contrast (I think it's still 2000:1). The screen is about 0.1" bigger which makes the phone a bit longer than the 905 and the only improvements I think they've made are

1) Face recognition
    2) MicroSD can now be inserted from the exterior of the phone
    3) Phone backlight problem
    4) 0.1" larger screen

In fact, I don't like the P906's keypad. I like the P905i keypad better.

All in all, I don't think I've been put into great loss because I don't have face recognition (I can do just fine with auto focus), I'd rather have photo light instead. I don't mind going through the trouble of opening the battery cover to get the microSD cause I have a 3rd Party FOMA USB cable (so I won't be taking that out a lot). I'm not devastated by the backlight issue (for me it's sufficiently bright even though it could be better) or the extra 0.1" large screen. I think 3.0" screen is good enough as is considering I'm pwning most of the American phones here (I'm satisfied), not to mention larger screen = less batt. life.

Device(s)
    P906i (white)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm DEFINITELY buying one! Should be out soon.

I really like the P905i but I read about the buttons rubbing against the screen, they supposedly fixed that, along with it being slimmer, slightly larger screen, and will have lots of other minor goodies like the video up from 15fps to 30fps.

I also LOVE the F905i/F906i but it still does not have bluetooth!

Device(s)
    White Sharp SH001
    Carrier(s)
    KDDI AU
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by murdoc2k
    I haven't seen any websites post about having higher contrast (I think it's still 2000:1).
    http://panasonic.co.jp/corp/news/off...n080527-5.html

They call their technology to achieve 4000:1 contrast ratio "Mobile Double Contrast AI".

Quote Originally Posted by djdiablo666
    I really like the P905i but I read about the buttons rubbing against the screen, they supposedly fixed that, along with it being slimmer and will have a 5.1mp camera instead of the P905i's 3.2mp. Lots of other minor goodies like the video up from 15fps to 30fps.
    The P905i has a 5.1 Megapixel camera and the 15FPS to 30FPS is only for 1Seg which we can't use anyways.

Device(s)
    P906i (white)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Whoops!

Fixed that part about the camera, brain fart! The 30fps should make a big difference when playing videos that you recorded on the phone versus 15fps. I know my old phone was like that, the X-Cute DV2 has 30fps and the video playback on that thing is unreal.

Device(s)
    White Sharp SH001
    Carrier(s)
    KDDI AU
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djdiablo666
    Whoops!

Fixed that part about the camera, brain fart! The 30fps should make a big difference when playing videos that you recorded on the phone versus 15fps. I know my old phone was like that, the X-Cute DV2 has 30fps and the video playback on that thing is unreal.
    The P905i could already record at 30FPS with a VGA resolution. The whole 15FPS to 30FPS deal is for 1Seg which they call "Mobile Double Speed". It doesn't affect us since we can't use 1Seg anyways.

The P906i is just a minor update to the P905i.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakukojin
    The P905i could already record at 30FPS with a VGA resolution. The whole 15FPS to 30FPS deal is for 1Seg which they call "Mobile Double Speed". It doesn't affect us since we can't use 1Seg anyways.

The P906i is just a minor update to the P905i.
    So you are saying the P906i basically isn't worth the upgrade over the P905i?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Super Chimp:
    I wont upgrade it but wouldnt mind getting one if I dont have a P905i
    still prefer to have a camera flash over side way menu

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast