Phones
    Note3, Note2, iiPad3, Nexus 5, Moto X,
    evo3d,gnex,atrix,e71,v3xx,s56
    Carrier
    vzw, att, tmo, RingPlus, lyca, tru, ekit
    Feedback Score

Trac expires service before date on phone

Has anyone ever had this happen?

My airtime expiration date is 2/3/2009. That is what it said online last time I looked. The phone shows 2/3/2009.

However the phone no longer works. When I call up they tell me it expired 5/25/2008. It says inactive online, so there is no record of the date except on the phone.

Trac refuses to do anything as they say their records are fine. I have called a couple different reps and have gotten nowhere. They check the parameters but it seems that only validates the minutes, not the date.

Feedback Score
    Yes, this has happen to me, don't know why through. I think Trac's system, can get screwed up. I'm always a little leary when dealing with Tracfone, so I take screenshots of the "My Account" page on TF website, on a weekly basis. Because of my paranoia with Tracfone, the screenshots helped me fight it with the help of BBB. Eventually, TF partially restored my service, expiration date, and minutes, but could not restore my number because by this time it had been released back into the pool. I hope things works out for you. Good Luck!

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    You should be able to validate the date by having the pin number for the last airtime card you added and the date you added it. They can track those airtime cards forever.
    But this won't help for days that came from online transfers from other phones where the airtime was not pin based, therefore not trackable.

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Just spoke to executive resolutions. The last PIN did not help, it just said it was good for 90 days. I have to fax in a photo of the phone SN on the back of the phone and a photo of the home screen and they will investigate. We will see what happens when I fax it next week. Who uses faxes anymore?

Interestingly enough, the expiration date in their system is 1 year+2 months from the last time I refilled, which was the max you could add airtime before the change to stack airtime. Something must have glitched with their computer system.

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    The fax did not do anything. Contacted exec resolutions again today and finally got it fixed. I guess I will never know what wrong. In the end I lost two days off my expiration date, but gained 10 minutes, so that's a wash.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Glad you got it fixed. That's definitely an odd problem, but main thing is it's corrected. Hopefully that doesn't happen with any of my TracFones because I probably wouldn't know until it was too late. Especially the one that sits in my glovebox!
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Lumia 635, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); LG Mach: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phones
    Samsung T-451c
    Samsung R451c (for now)
    Motorola W376 (retired)
    Carriers
    ST
    before that, Tracfone
    Feedback Score

this happened to a friend

One thing to check before calling them is how your date is displayed. You can set it to the european date display, eg: dy/mo/year instead of the american way, mo/dy/year. this could make it look like a different date is due. Not saying it happened to you, but this was what happened to a friend of mine..

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Expiration date is important to me. Its the only reason I have a Tracfone in the first place. Not having to put a refill in for a few years is valuable to me.
    When I transfered all balances from my original TF to a C139 DMFL the CSR told me my due date on their records showed it was about 2 years less than what it actually was.
    I screamed and pleaded to have it corrected. She said "it should be corrected within an hour"....if their records showed something different how could they correct it?
    An hour passed and then a day but the short due date stayed the same.
    I called Customer "Care" (800-964-4836). They straightened it out in a 4 minute call.
    I think originally I was being scammed.
    I've had better results calling Customer Care than the CS number shown on the web site.

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    I see how the date could be off by changing the format, such as 6/8/08 or 8/6/08.

My problem is the date went from 2/3/09 to INACTIVE. The CSRs said the "system" showed expiration on 5/25/08. Someone somehow changed the date.

My guess is that it had something to do with all the refer-a-friend PINs from over a year ago. Somehow someone probably messed something up, or tried to close out all the PINs, not realizing that the codes went from 60 day expiration to 90 days, near the end of the refer-a-friend era. It's probably about nine PINs that I got the extra 30 days with, and about 9 months that gut cut off. However I was not about to bring that up!