Thread: Net10 wallpapers question

Phone
    i455
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

Net10 wallpapers question

As some of you may have just found out, BoostMobile just decided that in 1.9 months they are going to charge 10c/10c for txting instead of free/10c. Because of this, I want to buy a Net10 phone as soon as my account balance drops.

When I had boostmobile, my i455 could recieve, view, and send pictures, but only the pictures that came with the phone could become wallpapers. I didn't download any from BM because I was afraid they wouldn't work either.

Do Net10 phones only let you use the images they want you to use as wallpapers? They advertise some kind of "no evil" policy, I was just wondering if they actually live up to it.

BTW, any phone recommendations?

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    depends on which net10 phone you have. i have the moto w375 that has a camera and basic internet so you can send and receive pics. you can also find a pic you like reduce it and email it to 1234567890 at mms.att dot net but it has to be small. i would rather get a tracfone because it is easy to get it below the 10 cents a min net has and for a regular text it uses .3 of a unit instead of .5. some of the old tracs give you free incoming texts but cant change walpapers. the w370 you can receive wallpapers but no camera but that phone has double minutes built in. if you mainly sms text get a v170 as it has free incoming texts. with trac you get more time with the cards before they expire (time to stay active) you can keep a trac alive for a minimum of 7 bux amonth whereas it is 15 a month to keep a net10 alive. by the way you will get much better coverage with net10 than boost.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Net10 is 5 cents both ways for SMS. , MMS is 2.5 minutes to send or receive plus 1 minute of airtime per minute of connect time.
    Net10 Data Service

Tracfone has a couple phones that are free to receive and .003 to send SMS. All others are .003 to send and receive SMS.

Tracfones MMS rates depend on several things, one being what type of airtime card you added last and whether you have double minutes plan.

The data rate info can be found about 3/4 down the page.
    Tracfone TOS

I have sent a picture via email to my Net10 W370 and set it as wallpaper.

Phone
    i455
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    lol, I forgot about tracfone's 3c/3c txting. I'm getting that, then.

What's the double-minute's effect on txting?

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Can Not
    lol, I forgot about tracfone's 3c/3c txting. I'm getting that, then.

What's the double-minute's effect on txting?
    The DMFL doesn't effect sms rates. If you have DMFL you pay double rate for data service, and the per minute rate is determined by the last airtime card added.

The phones with free incoming txt are
    Nokia 1100, 2600, 3390,
    Motorola V170, C155
    Rate:
    0.3 to send, Free to receive.

None of these have MMS capabilities but if you get a lot of incoming and few outgoing txt you can set one of these up using the online transfer and get low minutes and a far out service date. A lot of people use one of these like a pager.
    I could set up a V170 with 280 minutes and 2 years of service for $50.

Phones
    C-139 Motorola
    2126i Tracfone
    W370 Motorola
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks to jimates instructions I have been able to download pics to my W370 and they look great! Just for fun I took one of my wood carving photos and reduced it to 150x200 pixels with a resolution of 150 and it fits my screen perfectly for wallpaper. Love this phone! Mike

Phone
    i455
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just calculated... With the double minutes $50 add-on making minutes worth 12.5c, txt messages cost 4.166c. That's not significantly cheaper than Net10, considering the $50 addon AND the extra cost per minute.

Feedback Score
    I just calculated... With the double minutes $50 add-on making minutes worth 12.5c, txt messages cost 4.166c. That's not significantly cheaper than Net10, considering the $50 addon AND the extra cost per minute.
    I don't know where you are getting that 12.5 cents per minutes from, but it's easy enough to get 10 cents per minute with Tracfone and that's without dealing with bonus codes. All you need to do is add a 400 minute card (with double minutes for life on your phone) and you'll have that. With bonus codes it's possible to get minutes cheaper than 10 cents per minutes and in addition Tracfone gives you more airtime than Net10.

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    You can also get 10c per minute on a DMFL phone with the 50 Minute Value Plan for $9.99 monthly. The 50 minutes double to 100 minutes and the SMS rate is 3.33c. No need to fool with bonus codes or airtime PINs.

Phone
    i455
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBones
    I don't know where you are getting that 12.5 cents per minutes from, but it's easy enough to get 10 cents per minute with Tracfone and that's without dealing with bonus codes. All you need to do is add a 400 minute card (with double minutes for life on your phone) and you'll have that. With bonus codes it's possible to get minutes cheaper than 10 cents per minutes and in addition Tracfone gives you more airtime than Net10.
    The 400 minute + 2x Up is exactly where I got 12.5c from. $100/800 min = 12.5c/minute.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dd78749
    You can also get 10c per minute on a DMFL phone with the 50 Minute Value Plan for $9.99 monthly. The 50 minutes double to 100 minutes and the SMS rate is 3.33c. No need to fool with bonus codes or airtime PINs.
    I've been considering the Value Plan. Its $10 per month that I don't have to spend right now however.
    As I struggle to burn up the minutes on my Page Plus phone the Trac sets there in limbo.
    When I go to Trac as my main phone I have not decided if I want to fight the refill/bonus code battle or sign up for the plan. With the due date and minutes I have now the value plan would probably last the rest of my life for $10 a month...with maybe a 2fer deal thrown in once in awhile to stay ahead. But $120 per year sounds expensive to me for some reason although it is not.

BTW dd....I took my new LG 3280 to the no signal zone this morning. It preformed very well. It and the LG 3200 took turns losing a signal but overall results were about equal. In the area phones roam or pick up an analog signal or lose a signal all together all within a distance of about 2 miles. Its kinda fun watching them struggle. Its a good place to check a phones ability to find a signal.

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The 400 minute + 2x Up is exactly where I got 12.5c from. $100/800 min = 12.5c/minute.
    I think he meant the 450 unit card that sells for $79.99 on Tracfone's website.

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 25jive1
    I've been considering the Value Plan. Its $10 per month that I don't have to spend right now however.
    As I struggle to burn up the minutes on my Page Plus phone the Trac sets there in limbo.
    When I go to Trac as my main phone I have not decided if I want to fight the refill/bonus code battle or sign up for the plan. With the due date and minutes I have now the value plan would probably last the rest of my life for $10 a month...with maybe a 2fer deal thrown in once in awhile to stay ahead. But $120 per year sounds expensive to me for some reason although it is not.

BTW dd....I took my new LG 3280 to the no signal zone this morning. It preformed very well. It and the LG 3200 took turns losing a signal but overall results were about equal. In the area phones roam or pick up an analog signal or lose a signal all together all within a distance of about 2 miles. Its kinda fun watching them struggle. Its a good place to check a phones ability to find a signal.
    I think the 50 Minute Value Plan is a good "set-it-and-forget-it" option, but your expiration date is so far off that it seems unlikely you'd ever need it.

Glad to hear that the LG 3280 worked great for you. I've yet to take my 2126i out to the area where Verizon now shows no service at all, but Alltel still does. I don't know if it would pick up an analog or digital signal or nothing at all due to Verizon's PRL loaded on the phone. One of these days when I'm bored and have the time, I'll drive out and see for myself.

Feedback Score
    Tracfone provides a code for 200 bonus minutes on a 1 year card on their site and there seems to be one each week. I don't know how long they have done this or will continue to do so (I'm new to Tracfone), but that's an easy way to get 10 cents a minute and a year of service.