Thread: Law firm calling me?

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

Law firm calling me?

Hi;

I have been getting a few calls from (905) 413-8661 claiming to be some kind of law firm. The message is prerecorded and tells me to press any key.
    I am wondering if this some kind of scum and if so can Fido do anything about it?
    Thanks

Phones
    Nokia N900
    Nokia E71 (White)
    Nokia N85
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Why don't you call them back and find out what they want?

Phones
    iPhone 4 32 GB
    BlackBerry Pearl 8130
    Samsung JACK i616
    Carriers
    Fido unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Google is your friend.

Phone
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound T¡Ther
    Carriers
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    AXIS OF EVIL DEAD & Krill Kill Kult Member Fighting the War on Terra !
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    ls Deanna Natelle a friend of yours?
    Most Lawyers are scum .
    B.efore C.hrist E.ntity

"Bell's always ready to compete," Well Break the Bell Telus Alliance. Bell Stop Cry Babying and Start Competing!

http://www.bellmobilityclassaction.ca/

Phone
    BLACKBERRY BOLD
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scyzoryk
    Hi;

I have been getting a few calls from (905) 413-8661 claiming to be some kind of law firm. The message is prerecorded and tells me to press any key.
    I am wondering if this some kind of scum and if so can Fido do anything about it?
    Thanks

Why would Fido do anything about calls you are getting?

Phones
    iPhone 4 32 GB
    BlackBerry Pearl 8130
    Samsung JACK i616
    Carriers
    Fido unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TelecomZombie
    Most Lawyers are scum .
    I can't decide if I should be personally offended.

What do you base that on?

Phone
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound T¡Ther
    Carriers
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    AXIS OF EVIL DEAD & Krill Kill Kult Member Fighting the War on Terra !
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy

Didn't l say most? Consider yourself excluded or sue me!

Phones
    iPhone 4 32 GB
    BlackBerry Pearl 8130
    Samsung JACK i616
    Carriers
    Fido unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TelecomZombie
    Didn't l say most? Consider yourself excluded or sue me!
    I'm warm and fuzzy.

I do often wonder why people say that most lawyers are scum (or other similar comments). I mean, most of the lawyers that I know are pretty good people - do give lots of charity work or give lots to charity, are genuinely nice people, etc.

Most of the people I went to school with are awesome - some are skeezy mf's, but most are cool peeps.
    Last edited by Moderator HF 7; 06-08-2008 at 04:01 AM.

Phone
    Samsung Omnia POP 931SC
    Carrier
    SoftBank
    Feedback Score
    I'm warm and fuzzy.

I do often wonder why people say that most lawyers are scum (or other similar comments). I mean, most of the lawyers that I know are pretty good people - do give lots of charity work or give lots to charity, are genuinely nice people, etc.

Most of the people I went to school with are awesome - some are skeezy mf's, but most are cool peeps.
    I'm sure it is because of the crappy lawyers that do their best to defend rapists by claiming they should be excused of all guilt as they were touched as little boys.

Now that being said, they ARE just doing their job.

Phones
    HP HW6515 Pocket PC
    Motorola ROKR E1
    Motorola V60c
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Scum because:
    How can you sleep at night when you are knowingly defending someone who is guilty of murdering their wife and kids? Somehow the truth gets twisted and becomes not guilty???

Phones
    iPhone 4 32 GB
    BlackBerry Pearl 8130
    Samsung JACK i616
    Carriers
    Fido unlimited
    Feedback Score
    And how many lawyers do that? My question was more with the "most lawyers..." part.

You guys may be surprised at just how small of a percentage of lawyers do any criminal law, much less defend rapists and murderers.

And then what about the times that the person isn't guilty? Sure, there are plenty of times that they are, but can we consciously send someone to jail for life because we didn't give them a fair trial because of what they were charged with?

Most of those lawyers are doing it to uphold the system and to ensure that everyone has a fair trial - not because they want the person to go free. In truth, for most stuff, people rarely even go to trial. They plead guilty, get sentenced (where the lawyer makes representations as to appropriate sentence) and a judge decides what how long to sentence them for.

It's not a perfect system, but it's the best one we have. If it was you who was charged, and you hadn't done anything, you would be glad the system is the way it is. If you were charged and you HAD done something, you'd still be glad the system is the way it is.

Phones
    Nokia N900
    Nokia E71 (White)
    Nokia N85
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Can we close this thread now? It's waaaaay offtopic lol

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzer
    Scum because:
    How can you sleep at night when you are knowingly defending someone who is guilty of murdering their wife and kids? Somehow the truth gets twisted and becomes not guilty???
    Say that again after your wrongly accused of killing someone and it's one of those evil lawyers defending you.

Phones
    GNex, Galaxy S, Nokia 5230 and babysitting a MC950D & an iphone4 16gig -- That thing has got to go!
    Nexus One; TyTn; BJII; 6620; T610; M55UnLkd;
    M55UnLkd; 3390; 6190; 7190; 8290UnLkd; T720; Moto V60gUnLkd; R520 The last great Ericsson!
    Carrier
    Wind & Fido-Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm warm and fuzzy.

Simple. You are working against 2000+ years of scummy lawyers. So even if a small percentage were bad, it all adds up over time in the public's eye and opinion.

Just imagine if carsalesmen were doing that trade for 2000+ years. They would shot on the spot. Consider yourself lucky.

PS:. I have some good friends who are lawyers... Damn scum.
    FIDO Power User:
    Unlimited Data Line Only

Ex-Wind, Now Mobilicity Data & Phone

Surfing the Mobile net with wild abandon.

From Toronto? Want to meet new friends? Then come out, don't be shy! it is not spam I run the group myself, now with 1550+ people! Check here!
    Visit my blog!

Phones
    GNex, Galaxy S, Nokia 5230 and babysitting a MC950D & an iphone4 16gig -- That thing has got to go!
    Nexus One; TyTn; BJII; 6620; T610; M55UnLkd;
    M55UnLkd; 3390; 6190; 7190; 8290UnLkd; T720; Moto V60gUnLkd; R520 The last great Ericsson!
    Carrier
    Wind & Fido-Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzer
    Scum because:
    Woah, now this is not an insightful answer at all. More reading is required, less Law-TV.

Anyway, back to the topic in question. I have a feeling that mobile rates are going to become a new hot topic --finally. Here in Toronto my MP is sending tons of fliers and requests since she wants to "look into" this issue that is affecting the bottom line of many Canadians. I smell an election topic coming somewhere in the distance.