Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is this fake or what? I posted a article in the BT section...Lets the flames begin!

Phone
    Samsung SCH-I760
    Feedback Score
    You only have to worry if your head is made of corn. :-)

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think you'd be surprised around here.

Phones
    Nexus One
    N97 Mini (SOLD)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i'll tell you why this is fake, because each phone hs an antenna in a different location. those videos all put the phones in the same positions. each phone model was different with different manufacturer. yet the top of the phone was facing the popcorn. guess what, antenna is located in different parts of different phones. my n75 the antenna was in the bottom of the phone under the battery. same with my 6131. so did all those phones just happen to have antennas at the top of the phone? me thinks not.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MassMike
    That an Egg......not Popcorn!

You find me the one on Popcorn that's stated as a Hoax!
    Look at that, the very article that I pointed out as what debunks this, the one you were trying to shoot down pointing out that I didn't know the difference, has been updated to literally include popcorn for those who need it all spelled out before they can believe it (rather than using simple common sense, let alone actual science). Can we now close the thread as it is a hoax and has no real useful purpose (aside for getting flaming/trolling going, as the title points out being the ultimate reason for it all)?

Phone
    Moto X (Current) Q10, Bold 9930, Blackberry 9700 (All Retired)
    Carrier
    VZW and AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM
    Look at that, the very article that I pointed out as what debunks this, the one you were trying to shoot down pointing out that I didn't know the difference, has been updated to literally include popcorn for those who need it all spelled out before they can believe it (rather than using simple common sense, let alone actual science). Can we now close the thread as it is a hoax and has no real useful purpose (aside for getting flaming/trolling going, as the title points out being the ultimate reason for it all)?
    Damn....beat me to it I love snopes. I'm always sending snopes links to my mom because every couple days she’s sending me some email that she received stating something off the wall, and she believes it!

Kinda like the lantern 6 volt battery containing 24 AA batteries inside if you break it open

Carriers
    Rogers Wireless-Canadas Best GSM Network-
    Feedback Score
    And as I am reading this the news in the background announces a new study saying cellphones have yet again been linked to certain types of brain cancer, too much
    Anyway, why the obsession MassMike?

Moderator-->SlowFo!!<-- SlowFo-->A Product of HoFo for Farsiders by Farsiders!
    Administrator-->Vxxx Stuff<-- Free Walls, Tones, 3GPs and Info!
    My wee bit of feedback
    Come Visit The Farside!

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You should have set up a vote in this thread. I say it's definitely fake.

Phones
    Env Touch
    vx11000
    vx8300
    Carrier
    Vzw
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Himself
    And as I am reading this the news in the background announces a new study saying cellphones have yet again been linked to certain types of brain cancer, too much
    Anyway, why the obsession MassMike?

If you have ever known someone that died from cancer you would fully understand. It's not really a obsession.....but it's a concern. Plus that fact that it's pretty much in uncharted territory whether it's damaging to cells or not. Time will tell.....but why risk it till the truth is known, I mean certain people just don't have intelligence to deal with a subject matter of this magnitude. They think nothing of looking into a microwave while cooking food, or looking at the sun during a eclipse.......or holding a cell phone up to their head for extended periods of time.

So sure the video was fake.......granted it got me...I laughed at it.....I thought it was very well made....and as it turns out it was professionally made. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much.....thought provoking as it was to me!

My basic point was to show the dangers of RF at high frequency's. The people that jumped all over me about the it being fake....really missed the point I was trying to show. (They probably fall in that lower intelligence group I mentioned earlier) They can fry their brains with their cell's....I'll continue to use my BT headsets. Sometime down the road when the verdict is in....I'll either be proven wrong......or maybe saved one or more, by getting them to think maybe a bit about wearing a headset instead of holding their cell up to their head! So I look at it like I'm helping people...maybe that's my obsession with this topic.

Am I full of **** or did I actually get someone to think about it?

Has this thread helped you think more about the subject or are you still convinced cell phones can't hurt you?

Phones
    Env Touch
    vx11000
    vx8300
    Carrier
    Vzw
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones
    You should have set up a vote in this thread. I say it's definitely fake.

It's fake......it was a BT commercial by Cardo.

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...ones-cant.html

http://www.sogoodblog.com/2008/06/10...opcorn-videos/

Pretty damn good fake though don't you think?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MassMike
    If you have ever known someone that died from cancer you would fully understand. It's not really a obsession.....but it's a concern. Plus that fact that it's pretty much in uncharted territory whether it's damaging to cells or not. Time will tell.....but why risk it till the truth is known, I mean certain people just don't have intelligence to deal with a subject matter of this magnitude. They think nothing of looking into a microwave while cooking food, or looking at the sun during a eclipse.......or holding a cell phone up to their head for extended periods of time.

So sure the video was fake.......granted it got me...I laughed at it.....I thought it was very well made....and as it turns out it was professionally made. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much.....thought provoking as it was to me!

My basic point was to show the dangers of RF at high frequency's. The people that jumped all over me about the it being fake....really missed the point I was trying to show. (They probably fall in that lower intelligence group I mentioned earlier) They can fry their brains with their cell's....I'll continue to use my BT headsets. Sometime down the road when the verdict is in....I'll either be proven wrong......or maybe saved one or more, by getting them to think maybe a bit about wearing a headset instead of holding their cell up to their head! So I look at it like I'm helping people...maybe that's my obsession with this topic.

Am I full of **** or did I actually get someone to think about it?

Has this thread helped you think more about the subject or are you still convinced cell phones can't hurt you?
    I think in the end--before and after this thread--things will remain the same in terms of the reality of it all and what people think about this kind of stuff until there is actual, real, definitive, and conclusive scientific findings about it all.

Phone
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think it is real. I think I saw this on tv before. And I did think it was gsm phones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyGuy
    I think it is real. I think I saw this on tv before. And I did think it was gsm phones
    You probably just forgot to include the "[/sarcasm]" tag and/or in the end there.

Phone
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Now I see why you have so many posts. But on the serious side, I do remember seeing this on tv and as far as it goes, I do believe it is real. I gets my vote 100%

Quote Originally Posted by C DM
    You probably just forgot to include the "[/sarcasm]" tag and/or in the end there.

Carriers
    Rogers Wireless-Canadas Best GSM Network-
    Feedback Score
    Now I see why you have so many posts. But on the serious side, I do remember seeing this on tv and as far as it goes, I do believe it is real. I gets my vote 100%
    So you saw it on tv and that makes you believe it is real, despite the link to the site that exists to prove or disprove things like this?

Feedback Score
    Wait, I assumed you actually read the thread, as it was already proven a number of times from a number of different reliable sources (even external to HoFo) that this was all a hoax and just a viral ad campaign of sorts. Talk about reading comprehension. You might want to learn how to let things go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast