Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Black Jack 2 Internet Settings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    150
    Phone
    HTC G1
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Black Jack 2 Internet Settings

    I've tried everything on the forum to get my internet to work. I've also called T-Mobile and they didn't help much. I managed to get it to work for a bit but I had to turn off my phone then it would't wok. Any help would be great. Like where to input the numbers and what not. Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    688
    Phones
    Blackberry 8900, Nokia N95
    Blackberry 8320, SE K750
    Blackberry 8700G, SE K700i
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Arial
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well on my BlackJack 2 I have teh following:

    Start>Settings>Connections>GPRS>NEW>

    Description: T-Mobile GPRS
    Connects to: The Internet
    Access Point: wap.voicestream.com
    User Name: Leave Blank
    Password: Leave Blank
    Authentication Type: Leave None
    Prim/Sec DNS: Leave Blank
    IP Address: Blank

    Press Done

    Go to Intenet Explorer:
    Press Right Soft key (Menu)
    Tools>Options> COnnections>
    Check Automatically Detect Settings
    Select Network: The Internet

    This is what i have using the Blackberry plan. If your on the total internet it should work but you can also use internet2.voicestream.com. If your using the 5.99 plan, it may not work since you will have to input additional info. You may get a 503/503/504 error.

    Good Luck
    X-Employee:
    T-Mobile, USA - Technical Support Tier's 260/290/291/398

    Sr. Retail Sales Representative

    Disclaimer: My Opinions and statements are not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by T-Mobile USA or Deutsche Telekom AG.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    150
    Phone
    HTC G1
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    THANKS a lot I've been searching for days with no luck. I have the $19.99 plan and used the internet2.voicestream.com.

    Do you happen to have the MMS settings?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,403
    Phones
    T-Mobile G1 - rooted, running Complete Eclair
    Sony Ericsson TM506 (debranded)
    Nokia 6133 (debranded)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEJUNK
    Do you happen to have the MMS settings?
    RIGHT HERE

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    150
    Phone
    HTC G1
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've came across those before but I don't know where to put them. My MMS options give me
    MMSC URL:
    PROXY (a box you select):
    Address:
    Port:
    GPRS: (my internet connection)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Posts
    15,517
    Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEJUNK
    I've tried everything on the forum to get my internet to work. I've also called T-Mobile and they didn't help much. I managed to get it to work for a bit but I had to turn off my phone then it would't wok. Any help would be great. Like where to input the numbers and what not. Thanks
    Just FFI: It's a Blackjack not a Black Jack. Also the phone from Motorola is a Razr not a Razor
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    688
    Phones
    Blackberry 8900, Nokia N95
    Blackberry 8320, SE K750
    Blackberry 8700G, SE K700i
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Arial
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom
    Just FFI: It's a Blackjack not a Black Jack. Also the phone from Motorola is a Razr not a Razor
    Oh give it a break. Either you can help the Op or you cant. Criticizing him on his spelling is just pathetic and not necessary.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    688
    Phones
    Blackberry 8900, Nokia N95
    Blackberry 8320, SE K750
    Blackberry 8700G, SE K700i
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Arial
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEJUNK
    THANKS a lot I've been searching for days with no luck. I have the $19.99 plan and used the internet2.voicestream.com.

    Do you happen to have the MMS settings?
    Got it from: http://tmobileuspublic.wdsglobal.com/
    Scroll to New and press OK.
    Scroll to Profile Name.
    Enter T-Mo MMS in the Profile Name field.
    Scroll to MMSC URL.
    Enter http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms in the MMSC URL field.
    Scroll to Proxy and press OK to check this option.
    Scroll to Address.
    Enter 216.155.165.050 in the Address field.
    Scroll to Port.
    Enter 8080 in the Port field.
    Press Menu.
    Scroll to Advanced Settings and press OK.
    Scroll to APN.
    Enter wap.voicestream.com in the APN field.
    Scroll to Login ID.
    Enter in the Login ID field.
    Scroll to Password.
    Enter in the Password field.
    Press Done.
    Press Save to save the settings.
    Scroll to newly created profile and press OK.
    Press Done.
    Press End Call Key to back to the main screen.
    The handset is now configured for using MMS.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    150
    Phone
    HTC G1
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for all the help. I wasn't to worried about how to spell it. I also know its an i617 but I put BlackJack because it's more known buy that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Over There!
    Posts
    18,829
    Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Using these same settings on an unlocked/unbranded mpx220 and the internet is SLOW

    running speedtests im getting 4-10 kbit/sec

    While my datacard and sda are pulling 150's to 200's all day long!
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

    School, $5,000/semester | Work

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Posts
    15,517
    Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elzein
    Oh give it a break. Either you can help the Op or you cant. Criticizing him on his spelling is just pathetic and not necessary.
    You need to give it a break. Learn to read more carefully. Evidently you didn't see the at the end. Now why don't you be helpful like a good boy.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    21
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    can anyone post their Blackjack 2 MMS settings? I've followed the instructions above but its not working. I have an unlocked AT&T branded Blackjack 2. I can send/receive regular text messages fine, but not MMS.

    So here's the settings I have so far:

    Messages>Menu>Multimedia Msg. Options>Multimedia Msg. Profiles>Connection Settings
    Profile Name: T-Mo MMS
    MMSC URL: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy box: checked
    Address: 215.155.174.50
    Port: 8080
    GPRS: t mobile gprs (profile I created at the connections menu below. I deleted the AT&T media net and stuff originally there.)

    Settings>More...>Connections>GPRS>t mobile gprs (profile i created)
    Connects to: (not sure which to select: Secure WAP Network, Wap Network, Work, The Internet)
    Access Point: wap.voicestream.com
    User name: (blank)
    Password: (blank)
    Authentication Type: (not sure which to select: None, CHAP, PAP)
    Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0 (I didnt chose this, it just came up that way)
    Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0 (I didnt chose this, it just came up that way)
    IP address: 216.155.165.050

    I deleted the AT&T WAP proxy connection and created a new t-mobile one. My settings are below
    Setting>More...>Connections>Proxy>New...>t mobile proxy (name/profile I created. setting are listed below)
    Connects from: The Internet
    Connects to: WAP Network (of the following choices: Secure WAP Network, Wap Network, Work, The Internet)
    Proxy (name: port): 8080
    Type: WAP (available choices are: HTTP, WAP, Socks4, Socks5)
    User name: (blank)
    Password: (blank)

    I followed elzein's instructions (quoted below), but those seem be for the Blackjack 1 (i600 on t-mobile's Device Configuration page).

    Quote Originally Posted by elzein
    Got it from: http://tmobileuspublic.wdsglobal.com/
    Scroll to New and press OK.
    Scroll to Profile Name.
    Enter T-Mo MMS in the Profile Name field.
    Scroll to MMSC URL.
    Enter http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms in the MMSC URL field.
    Scroll to Proxy and press OK to check this option.
    Scroll to Address.
    Enter 216.155.165.050 in the Address field.
    Scroll to Port.
    Enter 8080 in the Port field.
    Press Menu.
    Scroll to Advanced Settings and press OK.
    Scroll to APN.
    Enter wap.voicestream.com in the APN field.
    Scroll to Login ID.
    Enter in the Login ID field.
    Scroll to Password.
    Enter in the Password field.
    Press Done.
    Press Save to save the settings.
    Scroll to newly created profile and press OK.
    Press Done.
    Press End Call Key to back to the main screen.
    The handset is now configured for using MMS.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    21
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    nevermind. i fixed it. i dont know how, but it works now LOL.

Bookmarks