Thread: Check net10 voicemail from landline?

Feedback Score

Check net10 voicemail from landline?

How is this done? I see nothing on net10's informationless website.

Feedback Score
    I found this answer [1], but I'm living in a different area code than the one I where I originally got my net10 phone from. The whole point of this is to NOT have to pay just to listen to my voicemail. Why can't they put it on the web, like vonage?

[1] http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question...0195513AAs49jO

Feedback Score
    most companys you just dial your own cell number and when the message comes on hit * and enter your passcode and press #

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    at the net10 site you can mouse over on the service & support and click on voicemail. Like tracfone you have to put your serial number and phone number in and it will tell you what little bit anyone at tracfone knows about voicemail.

Phones
    C-139 Motorola
    2126i Tracfone
    W370 Motorola
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    One thing I like about this W370 is that it tells me in the message menue if I have any voice mail messages. Then I can listen to it from a land line using the method BFat567 mentioned. No need to waist my time or a phone call this way, Mike

Feedback Score
    thanks for the replies.

I bought the phone when I lived in a different area code, so my voice mail number is in a different area code than my current one. I want to save money, by calling a local phone number or toll free number, to read the voice mail. If I have to call long distance (with a landline) to check my voicemail, where is the money saved, if the POTS long distance costs more than cell minutes?

Phone
    Moto G
    Carrier
    Cricket (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nintendo9231889
    thanks for the replies.

I bought the phone when I lived in a different area code, so my voice mail number is in a different area code than my current one. I want to save money, by calling a local phone number or toll free number, to read the voice mail. If I have to call long distance (with a landline) to check my voicemail, where is the money saved, if the POTS long distance costs more than cell minutes?
    If you use BFat567's method, you're NOT calling long-distance--that is, unless your cell number is still in the old area code. (If so, change it.) You're calling the cell number, NOT the voicemail number; forwarding to voicemail doesn't change that. (Nor does forwarding anywhere else, though Tracfone doesn't allow that.)

Though some carriers charge at least some airtime for calls to voicemail, if only for no-answers (AT&T did for me), Tracfone only charges me for calls made FROM my phone to retrieve voicemail. If I retrieve from a landline instead, no airtime is charged--whether I dial the cell number or the voicemail number. (For AT&T, I had to dial the voicemail number.)

Hint: It works best if the phone is turned off; then it rolls directly to voicemail. If it's on, DO NOT answer it; just let it roll.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nintendo9231889
    I'm living in a different area code than the one I where I originally got my net10 phone from. The whole point of this is to NOT have to pay just to listen to my voicemail.
    Set up a phone number on http://www.GrandCentral.com and you can set up to call your cell (or any other number in the USA) from grand central for FREE!

If you set up a local number on Grand Central, you can give that number to local friends and they can call your cell through the Grand Central local number.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by railroadrabbit
    Set up a phone number on http://www.GrandCentral.com and you can set up to call your cell (or any other number in the USA) from grand central for FREE!

If you set up a local number on Grand Central, you can give that number to local friends and they can call your cell through the Grand Central local number.
    Grand Central hasn't been taking any new accounts for 3 months. No one knows when they will open it back up.