Thread: Bad Esn On Metro ???

Phone
    MOTO Q9C
    Carriers
    SPRINT SERO
    Feedback Score

Bad Esn On Metro ???

Does Metro Care If The Phone You Are Tryng To Activate Has A Bad Esn ??? Like If It Was Reported Stolen ?? Im Wondering On This Also And I Knoe Pople Are Wondering As Well Since Metro Lets You Bring Youre Own Phone In Certain Markets

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SamSpex: SCH-R210 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

If its bad its banned the system labels lost and stolen as same thing. The phone is junk and no company will accept it. Throw it away sell it to an idiot you find on the street or donate it to company

Phone
    HTC Evo
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-V3t/0E.C8.0DR MIB/2.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

so if I had a sprint phone turned off for not paying my bill, I can not activate it on metro?
    I need the Samsung Epic NOW!!!!!

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    No, that is not the case. If you have a phone which is just turned off. You can sell it to anyone. You own the phone, and the ETF.

If the phone has a bad ESN, it means it was reported lost, stolen, or damaged.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So a phone with a bad ESN is a total brick?

Feedback Score

Wink

lost or stolen = brick

bill sent to collections = owner needs to close acct completely before bringing phone to activate or it will show as still in use.

Phones
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Htc EVO
    Htc Sensation 4G
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat105
    lost or stolen = brick

bill sent to collections = owner needs to close acct completely before bringing phone to activate or it will show as still in use.
    hes right but will metro follow cricket and not care after said number of days?
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Phones
    StraightTalk Nokia E71-2
    AT&T USBConnect 881 on AT&T Prepaid
    Carriers
    Straight Talk Unlimited Everything for $45
    Feedback Score

Cool

I'm bumping this because I bought a brand new blackberry 8703e from an ebay auction. I paid VERY little, so I wasn't surprised when it came up with a bad ESN.

My cell phone guy (we have a pretty big contract and it's all done by a local cell phone reseller) he "took care of it" and now I'm using the blackberry on our contract.

Now it's possibly big enough contract that he "paid sprint what it was owed" but they guy is SUPER cheap and I think he OWNS our company (in that he doesn't think he has to do anything to keep us) so I don't know if it's that bad.

If sprint will take back their own "bad ESN phone" if you ask the right way. what about metro? I mean do they care?

Doesn't sprint just drop it off their database and therefor metro can take it?

Feedback Score
    Lost or stolen.....bad or good. MEtro doesnt care about what ESN they activate from another carrier.

I mean really, do you think there is some master list of stolen cell phones all carriers share?

NOOOOOO

come on pleaseeeeeeeee.

Phone
    samsung katalyst
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    he is right providers do not share this information. a blacklisted phone on say verizon is not blacklisted on metro. and reall i doubt metro cares where you got the phone from as long as ur paying them money.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So Metro will activate a Voyager with a Bad ESN? Can anybody confirm this for sure?

Feedback Score
    I just activated a sprint treo 700wx that was on a sprint account that was suspended for lack of payment

Phone
    samsung katalyst
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    verizon has no axcess to metros esn list. neither does metro to verizons or sprint or anyone else for that matter. its not a national database its only for each company yes they will activate it.