Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Att vs. T-mobile coverage area

Feedback Score

Att vs. T-mobile coverage area

At&t claims they have the best coverage in America, but when I compare at&t to t-mobile coverage map, they both have identical coverage. Why is that?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has less coverage than AT&T in the rural areas. T-Mobile roams on AT&Ts network and some others in certain places. The for AT&T. They roam on T-Mobile in some spots. T-Mobile's map includes 850MHz roaming. But AT&T has more coverage in many places that T-Mobile doesn't. But remember, more bars and more coverage doesn't mean better call quality. There are places where T-Mobile and AT&T offer coverage in the same places but T-mobile will have better call quality, and vice versa. You have to test them out in the areas you travel to, and see who have more coverage and which one sounds the best.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Phones
    pearl
    bold
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16
    T-Mobile has less coverage than AT&T in the rural areas. T-Mobile roams on AT&Ts network and some others in certain places. The for AT&T. They roam on T-Mobile in some spots. T-Mobile's map includes 850MHz roaming. But AT&T has more coverage in many places that T-Mobile doesn't. But remember, more bars and more coverage doesn't mean better call quality. There are places where T-Mobile and AT&T offer coverage in the same places but T-mobile will have better call quality, and vice versa. You have to test them out in the areas you travel to, and see who have more coverage and which one sounds the best.
    What about verizon? I thing they get the best coverage. At least they do in my neck of the woods.

Phone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by megaphonelady
    What about verizon? I thing they get the best coverage. At least they do in my neck of the woods.
    The use the same 850/1900MHz spectrum bands as AT&T. That is why they both fight neck and neck for customers and compete business wise on services and plans and offer comparable coverage in rural areas.

Phone
    iPhone 5s 64GB Silver
    Carrier
    AT&T 4G LTE
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileista
    At&t claims they have the best coverage in America, but when I compare at&t to t-mobile coverage map, they both have identical coverage. Why is that?

It's not so much a big mystery that AT&T has a larger voice footprint in the US over T-Mobile. They're just bigger.

However, AT&T doesn't say they have the best coverage in America.

They say they have the "best coverage," and then in fine print: based on global coverage. Those of us familiar with carrier advertising call this "spin." The point is to emphasize the arguable point as if it's a fact then rationalize it with by some form of technicality. Nobody does this better than AT&T.

In some areas, T-Mobile may have an advantage over AT&T if the cell sites happen to favor that particular spot. Your mileage may vary.

Phone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I can't wait til AT&T removes that "Largest Digital voice and data network in America" once Verizon becomes #1. I have no problem with Verizon becoming #1. Its AT&T that is the one that is trying to make T-Mobile look bad.

Phones
    G1
    iPhone (retired), Dash (retired)
    SDA (retired), MPx220 (retired)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.boi
    It's not so much a big mystery that AT&T has a larger voice footprint in the US over T-Mobile. They're just bigger.

However, AT&T doesn't say they have the best coverage in America.

They say they have the "best coverage," and then in fine print: based on global coverage. Those of us familiar with carrier advertising call this "spin." The point is to emphasize the arguable point as if it's a fact then rationalize it with by some form of technicality. Nobody does this better than AT&T.

In some areas, T-Mobile may have an advantage over AT&T if the cell sites happen to favor that particular spot. Your mileage may vary.
    I'm glad you saw that too! Most consumers blindly believe AT&T marketing about network quality. Honestly AT&T manipulates data more than any other company, followed closely by VZW. That sad part is the "best coverage, based on global coverage" only means AT&T has roaming agreements in two more countries than T-Mobile. You know who is number 1 or 2 in nearly every region of the US according to nearly all tests and surveys? I'll give you a hint, it's NEVER AT&T!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 ACTIVE
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNetworks
    I'm glad you saw that too! Most consumers blindly believe AT&T marketing about network quality. Honestly AT&T manipulates data more than any other company, followed closely by VZW. That sad part is the "best coverage, based on global coverage" only means AT&T has roaming agreements in two more countries than T-Mobile. You know who is number 1 or 2 in nearly every region of the US according to nearly all tests and surveys? I'll give you a hint, it's NEVER AT&T!
    Damm!!!! The last post, and I thought I wouldn't find any bias in this thread.
    AT&T LTE Network Hartford, CT Area

Phones
    G1
    iPhone (retired), Dash (retired)
    SDA (retired), MPx220 (retired)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No bias, just observations of popular opinion and facts!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 ACTIVE
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I can't wait til AT&T removes that "Largest Digital voice and data network in America" once Verizon becomes #1. I have no problem with Verizon becoming #1. Its AT&T that is the one that is trying to make T-Mobile look bad.
    I know I'm gonna regret asking this... But how is AT&T making Tmobile look bad???

Phone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72
    I know I'm gonna regret asking this... But how is AT&T making Tmobile look bad???
    -By being the only GSM carrier in the US that has more coverage.
    -Paying to keep T-Mobile out of the iphone mix.
    -Always trying to beat T-Mobile to the phone selections

Phones
    Blackberry Pearl 8100
    Sidekick Slide
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i can attest to at&t not having great coverage in my area. Where i live they can't say that they have the fewest dropped calls because when my gf had them, the call would get dropped like 3 or 4 times during one conversation. It happened while i had both verizon and tmobile. Now she has tmo and we never have a dropped call. But thats just in my area, At&t is still bigger overall.

Phone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    AT&T is considered the cookie monster. Gobbling up all the smaller carriers.

Phone
    HTC Evo
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T209R/T209UVFG1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/6.2.3.3.c.1.101 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by DRC72
    -By being the only GSM carrier in the US that has more coverage.
    -Paying to keep T-Mobile out of the iphone mix.
    -Always trying to beat T-Mobile to the phone selections
    Um, terry, far be it for me to disagree with your great gsm knowlege, but are you sure the above aren't just good business decisions or they were all done just to make tmobile look bad? I wonder if att is paying the government to keep off tmobile 3g spectrum. Att is even more eviler than osama van halen.
    I need the Samsung Epic NOW!!!!!

Phone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mMode
    Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T209R/T209UVFG1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/6.2.3.3.c.1.101 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Um, terry, far be it for me to disagree with your great gsm knowlege, but are you sure the above aren't just good business decisions or they were all done just to make tmobile look bad? I wonder if att is paying the government to keep off tmobile 3g spectrum. Att is even more eviler than osama van halen.
    Don't really care too much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast