Thread: "Initial Programming Needed" bypass on a LG-VX9100 ?

Phone
    LG enV2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

"Initial Programming Needed" bypass on a LG-VX9100 ?

Hey, i just got an LG-VX9100 and the people at the verizon store told me that the system would not allow me to program my phone until the current billing period is over due to current billing plan changes. Is there anyway i can bypass this? I mean i already bought the new phone and I have it in my hand, i just want to switch the service over from my old phone to my new one.

Feedback Score
    I don't think your plan should have anything to do with it. If you are already a "My Verizon" online user, you can sign into your account, and change the ESN number yourself. If not, you can register here: https://myaccount.verizonwireless.co...ayRegistration. If this method doesn't allow the ESN change either, you will have to contact the CSD and see if they can explain it better than the Reps. in the store....... Good luck.

Phone
    LG enV2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, i will definitely try that. I just tried to log in and it said their services are temporarily unavailable. So i'll try again after work.

Phone
    LG enV2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    where do you have to go on the website to change the numbers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler222
    where do you have to go on the website to change the numbers?
    It should be under the My Phone section (there's generally a link there to activate a new phone).

Phone
    LG enV2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    well incase anyone was wondering, i called customer service, told them what happened, and the kind lady took of the hold on my account and activated my phone for me 2 weeks ahead of time