Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Z750i review:

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

My Z750i review:

I've just finished up a round of using various handsets. One of them being the Z750i. Time for the thoughts of me ya?

Quick Specs
    Quadband GSM 1900/1800/900/850
    Triband HSDPA / 3G 2100/1900/850 (1.8mbps)
    2.2" internal QVGA screen @ 262k colours
    2.0Mpix fixed focus camera
    Video record for sending/receiving MMS
    Front facing cam for Vid calls
    950mah battery
    Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP stereo support
    Phantom External screen

Reception
    the Z750i fared me well. Being a Fido branded model I was unable to manually select GSM so for the most part the review reflects the Z750i's 3G voice performance.

No issues what so ever with the Z750.
    it handled all my daily in's and outs with no issues. I even took it up to cottage country for may 24 weekend and had no issues with it up there either.

It handled the drive test* without any issues which seems to be the standard these days from SE handsets.

*The drive by test is:
    Yonge and 16th, east on 16th to woodbine. North on woodbine to 19th. West on 19th to Yonge. North on Yonge to Bloomington. East on bloomington to Bayview. South on bayview to Stouffville sideroad. East on Stoufville sideroad to Leslie and Leslie back to the Hill

Sound Quality
    Incoming
    THe Z750i was sufficiently loud for my tastes and had a pretty neutral sound to it. Not to much Treble, not to much bass and very little hiss in the higher volumes. Seldom did i have this phone @ max volume as well. It's nice to know that if you need that extra oomph of volume the Z750 has it.

outgoing
    The outgoing quality was also very good. Being a flip phone they always have that slight advantage over many of the candybar/slider form types. The simple fact is that the Flip / Clam form factor traditionally will position the mic closer to your mouth requiring much less sensitivity.

Speakerphone
    THe Z750 features a speakerphone as most do these days. You can use it in a quiet enviroment like @ home or @ the office but it's hardly gonna replace a bluetooth headset or using the phone in the traditional manner IMHO

Camera
    The Z750 features a 2.0Mpix fixed focus camera. like many these days, it's there for spontaneous shots and for MMS sending. It's not going to replace your real digi cam though but it's there.

Here's some shots I took with the Z750i

Video calling
    Unlike the Z750a that's stateside Fido has the Z750i which features the front facing camera so you can make video calls on Fido's 3G network to other Vid enabled 3G handsets on FIdo / Rogers

say what you will about video calling, but the fact that it doesnt' deduct minutes from your bucket is a nice feature for some.

Connectivity
    There's no shortage of connectivity options these days on handsets. This SE is also no exception.

sync
    Out of the box you can sync the Z750 with outlook via cable or bluetooth.
    I usually just sync up over USB cable instead of bluetooth

The SE sync program is very through. syncing cell phones, work phones, faxes, other lines email addresses. It's very easy to use and allows you to control the direction flow of data as well. your phone more up to date then your outlook profile.. NO problem! just set the first sync direction from the phone to PC and you're off to the races

bluetooth
    The Bluetooth on the Z750 is 2.0 and A2DP compliant
    I had no issues using this phone with my car radio with the headset and stereo BT profiles to make/receive calls and stream audio to the head unit. It also functioned a lot better then the experience i had with the K850's bluetooth when using headset and Stereo BT at the same times.

External memory
    The Z750i runs M2 Memory cards. I used a 2 gig myself in the unit and had no issues. The access port is outside so there'll be no battery swapping necessary if you're one to pull the card in and out of your device.

Aesthetics
    Love it or leave it. The Z750's look is unmistakable. it's a Large blocky phone similar to some of the japanese offerings and basically looks like an ice cream sandwich in certain aspects.

The hinge also has that distinct SE feel. Locks open, and locks closed.

the phantom display is also a neat trick. However, it basically becomes uesless outside in the sun so you may want to disaple active flip if you're one to screen calls

Keypad
    one of the best features of this phone are the HUGE keys. straightforward, easy to see, easy to feel and huge. Anyone who's a heavy texter will throughly enjoy this keypad.

Dpad
    The Dpad on this unit is also pretty straightforward and easy to use. Even in the dark

OS
    The Z750OS is based on the new A2 platform. Similar to the K850. It's very straightforward, very easy to use and has the typical SE touches that we've come to know and love.

SMS
    Having those huge keys SMS was a breeze on the Z750. You can also now set which memory you want to save your sms on. The phone's internal memory, or your M2 card. If you like keeping old messages you'll have no issue with this phone. I got to 4200sms easy before i deleted it just for the sake of doing so. It didn't complain and i didn't notice any lag in the OS either when I had the 4200 sms in there.

Battery
    The battery on the Z750 was very good for my needs. Similar to the K850 I was able to get a full day no questions asked with heavy calls / wap and sms. The phone packs a 950mah battery so for those of you not as user intensive you should be able to pull 2/3 days easy. Using 3G services like TV and streaming will bring that down as well but i was able to stream about 2 hours of music to my A2DP headset and still carry on the rest of the day withouy any issues.

PRO's
    Huge keys
    Fantastic internal screen
    Excellent battery life
    nice hinge design
    phantom display
    fantastic bluetooth implelentation
    full featured sync suite

Con's
    touch plastic feeling
    may be to large for some
    phantom display

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Another great review by Mr. Treatz!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    My friend has this phone and I got a chance to play with it. The keypad is pretty good, but the overall construction of the phone doesn't feel as sturdy as it's noble predecessor, the Z520.
    Formerly FidoFan

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, Samsung Galaxy S3, S2 (BRICKED), HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Canada-Wide Super 6GB
    Feedback Score
    good review + nice pics.

(is that your wife on the wallpaper? cos if so, holy hot damn batman. )

is there a music player? the stereo BT suggests "yes" -- is it the standard vanilla SE player?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    The media player thing is the PSP-esque one from what I noticed.

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, Samsung Galaxy S3, S2 (BRICKED), HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Canada-Wide Super 6GB
    Feedback Score
    that's an upgrade from the Z710, then! albeit, not the fully-featured Wlalkman dealio, but still, that's promising.

another question: what's the UI like? is this the SE FlashUI (ie. w710), or standard (z710)?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Looked pretty standard to me.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AM Radio
    good review + nice pics.

(is that your wife on the wallpaper? cos if so, holy hot damn batman. )

is there a music player? the stereo BT suggests "yes" -- is it the standard vanilla SE player?
    LOL, ya, i wish!

the Music player is the standard SE "non walkman" app. decent and does the job.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Nice write up treatz!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    almost makes me want a fido phone.

Device(s)
    SE z750i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hi,

Does anyone have any experience using a 4gig M2 card with this phone? On the SonyEricsson website, it says that the z750i can support up to a 2gig card. I have a 4gig card, and so far it seems to work just fine.

Does this mean that the 4gig card is okay, or will I only ever be able to use half of the 4gig card?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II i9100
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Treatz, you unlocked this z750i to use rogers?
    Arr~

The Fastest and Most Reliable. Question-Mark?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Quote Originally Posted by erichau
    Treatz, you unlocked this z750i to use rogers?
    It came unlocked

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Treatz
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

It came unlocked
    You bought from Fido or Rogers or 3rd party store that sell unlocked cell?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II i9100
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Treatz

It came unlocked
    O i C, unbranded and unlocked fido z750i

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast