Thread: Audio reminder for missed calls?

Feedback Score

Audio reminder for missed calls?

I just replaced my RAZR for a Centro and the one thing I miss is that the RAZR would beep once every few minutes after a missed call. My Centro shows a blinking icon to let me know I missed a call, but obviously I won't see it until the next time I look at the phone.

I'm in noisy places frequently and also use a motorcycle for transportation, so basically I'm very often in noisy and vibrating environments and there's no way I can always hear or feel the Centro ring. I don't like noticing that I missed a call 40 minutes ago just because my phone didn't alert me audibly, and I shouldn't have to check the phone several times an hour looking for missed calls.

I've looked for an option to do this in the Centro phone app, does it exists and I'm not seeing it? Or do I need another app? What's the best way to have the Centro play a sound every couple minutes to remind me I have a missed call until I notice it?

Feedback Score
    most other phones i've had, also have the option of blinking lights to alert you to missed calls and messages, so far i have not found that option w/the centro either.

Phones
    BB 8330
    BB 8330
    Treo 755p
    Carriers
    Verizon (Alltel Plan)
    Smoke signals and hieroglyphics
    Feedback Score
    I use Attention Grabber on my Treo. It works. Find it here.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link to Attention Grabber, that's almost perfect! It won't play a sound file but at least it lets me choose the frequency and duration of the tone.

Phones
    Palm Centro (black)
    Nokia 6120 Classic
    Nokia 6275i (Virgin Mobile)
    Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mauibay
    I just replaced my RAZR for a Centro and the one thing I miss is that the RAZR would beep once every few minutes after a missed call. My Centro shows a blinking icon to let me know I missed a call, but obviously I won't see it until the next time I look at the phone.
    I use Butler, which provides this functionality and much more. Worked great on my Treo 650, and still works great on my new Centro.