Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Text messaging report/transcript

Phone
    iPhone 3G (8GB)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Text messaging report/transcript

From what I understand you need a court order to get this from AT&T correct? Anyways my girlfriend was able to get the transcript from April to Mat 2008 of all text messages on our account. How is this possible? Can they just send you that kind of thing if your the main account holder? If they did wouldn't that be a privacy issue for the other parts sending text messages?

Phones
    Fuze and I hate it
    Rugby and Impression_Hubby
    Flight and Vu_kids
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Did she just have the numbers the messages where sent to and from and the time they were sent....cuz that is avail on OLAM.

Phone
    iPhone 3G (8GB)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    She said she got everything that was actually texted back and fourth. She got it in the mail. She told me while I was at work so I have yet to actually see it.

Phone
    iPhone 3G (8GB)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    she said she just payed a fee and they sent it to her in the mail. Weird. Everything I have read on the internet says that you need a court order to even get it

Phones
    BlackBerry 8310 Crimson
    BlackBerry 8310 Titanium
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It was to my understanding that text messages aren't stored on the server, once it is received by the other party it is then erased from the servers. If this is in fact true, how would a transcript be readily available?

Phones
    Samsung Blackjack II (en route)
    Samsung Blackjack I
    Samsung Sync (his phone)
    Carrier
    AT&T 1400 FT plan (4 lines)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Opportunist
    It was to my understanding that text messages aren't stored on the server, once it is received by the other party it is then erased from the servers. If this is in fact true, how would a transcript be readily available?
    They are. Everything you do electronically is backed up.

That email you just deleted from your inbox today.. it's saved on your ISPs server, too

NBO (2004-2005)
    Cust Care (2005 until present)
    AT&T > cingular > at&t... been through it all.

Phone
    iPhone 3G (8GB)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I understand that part but still they just release the info just like that? It seems like privacy issue to the other people that are texting you. I read over at the Att forums you need a court order to have them released. I don't care really I just find it strange that they would do that. I could call customer support and give them a name of someone the last 4 digits of the users ssn and I can have a copy of everything that they had texted.

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfyre0707
    I understand that part but still they just release the info just like that? It seems like privacy issue to the other people that are texting you. I read over at the Att forums you need a court order to have them released. I don't care really I just find it strange that they would do that. I could call customer support and give them a name of someone the last 4 digits of the users ssn and I can have a copy of everything that they had texted.
    I can tell you that there is not away to obtain the information that was in the text messages. AT&T does not have a fee to obtain the information and highly doubt that she just received any information in the mail. So she must be pulling your leg. If she does have the messages, then ask her to quote you the messages. If she can't or refuses to, then call her bluff.

My 2000 post was posted on 4/19/2010 at 23:45.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=409

Phone
    Nokia 6285i
    Feedback Score
    Definitely ask to see proof of just what she's claiming, because you have to go through the police to get that sort of thing, and they wouldn't just produce it just because she asked nicely, either. And by go through the police, I mean there has to be a serious, legitimate reason to, and even then, going by CSI is hardly promising :P

Can I just say that I find it kind of disturbing, how many people -did- call in asking for this sort of thing when I was on the phones?? It was really quite surprising, how many people seemed to want to monitor every single solitary thing their children/spouse/ex-girlfriend did.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OP, at most the only thing that CS could send is a copy of your billing statement which may include call detail (date, time, number called/texted) but certainly not text message transcripts. Call her bluff!!
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think she is just doing what girls do, trying to get you to fess up!
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Carriers
    T-Mobile (current)
    Verizon, Sprint (1997-2007)
    Feedback Score
    So, coldfyre0707 HAS to have had that little confrontation with the gf. I'm wondering: did she really have a transcript?

Left: iPhone 6+ on T-Mobile. Right: Comcast home internet connection.

Phone
    iPhone 3G (8GB)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I still have yet to see any proof yet. I will be asking to see it tonight.

Phones
    Samsung Blackjack II (en route)
    Samsung Blackjack I
    Samsung Sync (his phone)
    Carrier
    AT&T 1400 FT plan (4 lines)
    Feedback Score
    So?.. what's the verdict?

Phones
    Nexus One
    N97 Mini (SOLD)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    she's lying 1000%. i would bet a grand on it. she's just saying that to get you to fess up to something. at most she has is a copy of your bill with all the numbers you sent texts to. and she prob got that by somehow having your account login and password for the online account manager ATT site.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast