Thread: USB Driver W755?

Feedback Score

Red face USB Driver W755?

Take pity on me and help me figure out how to get my sons new Moto w755 to connect to our pc. Got my LG phone running slick through bitpim but cannot find ANY drivers for his brnad new W755. i may be a novice but I am educable

Phones
    LG VX6000
    Motorola v60i (retired)
    Nokia 6162m (retired)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    L.A. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tegal
    Take pity on me and help me figure out how to get my sons new Moto w755 to connect to our pc. Got my LG phone running slick through bitpim but cannot find ANY drivers for his brnad new W755. i may be a novice but I am educable
    +1. I see a USB charging driver and a USB modem driver on the Motorola website, but nothing about connecting the phone to a PC via USB for file exchanging, etc.

Feedback Score
    Hi,

I would start with this first - reply back to everyone once you get this going. It is just the first step, but it is very helpful.

http://mark.cdmaforums.com/

Phones
    LG VX6000
    Motorola v60i (retired)
    Nokia 6162m (retired)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    L.A. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Motorola's unhelpful response is to say i need to buy MPT for $35+ and that when I do, Verizon has mandated it be lame:
    Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support, we appreciate your request.

Thank you very much for your considerations and interest in our products. Sorry for the delay.

Regarding your concern, we apologize for any inconvenience you may experience with your product. You will need to get Motorola Phone Tools software in order to charge the phone via USB cable because it will provide and install the necessary drivers to make the phone recognizable by the computer.

Note: If you are a Verizon customer, all multimedia and Internet connection features in this software will be disabled due to carrier request. Please contact your Service Provider for further information.

System Requirements

Windows® 2000, XP, Vista Operating Systems
    Pentium 466MHz or higher CPU
    64MB RAM
    120MB Free Hard Drive Disk Space
    256 Color VGA or SVGA monitor
    MPC2 compatible CD ROM drive
    One available USB port
    Mouse or other pointing device
    The software is at our web site, you can check the following link for more information.

www.store.motorola.com

Downloadable version $ 34.99 plus taxes
    Motorola Phone Tools 5.0 (CD+ Data Cables) $49.99 plus shipping and taxes

Motorola manufactures phones according to the specifications of each carrier. As a result, carriers may make changes to a phone, or may ask Motorola to make changes, when it is programmed or serviced, for use on their network. Because of this, the use of certain accessories with your phone may differ, and functionality may vary from carrier to carrier. If a specific feature advertised, by Motorola, is not programmed into your phone, or usable with an accessory, please contact your carrier for feature availability.

We hope that you find this information useful and we remain at your entire disposal for future questions you may wish to ask.

If you have further questions or need additional assistance, please contact our Cellular Information Center at 1-800-331-6456. Our business hours are Monday through Friday from 7am to 10pm CST and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 6pm CST.

For information about Motorola products and services, please locate http://www.motorola.com/

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be of service to you.

Best Regards,

Motorola email support

Feedback Score

More W755 problems

I experienced the same issues you, purchased MOTO Phone Tools (OEM Version for 10 bucks). Phone Tools can see the phone and backup contacts, etc. However, Vcast SW cannot see the Phone. Also it does not show up in file explorer as a USB device.

Tried installing the latest VCAST with Rhapsody. It fails after 86% of the install is done. Says I am not a n administrator. (I am).

No help from VX customer service.

Any ideas?? I am running WIndows XP Service Pack 3 with all the latest updates on a Dell 8250 PC.

Thanks

Phones
    Motorola Q (Alltel)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The USB modem drivers are the same. They work for the same thing. And don't buy MPT. It's a complete ripoff. Use P2KCommander. Look at Mark Venture's web site for more info. And don't worry if the information isn't exactly for your phone. Some people have been really particular lately. : )
    Scott M. in New Mexico

Here's a laugh: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=11989818

Phones
    LG VX6000
    Motorola v60i (retired)
    Nokia 6162m (retired)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    L.A. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmac112
    And don't worry if the information isn't exactly for your phone. Some people have been really particular lately. : )
    Worried about possibly messing up the phone!

I read Mark Venture's website and other posts from these forums and got to the point where I was comfortable moving forward.

I installed Motorola's Software Update program (MSU) to get the drivers. The current version installs the drivers that work with my w755. Once installed, I could connect the phone and it charges.

When running, MSU puts the connected phone into the appropriate "suspend/diagnostic mode" that allows other applications to do stuff like add ringtones and other tweaks.

I used P2K Commander to access my videos and photos and to upload ringtones without any issues.

Feedback Score
    What about ncontacts. Ive enjoyed this phone for YEARS but its finally taken enuff hits that its on it's last leg. I NEED NEED NEED to get contacts off phone. Any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    A good way is to get telco support to help you transfer contacts to new phone. I always do that.