Page 1 of 252 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official LG Dare Wallpaper Thread

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

The Official LG Dare Wallpaper Thread

Every new phone gets its own wallpaper thread.

If you are requesting wallpapers from the HoFo community members, please do the following to help them help you:

- Post links to the images you want converted Dare wallpaper. Links are much preferred to images embedded in the request, as source pictures for conversion will be confused with actual wallpaper graphics

- Try to only request wallpapers for pictures that has a width of at least 240 pixels or a height of at least 400 pixels. The bigger the source image the better. Small ones do not upscale well.

- Limit requests to three per request as conversions take time and volunteers don't want to open the thread to see a request for twenty pictures by one person.

- Please avoid requesting wallpapers for things you do not provide example links for. Members here take time to convert and create wallpapers, and it isn't nice to have them search around for images and convert them without knowing if you'd like them anyway. Example pic links are the best way to go.

If you are creating your own Dare wallpapers:

- The Dare's front screen resolution is 240x400. Images larger or smaller than this will scale and look bad. Please only post images that are EXACTLY 240x400.

- Images that are simply scaled with IrfanView or other tool will not preserve the aspect ratio while remaining exactly 240x400. The correct way to do it is to use a tool like PhotoShop or The GIMP to resize an image to EITHER 400px tall OR 240 px wide while telling the tool to preserve the aspect ratio, then crop the extra from the other dimension or fill in the deficiency to bring the image to 240x400.

Last edited by FAUguy; 07-09-2008 at 09:54 PM.
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score

Phone
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarshine
    propz for finding a collection so quick, but a lot of those images look distorted. its a pet peeve of mine when people resize images they want and don't crop them ><

i forget what it is, but if the screen resolution could be posted again that would help people to start creating wallpapers for this phone. also the filetypes supported for wallpapers. even though the resolution of the phone is known, what about the size for which the wallpaper fits? might need to check the resolution on the stock photos to find what resolution works best...

Phones
    Droid, Env-Touch, Dare,
    Hers Voyager, retired..u900Flipshot, u740 ,LG vx8100 backup
    Son HTC touch, vx9900 retired
    Carrier
    Verizon wireless formerly Airtouch
    Feedback Score
    the voyager is 240*400 on the touch screen
    the voyager wallpaper thread is full of great wallpaper pix, 100's of them ,maybe a 1000, there is 183 pages in that thread
    yes some are landscape for the inside, which can be viewed on the dare in landscape mode, or not used

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1267828

here a few of mine

from my buddy HeSkis1

Last edited by themopedwhiz; 06-25-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    TheMopedwhiz aka TheeWizard, a member of the Verizon Wireless Customer Council

Phones
    HTC Incredible
    iPhone4 / BB Curve2
    BB Storm 1st Generation / BB Curve 8330
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Can you post one for the Mets?

Phones
    VZW Customer Council Member
    Droid Bionic, HTC Tbolt&Inc, Droid X,O2,Droid,BB Tour/Storm/Pearl,GzOne, LG Dare/enV/Choc,HTC Touch,
    Sam BJ2/Juke/Alias,iPhone 2G, MiFi, Moto Q9m/v3xx/168i
    Carriers
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirflex
    Can you post one for the Mets?
    I know there were tons of Mets walls on the Voyager wallpaper thread. Like modpedwhiz said, the resolution is the same. You can go to that thread and look for vertically-aligned wallpapers and you should be good to go.

Phones
    HTC Incredible
    iPhone4 / BB Curve2
    BB Storm 1st Generation / BB Curve 8330
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! My Dare is Out for Delivery!

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Droid Incredible, LG: Dare, vx8600, vx7000, vx6000
    Palm Treo 700w
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Do those animated ones work or are they just a still background on the phone?

Feedback Score
    I want a New York Rangers one didnt see it on that list damnit!

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty good with photoshop I can probabaly make some good ones

Phones
    LG Dare
    LG Orange enV (backup)
    Motorola RAZR MAXX (second backup)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaHyp
    Do those animated ones work or are they just a still background on the phone?
    Animated work, but not as fast as they look here. I tried the skull one, and it's maybe half as fast. Maybe even less.

Feedback Score
    can someone post the AIR JORDANS RETRO show, i saw it over in the glyde wall paper thread

Feedback Score
    if someone makes hockey ones and is making a rangers background, id love a washington Caps or Ovechkin background. thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phishhead311
    if someone makes hockey ones and is making a rangers background, id love a washington Caps or Ovechkin background. thanks

find me a picture online that you like of ovechkin or the caps and pm it to me ill do it up for you

Feedback Score
    how do we get these onto our phones? usb? memory card? more than likely im assuming

Page 1 of 252 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast