Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Casio G'zOne c711 (Boulder)

Phone
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    AT&T - Absolutely Horrible
    Feedback Score

Casio G'zOne c711 (Boulder)

Does anybody know if Verizon Wireless has exclusive rights to Casio Phones? As far as I can tell the Casio Boulder is the most durable phone available, you could throw this thing in a river then against a wall and it would still work. Anyway I see Verizon is releasing a new Casio with BrewChat which is supposed to be very similar to Qchat so I'm sure if they were allowed they could make a Qchat version. So does anybody know if Verizon has exclusive rights with Casio and if not why hasn't Sprint/Nextel looked into this phone?

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't hold your breath, last I saw brew chat was similar only in the fact that it was voip walkie talkie. And I don't ever remember seeing a casio sprint phone.

Phone
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire_2k
    I wouldn't hold your breath, last I saw brew chat was similar only in the fact that it was voip walkie talkie. And I don't ever remember seeing a casio sprint phone.
    That doesn't really help or answer the question, and I know brew chat is not the same as qchat but they are close. If mot can make the v750 for verizon and the v950 for sprint both are basically the same phone except for the v750 having brewchat and the v950 having qchat. Why would Casio not be able to do the same unless verizon has an exclusive contract with them or sprint just doesnt want to use these phones.

Phones
    BB 8350i
    Moto i365 w/fixed antenna Zack Morris Edition
    Carriers
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (NakedBerry: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I don't know if there's any kind of exclusive deal between Casio and V, but I do know that those are without a doubt the most disgusting looking phones I have ever had the misfortune of looking at.
    Last edited by Slumber Pass; 06-27-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Phones
    V750 Adventure
    W755 (gone to wife now)
    LG Vx8600
    Carriers
    VZW, Amazing coverage
    ATT, worse than Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Interesting. The forum post was a question about exclusive rights. No one asked for your opinion regarding this phone's "attractiveness', yet you found it necessary to give your opinion anyway. Try living on the water at the shore like I do, and see how any other phone stands up to bay submersions. Looks aren't everything bud.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    May Sprint die a nasty death!!!
    Feedback Score
    IMHO, this could be the start of the end for QChat. With QChat always "soft launching" products, not being able to revert to ReadyLink on 1xRTT when you leave Rev. A areas, and not giving us any "WOW" factors with the new handsets... they're all rips on Moto's RAZR form-factors and layouts, it's not looking pretty for QChat. Furthering the pain for QChat is the Broad/QualComm wars over the chipsets. At the end of the year, all of the QChat phones are going to need to be retooled by their manufacturers to take newer QualComm chips in their boards that don't infringe on BroadCom's patents. This resend to R&D isn't going to make these piggies go to market anytime soon, especially when they have to be recertified by the FCC for the new chipsets. I have to tell you, I've had some Casio watches that I've put through hell. Even the ones not marked "water resistant" can take a pretty good doucing without feeling it. If VZW plays their cards right, releases some trendy sets after these first incarnations, makes these handsets more user friendly with each release, and as the ripped on poster states... retools some of the looks, there's reason for Sprint to be concerned. I hope Hesse doesn't have the blinders on!!!
    I left NEXTEL because:
    1) Gary Forsee for single-handedly killing the mighty NEXTEL
    2) Paul Saleh for coughing up the money for Gary's BIG ideas of grandeur from the NEXTEL cash cow
    3) Timmy Donahue for taking his golden parachute and leaving post-merger when we needed him most
    4) Barry West for regressing iDEN backwards 10 years by killing 6:1 and WiDEN development
    5) Dan Hesse for practicing apathy over sympathy, then prolonging the pain

Phone
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ke4qpf
    IMHO, this could be the start of the end for QChat. With QChat always "soft launching" products, not being able to revert to ReadyLink on 1xRTT when you leave Rev. A areas, and not giving us any "WOW" factors with the new handsets... they're all rips on Moto's RAZR form-factors and layouts, it's not looking pretty for QChat. Furthering the pain for QChat is the Broad/QualComm wars over the chipsets. At the end of the year, all of the QChat phones are going to need to be retooled by their manufacturers to take newer QualComm chips in their boards that don't infringe on BroadCom's patents. This resend to R&D isn't going to make these piggies go to market anytime soon, especially when they have to be recertified by the FCC for the new chipsets. I have to tell you, I've had some Casio watches that I've put through hell. Even the ones not marked "water resistant" can take a pretty good doucing without feeling it. If VZW plays their cards right, releases some trendy sets after these first incarnations, makes these handsets more user friendly with each release, and as the ripped on poster states... retools some of the looks, there's reason for Sprint to be concerned. I hope Hesse doesn't have the blinders on!!!
    What does that have to do with the question I originally asked?

Does Verizon have an exclusive contract with Casio? If Verizon doesn't have an exclusive contract with Verizon, does Sprint have any interest in getting a qchat casio boulder?

In regard to the qualcom broadcom situation I thought that was already settled.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bs259
    What does that have to do with the question I originally asked?

Does Verizon have an exclusive contract with Casio? If Verizon doesn't have an exclusive contract with Verizon, does Sprint have any interest in getting a qchat casio boulder?

In regard to the qualcom broadcom situation I thought that was already settled.
    Here's your answer:

Posted at: http://seekingalpha.com/article/8289...all-transcript

Quote Originally Posted by UTStarcom, Inc. Q1 2008 Earnings Call Transcript
    In quarter four, we launched the high-end HTC Smartphones, 5800 and 6800 series. As a result, the first quarter saw our product mix trend towards the higher price and higher margin products. In fact, the average selling price increased 48% to reach $209 during this quarter. We continue to have strong sales of our data products to virtually all CDMA carriers in North America.

We also launched the next generation rugged phone from Casio Hitachi, the CE-211, exclusively to Verizon. This model is equipped with the same rugged features of its predecessor and also the push-to-talk capabilities.
    It appears UTStarcom, Inc. is working as a marketing agent for Casio Hitachi as well as HTC. The phone you refer to IS exclusive to VZW, but this does not state there is a "total exclusivity" to VZW of future products. Usually, companies who use a marketing agent will sell to whoever the highest bidder the marketing agent can find is as expressed in the line "We continue to have strong sales of our data products to virtually all CDMA carriers in North America." I could not aggregate any more regarding this subject, but Casio does make other handsets, albeit older models that are Smartphones...

Posted at: http://www.windowsfordevices.com/art...654689489.html

Quote Originally Posted by WindowsforDevices.com

Casio DT-X10 -- Dec. 8, 2004 -- The DT-X10 rugged handheld terminal incorporates a CMOS imager and various wireless options, and is aimed primarily at the transportation market. The device runs Windows CE on an Intel PXA255 processor equipped with 32MB of RAM and 64MB of Flash, and boasts a 3.5-inch QVGA color TFT LCD screen. details

Casio IT-10 -- Nov. 19, 2004 -- The IT-10 Enterprise PDA is shock, water, and dust resistant making it suitable for use in tough environments. It runs Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, and boasts a VGA resolution TFT LCD with LED backlight. Casio is targeting the device at retail store management, sales force automation, equipment and facilities maintenance and management, and market research applications. details

Casio DT-X5 -- Sep. 13, 2004 -- This rugged industrial handheld terminal runs Windows CE version 4.1 on an SH-3 processor. It features a CMOS Imager that allows the device to read stacked 2-dimensional barcodes as well as traditional 1-dimensional codes. The DT-X5 can also capture images such as signatures. details
    Since VZW didn't bother to post an "exclusivity" presser, it's safe to assume that Casio can play with others when it comes to other handsets, however, the Type-S

that the "Boulder" replaces was also on VZW, so there is a sense of loyalty to VZW by Casio Hitachi and UTStarcom.

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Star Trek Communicator (Nokia N76 prototype)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have no info, OP, but I'd just like to speculate that Sprint will indeed see a variation of a G'z'One from Casio at some point. Neither Casio nor VZW has been trumpeting about any "EXCLUSIVE!!!" deals.

I admit part of this may be wishful thinking, as the idea of a phone I can use in the shower, out in rainstorms, and even in the pool is simply too cool for words.
    Twitter: Captain2Phones Carriers Used: Sprint PCS, Nextel, T-Mobile, AT&T, Boost Mobile. Phone Manufacturers Used: Samsung, LG, Motorola, RIM, HTC, Sanyo, Danger, Palm, Apple.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yep, I've never really seen that many Casio products that couldn't take a splash from the pool. Most can handle 50 meters no sweat. Many are now sporting 200 meters without a problem. Even if you crash your car into a canal, the phone survives, the car does not.

Phones
    i880
    ic502 Silver and Blue
    i580
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Brewchat runs on 1x right? Meaning that it will be more than sub second connection times? Another FAIL for verizon...:-) Qchat is Sub Second...No other 2 way is sub second besides qchat and Iden:-)

Phone
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LiftedPSD
    Brewchat runs on 1x right? Meaning that it will be more than sub second connection times? Another FAIL for verizon...:-) Qchat is Sub Second...No other 2 way is sub second besides qchat and Iden:-)
    I think you need to do some more research. Brewchat runs on evdo rev a, but i think it is also backwards compatible. brewchat should be very close to qchat. from everything i have read.

Phones
    i880
    ic502 Silver and Blue
    i580
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    "Built on QChat® technology, the BREWChat solution enables person-to-person and person-to-group communication between subscribers at the push of a button. The BREWChat solution carries the same features of its root QChat technology, but was specifically designed for CDMA2000® 1X Release 0 networks, and is upgradeable to CDMA2000 1xEV-DO. The BREWChat solution offers Tata Teleservices rapid call set-up performance, bandwidth savings and is being designed to seamlessly upgrade to and interoperate with the QChat service, which operates on CDMA2000 1X Rev. A networks and provides even faster performance capabilities."

Now go play with your verizon friends and stfu

Phone
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    if anybody hasn't seen the bouder yet or wants to see it click the link below:

Casio Boulder

Phones
    i880
    ic502 Silver and Blue
    i580
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Thing is UGLY....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast